Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Token - wheels swap error happened to me too... how did you get a hold of someone?

And is Feb 28 the deadline to order awards??! Not April 1?

I have been trying to get this resolved since November 2018. I got absolutely nowhere with the person at the referral support email. They wouldn't listen to me or take my emails seriously, just kept telling me the arachnids weren't the prize at the time despite me showing him screenshots that they were and explaining that the service center agreed with me. Sent an email to escalation team, they listened to me, they took ownership and admitted that it was an error, said the wheels were on the way but I'm still waiting.

Per Tesla's Credit Reward Policy
"If you own a Model 3, you may select one week with a Model S or Model X or delay award redemption until you have a Model S or X."

I have a 3 & S. I'm due Arachnid wheels for my Model S, but I'm waiting later this year in hopes for a refreshed Model X. I sent an email last week and the Referral team denied my request to delay the award. Is anyone else in my situation? Is this worth escalating through the chain of command? I know beggars can't be choosers but it simply doesn't make sense to get new wheels for my S if I'm already considering an upgrade to an X.

Per Tesla's Credit Reward Policy
"If you own a Model 3, you may select one week with a Model S or Model X or delay award redemption until you have a Model S or X."

I have a 3 & S. I'm due Arachnid wheels for my Model S, but I'm waiting later this year in hopes for a refreshed Model X. I sent an email last week and the Referral team denied my request to delay the award. Is anyone else in my situation? Is this worth escalating through the chain of command? I know beggars can't be choosers but it simply doesn't make sense to get new wheels for my S if I'm already considering an upgrade to an X.

I wouldn't count on that previous language and risk losing your reward all together.

There's a reason so many people are dumping their 22" Model X referral wheels. The hit on range is significant. That said, they look amazing.

You can also ask to get the Model 3 Forged Wheels instead.

Of course they would do this! My wheel award is still stuck on Tap to redeem and everytime i enter my service center it doesnt do anything! They ended the program already why not honor the awards already earned.....referral program as well as their delivery team are poorly managed but the appeal of the car "kind of" outweighs those issues hahaha

If anyone else stuck in the "Tap to redeem" loop when trying to redeem the referral Powerwall? We've had this issue for months. We choose to redeem the Powerwall and confirm the address and get to a screen that shows a summary. The status is still "Tap to redeem" and there is no final submit button.
No, I’m in the “redeemed almost 2 years ago and still waiting” loop...lol

No, I’m in the “redeemed almost 2 years ago and still waiting” loop...lol
So in My Awards in the app, after what does it actually show for the status? This Powerwall always shows "Tap to redeem award". After I tap "Select Powerwall 2" and then "Confirm Submission", it goes to an Award Details page and the Status is "Tap to redeem award". That's what we just did and there's nothing new to tap on this screen.

Other awards such as the wall connectors show as "Scheduled" (even though we already received them), "Processing" (since November) for the Arachnids or "Details to be announced" for the Solar Roof token and unveiling invitation.

Last edited:
I contacted them via referral email and I got the following response:

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Tesla Referral Program. The Referral Program ended on February 2, 2019.
Award selections must be made by February 28, 2019. Awards will be fulfilled based on the timelines below once all eligible referral orders have been delivered. An anticipated update to the “Loot Box” this Friday should answer your question and help in your ordering process. If you are still unable to complete or track your award selection after that time please feel free to follow up with me.

Last edited:
So in My Awards in the app, after what does it actually show for the status? This Powerwall always shows "Tap to redeem award". After tap "Select Powerwall 2" and then "Confirm Submission", it goes to an Award Details page and the Status is "Tap to redeem award". That's what we just did and there's nothing new to tap on this screen.

Other awards such as the wall connectors show as "Scheduled" (even though we already received them), "Processing" (since November) for the Arachnids or "Details to be announced" for the Solar Roof token and unveiling invitation.
I don't have a tap to redeem on the app. Never had.

If anyone else stuck in the "Tap to redeem" loop when trying to redeem the referral Powerwall? We've had this issue for months. We choose to redeem the Powerwall and confirm the address and get to a screen that shows a summary. The status is still "Tap to redeem" and there is no final submit button.
That’s what I’m experiencing with wheels. I had the same issue with the HPWC but the status changed to available in 2019 and my address was locked in at that point. I hope that it’s considered as selected reward. That would suck if they didn’t honor that!

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
So in My Awards in the app, after what does it actually show for the status? This Powerwall always shows "Tap to redeem award". After I tap "Select Powerwall 2" and then "Confirm Submission", it goes to an Award Details page and the Status is "Tap to redeem award". That's what we just did and there's nothing new to tap on this screen.

I am having the same issue except for the wheels. I was able to redeem the radio flyer car. I've tried Android and IOS and it does nothing.

Heres a screenshot of my loot box awards. I included the one about the wheels being in tap to redeem status

Attachments

• IMG_1561.PNG
    IMG_1561.PNG
    52.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1560.PNG
    IMG_1560.PNG
    199.7 KB · Views: 66
The Loot box should be the same for everyone, regardless of iPhone or Android -- it's just straight HTML retrieved from the server. You don't even need the Tesla app to get the info. You can get all your referrals and Award info and Loot Box using my Tampermonkey script here:

About | Telsa API Safe Tools: Token Generator, API Query Tool, and Referral Info Retrieval | Userscripts | OpenUserJS

It's also a quick way to also query the API for all your vehicles and their info, too.

You can also get an API token here for use in other tools/programs like TeslaFi without sending your credentials to a third party.

You'll need the Tampermonkey browser extension/plug in, and then load my script using the link above (just click "install" twice). You'll need your Tesla Account credentials, but you're only submitting them directly to the teslamotors.com API server and no other intermediate website or program. In fact all the source code is right there for review in the plugin.

Here's how to use the tool:

// **************************** Directions: ****************************
// 1. Load and enable this script into TamperMonkey in your browser
// 2. Go to this secure Tesla Motors API website: https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/oauth/token
// 3. Enter and submit your TESLA ACCOUNT login credentials
// You are submitting your TESLA ACCOUNT credentials ONLY back to the teslamotors.com website.
// At no time are your credentials sent anywhere else so submitting your credentials is completely safe,
// since you are always on the secure teslamotors.com domain/website.
// **********************************************************************

• Helpful
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
The Loot box should be the same for everyone, regardless of iPhone or Android -- it's just straight HTML retrieved from the server. You don't even need the Tesla app to get the info. You can get all your referrals and Award info and Loot Box using my Tampermonkey script here:

About | Telsa API Safe Tools: Token Generator, API Query Tool, and Referral Info Retrieval | Userscripts | OpenUserJS

It's also a quick way to also query the API for all your vehicles and their info, too.

You can also get an API token here for use in other tools/programs like TeslaFi without sending your credentials to a third party.

You'll need the Tampermonkey browser extension/plug in, and then load my script using the link above (just click "install" twice). You'll need your Tesla Account credentials, but you're only submitting them directly to the teslamotors.com API server and no other intermediate website or program. In fact all the source code is right there for review in the plugin.

Here's how to use the tool:

// **************************** Directions: ****************************
// 1. Load and enable this script into TamperMonkey in your browser
// 2. Go to this secure Tesla Motors API website: https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/oauth/token
// 3. Enter and submit your TESLA ACCOUNT login credentials
// You are submitting your TESLA ACCOUNT credentials ONLY back to the teslamotors.com website.
// At no time are your credentials sent anywhere else so submitting your credentials is completely safe,
// since you are always on the secure teslamotors.com domain/website.
// **********************************************************************
Thanks for the info. I have seen issue where things don't display correctly due to screen resolution on various devices. Your solution should let me see if I'm missing anything.

BTW, I found a couple typos: Vehcile and retreive, @HankLloydRight but things work great. :)
Is that a (partial) button at the bottom of the screen? If so, can you click on it? I don't have that on any of my screens. I'm on Android. Maybe that's an iPhone thing?
I don't see those using Hank's script or in my phone so those must be an artifact from @GrandmasterJ screen shots.

Thanks again, @HankLloydRight

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.