TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Referral Program

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by djp, Jul 29, 2015.

1. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Thanks, I fixed those. The script was a quick-and-dirty thing I threw together, didn't really focus on form. :)

If you go into the Tampermonkey dashboard and click on the "Last Updated" value ("7d" in the example below), it should automatically update you the latest 1.2.14 version.

upload_2019-2-13_15-52-31.png

• Like x 1
  2. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

Yeah, so under my rewards mine says your Powerwall 2 will be installed at the following address (followed by my address)... email the referral program team and see what they say.

[email protected]

3. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2020.28.5

We emailed them about a month ago but haven't heard back yet. How long did it take once you emailed them?

4. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

I usually get a response in a week or two. Lord knows now they there are a billion M3’s though.

5. ALSETJC

ALSETJC Member

No offense to the popular youtubers but Im so glad I won't hear referral references anymore. The videos already promote Tesla, no need to waste money.

6. Sir Guacamolaf

Sir Guacamolaf The good kind of fat

In the mytesla account area, I can no longer see the specific referrals I made.
    I can still see the programs - with "view" links, but clicking on "view" does not show the names of the orders.
    Is there a way to get this information or did Tesla remove this view? Thanks!

7. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

See Post #8178

8. Sir Guacamolaf

#8188 Sir Guacamolaf, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    @HankLloydRight .. thanks .. I was able to get the information using the instructions.
    But they don't seem to show ALL referrals, the only go last cycle, and 1 cycle before that. Is there a way to get ALL referrals like mytesla used to show?

9. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

It shows exactly what the Loot Box would show in the Tesla App. It's the exact same API call the app makes and returns the same data. It goes back to the last time tesla "reset" the referral counts which would be any referrals after May 19, 2017.

If I have time tomorrow, I'll look to see if there's a way to retrieve the referrals past the current phase (what shows in the Loot Box).

10. NJ Plugin

NJ Plugin Member

I apologize if this has been mentioned recently here.

Do the wheel prizes include tires and or TPMS lately? A friend was asking me...
    also, have there been any pictures of the Model 3 wheels, and/or size?

11. Max Headroom

Max Headroom Member

What Tesla did was to turn every owner into a commissioned sales person. It was a brilliant scheme for a company with no dealership network, or advertising, until it had enough stores in place and enough demand/production to be profitable. Some people are comfortable with it, others not so much. I personally just love to promote the car as an altruistic endeavour and always presented my argument to use the referral code as a benefit to the buyer and downplayed any potential rewards. I'm sure I led many people to buy a Tesla and in fact sold a used one for a dearly departed friend and received no rewards besides the feeling that I made a contribution (also part of the reason I bought one for myself) to both Tesla and the new owners experience and to put more of these on the road. Did they need to run such a campaign? Not sure. Perhaps a campaign of webinars and podcasts on the technology, it's history, it's advantages, owner expectations, how to operate etc. would have been more beneficial and could have solidified the brand with more respect than leaving it up to the public at large to argue it's merits. That said, I had to buy my arachnids from a successful YouTuber who is a better promoter than I and I'm grateful those wheels were made available to me. Struggling with some envy for those who scored new Roadsters though. :) .

• Like x 1
  12. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Yes, all the wheel awards come with mounted/balanced tires and TPMS.

• Like x 1
  13. Sandman1962

Sandman1962 Member

I have been expecting a Powerwall 2 Founders Edition since 2017. And even put a downpayment on one from another award recipient. I have inquired a few times with Tesla Referral with the reply just kicking it down the road.

There must be many people in the same boat. Does anyone have any updates at all?

Thanks

14. Reeler

Reeler Decade of Pure EV Driving

I am finally getting the three Powerwalls I won installed, I think. They had done a site survey about a year ago, then everything stalled. They scheduled a panel upgrade date when I noted that I won a third powerwall in September. They cancelled to update the permit so I think I will finally get this prize. I won’t fully believe it until I see the EM signed unit hanging from my garage wall.

• Like x 2
  15. flar

flar Member

I'm right there with you. I provided a bunch of advice to a friend who was thinking of getting an S and told him to call me if he had any questions. A week later and no response I contacted him to see if he was still thinking of getting one. He'd already ordered it. I asked about the referral and he said he didn't need to bother asking me because someone at work shared theirs. When I was disappointed he asked why it mattered and I explained the referral program. He had no idea that it came with material benefits to the referrer and the person who scooped up his referral had just been a bit more proactive about getting people to use theirs.

And during the Delivery Hell crunch I spent several hours at a Delivery Center talking new owners through their new buyer jitters and I got a nice thank you as a reward, which is all I was expecting.

The "referral scooping", and all of the constant "here is my referral number, please use it" posts on the forums and FB pages just turned me off to the entire program. I'm glad those aspects will be history. But I do recognize that it probably had a big impact on Tesla's success.

16. Sir Guacamolaf

Tesla owes me 3 powerwalls. It's been 2+ years, and they have been giving me the runaround. I don't think they have any intention of fulfilling the reward.

17. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

I'd like to know if any has received their 22" wheel reward in the last 60 days?

18. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

I'm sure they'll get to you eventually. I have two friends who are each owed 2 and 3 powerwalls, and also have yet to be contacted.

19. rfmurphy81

rfmurphy81 Member

I have two Arachnids won as prizes #3 and #4. I claimed prize #3 back in June 2018 around when I got my current Model S then received prize #4 for self referring. I'm *still* waiting for them to deliver the Arachnids I claimed in June. When I emailed them last month, they didn't provide anything helpful besides they were experiencing a "part constraint" and I'll be contacted by the Service Center when they are delivered with no ETA.

I'm not even sure what I want to do with a second set of Arachnids since I'll presumably have one already received and they won't let you substitute for different prizes, cash value or even the equivalent wheels for a Model 3. The going price for them right now is... lower than I'm happy with, plus I'm not sure that I'm keen as of now on the logistics of trying to sell them. I really wish I could have arranged the timing in a way to get that PowerWall now that I have their solar panels.

• Informative x 1
  20. sixty

sixty Member

I have questions regarding how to redeem the HPWC or the Radio Flyer Model S hopefully someone here can help.

I bought my Tesla using my Uncle's code and he said he will give the reward to me. He doesn't use a smartphone very often so I am trying to give him instructions on how to redeem the reward.

My first question is, can he request to send the HPWC to another person/address? Can he put in the name and address when he redeem the HPWC from the app? If it doesn't allow to change the shipping address, then if he requests the Radio Flyer Model S, will he just get a code and the code can be redeemed by anyone from radio flyer's webpage?

Time is running out, hopefully we will be able to redeem the reward in time. Thanks