Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone looking for a referral code can use my Tesla referral link to get six months of free Supercharging on Model S, Model X or Model 3.
Tesla Supercharging Credit and Extended Solar Warranty
mark47276

European Orders, can also use this direct link: Start your Model 3 Order here!

Feel free to PM me and I can help answer any questions you may have, as others kindly did for me when I ordered.
For those who order...Welcome to the Tesla family in advance!

The point being that nobody knows what Tesla will or won't do.. so your statement above...

which will significantly increase the base price of the automaker’s two flagship vehicles.

is pure FUD.

The Model 3 is nowhere near any kind of substitute for the 75D. They are completely different cars with different benefits and different buyers. Tesla would be shooting themselves in the face to just say "eh, can't afford a 100D, buy the cheap car". That's not how automotive marketing works.

Later there will be cheaper model for the X, the Y.

And that's not going to be for at least two years. So what are the MX 75D buyers supposed to do?

The BMW 5-series starts at $53,400 for the bottom of the line 530i, and goes up to $102,700 for a fully loaded M550i Xdrive. You think BMW is just going to tell the lower end buyers "eh, screw off, go buy the 3-Series if you can't afford the M550i". Doesn't work that way.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Agree with @HankLloydRight

- Model S is a competitor for BMW 5-Series which starts in the low $50k range.
- The price gap between Model 3 and Model S is large now and would be ridiculously large if only the 100D and P100D remain in the line up.
- The last few times Tesla removed a base version (70/70D, 60/60D, and then the 75), they lowered the price of the next higher version or bundled in some freebies.

Therefore, take Elon’s tweet literally. Tesla is only removing the 75 from the lineup. This does not preclude anything else from happening. My guess is:

60 or 65 or 70 is re-introduced at the bottom as the “standard range”
80 or 85 is re-introduced in the middle as “mid range”
100 gets a price drop as “long range”
P100D gets a price drop as “performance”

Reactions: HankLloydRight
The news and reports may be FUD, but its also an opportunity to take the leap if you have been on the fence: The starting price of a Tesla Model S will soon be $18,000 higher

I personally missed out on the cheaper AWD pricing due to the model's sudden price increase back in August. No FUD, just keeping it real.

With that said, anyone looking for a referral code can use my Tesla referral link to get six months of free Supercharging on Model S, Model X or Model 3.
mark47276

European Orders, can also use this direct link: Start your Model 3 Order here!

Feel free to PM me and I can help answer any questions you may have, as others kindly did for me when I ordered.
For those who order...Welcome to the Tesla family in advance!

The news and reports may be FUD, but its also an opportunity to take the leap if you have been on the fence: The starting price of a Tesla Model S will soon be $18,000 higher

Yes, even more FUD. That article, at the very end explains why:

Another user asked if the change means Tesla is going start promoting these cars more like the Model 3, which is offered in “Long Range,” “Performance,” and (eventually) “Standard Range” variants, instead of by battery pack size. “Yes,” Musk replied.

So the "75D" might be discontinued, but it won't be very long until something takes its place (Short Range, Medium Range, etc).

They'll probably discontinue the 100D/P100D soon also. Does that mean that Tesla won't be making any Model S? No, it will be relabeled "Long Range" or "Long Range Performance".

Reactions: Techniques
I am a older lady who doesn’t know the rules on this forum. I see your putting your referral codes here, so I will also put mine and this is my reason for doing so. I ordered a model 3, no referral used cuz I was not informed. Traded that one in on a p3, told my advisor to make sure my referral code was put on the second car, he didn’t do it. I was very upset, cuz, I wanted the code I deserved. They said, there’s nothing they can do after delivery. So if anyone is willing to help a 69 year old lady, I will be very grateful. It’s. ts.la/ed70971. You now get 9 months free charging. Thx. Happy motoring to all!

I am a older lady who doesn’t know the rules on this forum. I see your putting your referral codes here, so I will also put mine and this is my reason for doing so. I ordered a model 3, no referral used cuz I was not informed. Traded that one in on a p3, told my advisor to make sure my referral code was put on the second car, he didn’t do it. I was very upset, cuz, I wanted the code I deserved. They said, there’s nothing they can do after delivery. So if anyone is willing to help a 69 year old lady, I will be very grateful. It’s. ts.la/ed70971. You now get 9 months free charging. Thx. Happy motoring to all!
Send an email to [email protected]

• Informative
Agree with @HankLloydRight

- Model S is a competitor for BMW 5-Series which starts in the low $50k range.
- The price gap between Model 3 and Model S is large now and would be ridiculously large if only the 100D and P100D remain in the line up.
- The last few times Tesla removed a base version (70/70D, 60/60D, and then the 75), they lowered the price of the next higher version or bundled in some freebies.

Therefore, take Elon’s tweet literally. Tesla is only removing the 75 from the lineup. This does not preclude anything else from happening. My guess is:

60 or 65 or 70 is re-introduced at the bottom as the “standard range”
80 or 85 is re-introduced in the middle as “mid range”
100 gets a price drop as “long range”
P100D gets a price drop as “performance”

For a while Tesla had 1 module for the S/X with the 75 and 90. Then the 100KWH introduced a new, more densely packed module and they have been back to making 2 different modules. They want to streamline production as much as possible and one way to do that would be to make a 14 module car with the same module as the 100 KWH car. That would make a pack that is around 89 KWH. To differentiate between the small and large pack cars, Tesla might sell the smaller pack as the new 85D, but it would really have closer to a 90 KWH.

It might hurt sales of the larger pack cars though because there would be less range difference to differentiate the two. A new S 85D would probably have about 295 miles of range, or might even break 300. The old S90D which had closer to an 85 KWH battery got 294 rated range.

With streamlined production Tesla could lower the price a little on the upgrade to sweeten the pot for the larger battery car.

I predict Tesla is going to the new batteries used in the Model 3 soon for the Model S/X. There will be a Short Range 100 KWH or so, maybe a little less. They will offer a Long Range at 125 KWH so that they have the longest range option of any production carmaker. They will do 1200 V charging to have even faster supercharging than Porsche for the new battery configuration. Both the Model S/X may get the new interior using the Model 3 design language at the same time. Even more unlikely, but possible, is a slight redesign of the Model S exterior.

The best explanation yet from InsideEVs... Let's Analyze Tesla's Recent Model S, X 75D Discontinuation

The most logical reasoning for the discontinuation is that Tesla is taking down its 75 kWh pack line to upgrade to a cheaper/more efficient architecture that can handle the V3 Supercharger. Since the 100D’s are Tesla’s highest margin vehicles, Tesla will be able to decrease their cost substantially because Tesla no longer has to cover the lower margin 75D’s in its sales mix.

While the 75 line is down, Tesla can crank out as many 100 kWh packs so that they can keep manufacturing their highest margin vehicles when they take down the 100-pack line for its upgrades. Tesla can then reintroduce “Standard Range” S/X’s with higher ranges than the current 75D’s. Tesla can charge the same price for the SR than it did for the prior 75D because the buyer gets more range for “free” and Tesla gets better margins on their lower-end S/X’s.

When the SR is introduced, Tesla can upgrade the 100 kWh pack line while it continues to manufacture high-margin 100D’s with the inventory 100D packs that it produced during the 75D discontinuation. When the upgrades are complete, Tesla can reintroduce an upgraded “Long Range” S/X and charge the pre-discounted 100D price because the LR vehicles will have longer range and higher charge speeds.With the old price-point, the new LR’s would then be able to again offset the lower margin SR’s. When the next tax credit rollback occurs, Tesla will again have healthy margins on its flagships that will again enable it to drop the price of its vehicles again to absorb the impact.

Looking for a referral code:
Here you go. daniel5646
Link:

*9 months free Supercharging
If you order without ever having taken a test drive with Tesla, you will receive an additional three months of free Supercharging. They will also have three calendar days after taking delivery to return their vehicle.

You can use my Tesla referral link to get six months of free Supercharging on Model S, Model X or Model 3. You can also get a 5-year extended warranty on solar panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.