Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have 5 referrals, is it true that you can't get the "secret levels" unlocked until they all have taken delivery?

I got my 5th referral today, yay! Except I was planning on using my own code for my 5th. (and before you all bury me with codes, I have local friends here who's codes I can use, but thanks.)

I wanted to use my own code for my 6th, because the 2 referrals that are still pending delivery on my account are people I met at gatherings, meet ups, etc. I worry that if one cancels I won't get the Powerwall, so I wanted some insurance and was going to order my Model X using my own code. Will the secret levels unlock for me before the 30th?

/edit. I should add, the one I got today I might be able to contact through the local store. How soon after you order your car do you get a referral code to give out? My other option would be to confirm they are going to take delivery, and use their code as a thank you for using my code in turn.

You can only unlock secert levels until all your first 5 deliverd.

Has anyone else noticed some changes with the new referral program?
1. My new referrals aren't being tallied up on my referral page (visible to others when they use my link).
2. New referrals only show the first name.

Maybe they are just changing things for privacy reasons? Things were the same as usual on 8/1 but seemed to have changed around 8/3.

Has anyone else noticed some changes with the new referral program?
1. My new referrals aren't being tallied up on my referral page (visible to others when they use my link).
2. New referrals only show the first name.

Maybe they are just changing things for privacy reasons? Things were the same as usual on 8/1 but seemed to have changed around 8/3.

Have not received any referrals since July 31., but will check when I do :)

Have you checked the referral dashboard? Or even MyTesla on the web?

Have not received any referrals since July 31., but will check when I do :)

Have you checked the referral dashboard? Or even MyTesla on the web?
Yes, that's how I know I've gotten new referrals. They are showing up on my Tesla account page (first name only) and when viewing referrals in the app. They don't show up (don't increment the count) when people follow my referral link. They also aren't reflected on your site.

Also, I've seen them disappear a couple of times, only to show back up an hour later.

Yes, that's how I know I've gotten new referrals. They are showing up on my Tesla account page (first name only) and when viewing referrals in the app. They don't show up (don't increment the count) when people follow my referral link. They also aren't reflected on your site.

Also, I've seen them disappear a couple of times, only to show back up an hour later.

Very strange. Just spoke with a guy in Norway. He had a referral added today. Full name and incremented the counter. It was not a Model 3 Performance?

Dang how does one have 150 referrals? Who is that? Crazy!

What is the number you need to get a Roadster? Are they really giving away 20? That's a whole lot of them and considering they are worth $200k each.
Each roadster require around 5 million in sales, so i guess it isn't completely unreasonable (5% marketting cost, not to mention cost to build is less)

• Informative
Reactions: David99
Each roadster require around 5 million in sales, so i guess it isn't completely unreasonable (5% marketting cost, not to mention cost to build is less)

If I pay 50 Tesla sales people $1000 so they each use my referral code just once when selling a car, I would get a free Roaster valued at 200k. That's a decent return on an investment, right? LOL

• Disagree
Reactions: Amit519
If I pay 50 Tesla sales people $1000 so they each use my referral code just once when selling a car, I would get a free Roaster valued at 200k. That's a decent return on an investment, right? LOL
Not gonna lie, I was actually thinking about this. Given the number of reps who give out, or in some cases force, a particular code would probably be open to this.

• Disagree
Reactions: Amit519
I would get a free Roaster valued at 200k.

You'd get a free "Founder's Series" Roadster valued at $250k. But you'd have to pay federal and state income tax on that, and possibly sales tax (state dependent). So let's say that's 40% tax you have to pay out= $100,000. Plus the $55k you paid out in referral fees. You'd net less than $100k if you sold the car new. Or OTOH, you got a roadster at about a $100k discount for a $55k investment. The ROI is good, but not great.

Of course, that's assuming the referral program runs long enough for you to collect the required 55 referrals for the free Roadster. If say you only get 30 referrals, that's only 50% off $250k. You'd have to cough up $125k to buy it, pay the 40% tax on the other half, plus the $30k paid for referrals. The ROI is still positive, but again, not great.

• Informative
Reactions: pkodali
Status
Not open for further replies.