Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but I have a feeling if it is extended, they might remove the free supercharging and replace it with something else, they can't keep giving it away unlimited for free forever. Plus as I mentioned, lots of bonus sales now that the tax credit phaseout is happening. That alone is convincing a lot of people to order who were on the fence before.
Granted overseas that doesn't matter, but Tesla will want to push US production as high as possible until the tax credit is gone to get the most out of it.

Good point. Tesla may want to keep the supercharging perk as another way to differentiate the Model S/X from the Model 3 Performance. :cool:

Good point. Tesla may want to keep the supercharging perk as another way to differentiate the Model S/X from the Model 3 Performance. :cool:
Perhaps that, or maybe even something as simple as more additional free yearly supercharging credits, but with limits. Currently you get 400kWh free every year, maybe you get double if you buy using a referral, or more? I would be happy with that, and it would have the added benefit of stopping local supercharger abuse as people would be more conservative knowing they only have so much free each year. Plus as a bonus for those people without unlimited, they could earn additional free supercharger credits for themselves by getting referrals. Honestly if 1,000 miles of free supercharging covers 80% of average buyers needs for yearly long distance travel, 2,000 miles would probably cover 90% or more.

I also liked the idea mentioned above about getting free internet access for life (or for an extra amount of time) as well. That could work out for both the person giving a referral code or using one when buying.

That or go back to the bags, jackets, and other little swag they used to offer.

Many of you maybe in the same boat, but i just want to say how disappointing I am in the referral program. Been waiting for my arachnids now since December. I got a fifth referral but no second powerwall showed up on the app. Escalation to executive support falls on deaf ears. Emails to Tesla referral program email is unreturned. Referrals are stolen by owner advisors who has their own list of owner referral codes.

All in all, happy owner but im out of this referral game.

Reactions: Reeler and Amit519
/edit. I should add, the one I got today I might be able to contact through the local store. How soon after you order your car do you get a referral code to give out? My other option would be to confirm they are going to take delivery, and use their code as a thank you for using my code in turn.

Right after you order, the referral code is active, so you can ask your friend referral code, and use it for your next MX. Enjoy! :)

Well, this is odd, but in a good way.

I just had an additional referral added to the "Delivered" list that never appeared on the "Ordered" list. Ordered 12-May-18, delivered 21-June-18.
I had one of those show up unexpectedly as well. i also found that one of mine that disappeared wasn't poached after all. The buyer had it changed to another referral code that still had the $500 credit available.

Still researching the other one. Tesla said it was cancelled but the buyer said they are still awaiting delivery.

I took 4 deliveries during the last program (would be awesome if I can get the 5th before the end of the month) but I presume I should get at least one Powerwall. Is that correct?

However, the Tesla App is still not showing the Powerwall under my awards (all 4 have taken delivery). Is anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks

So when was the last time someone successfully traded the powerwall for a Tesla Credit? Is it for sure not happening anymore? What are they offering if you aren’t able to have the PW2 installed at your primary residence?

Haven't heard a peep. Tesla Motors still denies (to me) credit was ever given. I haven't heard from Tesla Energy yet on my awaiting powerwall for 4 referrals last round.

I took 4 deliveries during the last program (would be awesome if I can get the 5th before the end of the month) but I presume I should get at least one Powerwall. Is that correct?

I received 4 referrals last round, so I'm due a powerwall. I got a 5th referral this round, so I believe I'm due a 2nd powerwall too. That's how I read the rules and what the ios app indicated as my "next award" for the 5th referral before I got the order.

Haven't heard a peep. Tesla Motors still denies (to me) credit was ever given. I haven't heard from Tesla Energy yet on my awaiting powerwall for 4 referrals last round.

I received 4 referrals last round, so I'm due a powerwall. I got a 5th referral this round, so I believe I'm due a 2nd powerwall too. That's how I read the rules and what the ios app indicated as my "next award" for the 5th referral before I got the order.

Awesome! I am really hoping for a 5th referral this time around. Does the powerwall from the last program show up under my awards on the Tesla App? I am still waiting.

I had one of those show up unexpectedly as well. i also found that one of mine that disappeared wasn't poached after all. The buyer had it changed to another referral code that still had the $500 credit available.

Still researching the other one. Tesla said it was cancelled but the buyer said they are still awaiting delivery.

I have one on "ordered" that is delivered many months ago. I have contacted the Referral-team twice and they are saying: "Yes, he has received the car, no problem", but I'm trying to tell them that i want it moved from ordered to delivered.

Hey guys I have a situation with solar panel referral looking for a path on getting referral credit for it. I recently purchased a new house that is currently exptected to be built in end of August. As part of the purchase agreement I’m required to use Tesla solar panels...has anyone been in a similar situation where the referral credit can apply here even if the builder has an agreement to use Tesla panels ?

Thanks

I referred someone who took delivery on 7/5/18. The delivery shows up on my tesla referral page, but I haven't gotten any emails about selecting my first referral prize. Emailed x 2 to the referral program email address with no response. My kid is excited for the RadioFlyer Model S. Any suggestions on how to get the car token?

Status
Not open for further replies.