Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m new with this. I’m a 70-year-old woman looking to where to post my sons referral code. Someone said go to this site and post it. I don’t want to violate any terms or conditions I’ll post it and if it’s wrong someone can reply and I will remove it. I am trying to get to referrals to get my grandson the little Tesla car for Christmas, if I’m in the wrong area please advise me thank you. Tesla Supercharging Credit and Extended Solar Warranty

For Model 3 owners that get 3 referrals and get the wheels award - which wheels do they get? Per the Referral Program FAQ, the wheel award is determined by your current vehicle, of which the Model 3 is not one.

Anybody know how they're handling this?

I am eligible for Arachnid or Turbine Wheels through the referral program. How can I redeem my award?
Your wheel award is contingent upon your current vehicle ownership. If you own a Model S, you will be able to select the Silver Arachnid wheels. If you own a Model X, you will be able to select the Turbine wheels in Silver or Onyx Black.​

I’m a little slow when it comes to determining referral prizes. Does this imply I’m getting arachnids when my friend accepts delivery? Or is that showing what I would get with one more referral? My friend ordered this month using my code so I was expecting to see ‘image launched into space’ per the program description. This is my 2nd referral this year but the first one took delivery in June so I figured it was a separate program resetting in October. Is it possible since I already have a referral from June they kept me on the previous program as far as prizes go? Previous program had the arachnids for the 2nd referral. When I click on the (i) under my referrals it shows a choice between a set of arachnids or a new Tesla for a week.
FA3E2FD9-63BB-4ADB-8258-E336AF485053.jpeg

I’m a little slow when it comes to determining referral prizes. Does this imply I’m getting arachnids when my friend accepts delivery? Or is that showing what I would get with one more referral? My friend ordered this month using my code so I was expecting to see ‘image launched into space’ per the program description. This is my 2nd referral this year but the first one took delivery in June so I figured it was a separate program resetting in October. Is it possible since I already have a referral from June they kept me on the previous program as far as prizes go? Previous program had the arachnids for the 2nd referral. When I click on the (i) under my referrals it shows a choice between a set of arachnids or a new Tesla for a week.
View attachment 347901
You need one more referral

Thanks. That’s what I figured after reading the fine print but expected to see the black wall connector as the next (2nd) prize.

Edit:
ShawnA, that is correct. One took delivery in late June, the other just ordered on October 19th so expects delivery in 6-10 weeks. When I hit the “i” it shows i get a choice between the wheels or a test drive. I thought it ment the wheels are conditional to my 2nd referral taking delivery but it also makes sense that it’s the prize if I get one more referral.

Edit(2):
I think I got it sorted out. From what I understand the first referral determines what phase of awards one is eligible for. In my case the first order was in April 2018 so at that time each of the first and second referral was either a wall connector or a mini model S. Third was the wheels. Would it be so wrong if I ordered my wife a model 3 and referred myself to get the wheels? Someone please talk me off the ledge!!! I think I have an addiction problem!

Last edited:
Not exactly. Each referral stands on its own. So whatever the prizes were during the period in which you got a referral ORDER (not delivery), that's the prize(s) you'd get. The prize you get does not depend upon delivery, but the delivery must happen before you get the prize. Clear as mud yet?

So if you already have two referrals, your potential third referral would be under the current set of prizes, which yes, is a set of wheels. And yes, you can refer yourself.

You have to go to the Tesla Account page and look when your second referral was ordered, and then you can figure out what the second referral prize was during that phase.

• Informative
Reactions: agloutney
Ok its starting to make sense. So my first referral gets me a wall connector from the previous program and the second referral gets me a second wall connector or mini model S since the wall connector or mini S is now the prize for the second referral. I noticed I can also give the mini model S to a charity which is nice since I probably don’t need more wall connectors and the kids are older now. Thanks for the clarification.

This might be a tall order but here goes:

Planning to place my order for Model 3 very soon to get the full tax credit.

Is there anyone with 1 referral already under their belt that would share their referral code with me and be willing to forego the wall charger prize and instead sell me their voucher for the Model S For Kids at a reasonable discount?

I'm not expecting to get it (The Model S for Kids) in time for Christmas, but it would be great if delivered in time for my kid's birthday next Spring.

Reactions: onautopilot
This might be a tall order but here goes:

Planning to place my order for Model 3 very soon to get the full tax credit.

Is there anyone with 1 referral already under their belt that would share their referral code with me and be willing to forego the wall charger prize and instead sell me their voucher for the Model S For Kids at a reasonable discount?

I'm not expecting to get it (The Model S for Kids) in time for Christmas, but it would be great if delivered in time for my kid's birthday next Spring.
PM'ed

Status
Not open for further replies.