Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have not had any friends that have shared my vision of owning a Tesla which means that i've never referred anybody ever...i've heard that in this forum you can post personal referral codes for the public to use?

please confirm so that i can post it. :)
You can post it in this very thread...and only in this thread.

That's against Tesla's terms and would get your code invalidated.

"Good Faith
We introduce programmes such as these in good faith and expect the same good faith in return. Please note that we may withhold awards where we believe customers are acting in bad faith or otherwise acting contrary to the intent of this programmes. To be clear, commercializing, advertising, publishing, mass distributing or selling referral codes is not appropriate, and we will not honor such codes. We cannot cover every nefarious scenario, nor will we attempt to, but we do promise to be fair and reasonable."
Is it selling if he is paying to have someone use the code?

Reactions: Amit519
i had a referral hi jacked in march and I call Tesla every 2-3 weeks to follow up... the OA that sold the car has not responded to at least 5 emails direct from the corporate office. I get in trouble if i don't answer an email from corporate with hours let alone months...same story as others, said that there was already a referral code attached to the order that cannot be changed... fact is the buyer never gave them any other code but mine...and he gave it to them at the moment of purchase.
the buyer was nice enough to follow up on my behalf on more than 3 occasions and he was told he himself could not change it... but could offer no explanation as to how my code was not entered at the time of purchase. I have not yet given up the fight....

on other fronts... my HPWC was earned in November and supposed to ship in January, then March, then May, then June and the the app still says shipping in June.... I called on that one and was told that shipping is beginning this week but they are taking care of orders chronologically starting with connectors earned in Sept of 2017.... and moving forward... they said maybe 3 more weeks... I am not holding my breath...

Lastly I did earn my 4th and was expecting the solar battery but instead got a second set of Arachnids.... the loot box says that since I own both an S and an X i can get either wheel package.... I am just wondering when I bought the X and where it might be... Seems like something I would remember doing...LOL

On the bright side to that one I can sell the wheels where I cannot sell the home battery so now I have to list them.... anyone in Vegas need wheels and tires....

For a program that can potentially bring in so much business it is so poorly run...

i had a referral hi jacked in march and I call Tesla every 2-3 weeks to follow up... the OA that sold the car has not responded to at least 5 emails direct from the corporate office. I get in trouble if i don't answer an email from corporate with hours let alone months...same story as others, said that there was already a referral code attached to the order that cannot be changed... fact is the buyer never gave them any other code but mine...and he gave it to them at the moment of purchase.
the buyer was nice enough to follow up on my behalf on more than 3 occasions and he was told he himself could not change it... but could offer no explanation as to how my code was not entered at the time of purchase. I have not yet given up the fight....

on other fronts... my HPWC was earned in November and supposed to ship in January, then March, then May, then June and the the app still says shipping in June.... I called on that one and was told that shipping is beginning this week but they are taking care of orders chronologically starting with connectors earned in Sept of 2017.... and moving forward... they said maybe 3 more weeks... I am not holding my breath...

Lastly I did earn my 4th and was expecting the solar battery but instead got a second set of Arachnids.... the loot box says that since I own both an S and an X i can get either wheel package.... I am just wondering when I bought the X and where it might be... Seems like something I would remember doing...LOL

On the bright side to that one I can sell the wheels where I cannot sell the home battery so now I have to list them.... anyone in Vegas need wheels and tires....

For a program that can potentially bring in so much business it is so poorly run...
The wall connectors should really be sent out soon. I heard yesterday that we'll have ours next Tuesday, July 24th or Wednesday, July 25th when they come to install them.

• Love
Reactions: Utahken
Yes, the referral program is a disastrous mess. I have participated since the introduction of the 1st program (July 31 2015 to October 31 2015). Since then to today, I have had at least 10 referrals stolen, similar circumstances to those noted above. Buyers don't care about the stolen referral, they still get their discount or free supercharging or whatever the current deal is. It is very frustrating and incredibly poor service to existing customers.

Also I am owed 2 jackets, one winter coat, and a power-wall. These awards are really old and I am suspecting I will never get them despite much prodding and confirmation on Tesla's end that they are indeed due. Lately they just don't respond.

The worst part of stolen referrals is they usually happen when I am awarded the bigger awards such as wheels or the power-wall, I get dropped back one and just miss that reward as the program period expires and then I get reset back to zero. I think perhaps this system is changed now after the revamp, but you never know what they are going to announce. I have pretty much given up on the program lately.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Fair enough, but I don't claim that free supercharging is going away. I'm only stating that the referral program, as currently defined on Tesla's own website, ends July 31st. That's not a "hunch." That's a fact.

The Free unlimited Supercharging benefit is going away at the end of this Referral Program which ends July 31th.

You're making a statement that the free SC benefit is going away at the end of this referral program, which is misleading. Nobody knows if that is true or not. That is completely different than saying (as Tesla says) the program ends on July 31st.

As with all comments on the forum. They are my views only however I do genuinely think tesla are going to remove this offer, I thought they would do it on July 15th but they secretly extended it. Technically it is going away because there are no further updates of a new program. I do hope they extend it for the benefit of future buyers

Status
Not open for further replies.