Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things you may not have discovered about your Model S?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed yesterday that my "toy car" display was only showing one of my headlamps on. Sure enough, the other bulb was burned out. Who knew?? Much more subtle and clever way than just showing a generic "Lamp Failure" warning.

IMG_20160428_151013914.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160428_151013914.jpg
    IMG_20160428_151013914.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 63
I think that an actual warning would be even more useful than the updated "toy car" image.
It wouldn't for me as the UI is presently laid-out, as I and some others can't see any of the idiot lights (and top half of the speed digits) without craning my neck, because they are hidden by the steering wheel. :). Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Now, if Tesla would reposition the speed digits and most important idiot lights lower on the IC, and put the distant toy car display further up (which IMHO does not have as important data as the lower part of the toy car display does) that solves my issue and would make my shoulders a lot more comfortable on longer drives. More on all that in other threads, and yes I've formally written to Tesla about my (safety and comfort) concern and suggestion after 7.1 came out. ;)

Did you also have an actual lamp failure warning?
No lamp warning was displayed. I agree with MorrisonHiker...a simple (not annoying) lamp failure warning would have given me a better alert, as you could certainly miss noticing this for a day or so. I would have noticed as I have my lights set to stay on after getting out. I still thought it was a very creative notification, and awesome that it shows you precisely which light has burned out.

1) ALL WINDOWS DOWN: press and hold the "roof" (middle) button on your keyfob to lower all the windows at once. nice when walking up to a hot car. [JoshG]

No All Windows Down does noT work on my car. SC, told me the feature was removed because of Co olaints?

Correct. It used to be a thing, but now it's not because people have to wear skinny jeans for some reason. Apparently tight pants made accidental presses too easy for a vocal minority (I'm half joking here).