Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, had a 60 mile trip mostly on AP on 2021.4.12.2. Car was well centred in the lane, picked up all the speed limits and adjusted to them.
one slightly phantom brake for a lorry in a lay-by close to the carriageway.
one thing I did notice was that not all oncoming vehicles display on the screen. Some do, some don’t. No circumstances to differentiate and no blocked camera warnings. Odd!

....one thing I did notice was that not all oncoming vehicles display on the screen. Some do, some don’t. No circumstances to differentiate and no blocked camera warnings. Odd!
I have noticed this for ages and hope the car is actually seeing parked cars and pedestrians on the left hand side. It has a full on crush for cones and wheelie bins and can spot them a long way ahead but parked cars don't even get a mention on that large white display with a tiny car in the middle.

• Funny
Reactions: DenkiJidousha
I have noticed this for ages and hope the car is actually seeing parked cars and pedestrians on the left hand side. It has a full on crush for cones and wheelie bins and can spot them a long way ahead but parked cars don't even get a mention on that large white display with a tiny car in the middle.
Now you mention it, pedestrians aren’t seen that often. Cones and wheelie bins are spotted even if hidden from view ;)

Update
I just had a quick ride into town to get some milk. It’s bin day.
car saw all the bins but not a single pedestrian. There were at least ten pedestrians en route and all were between the car and the bins in terms of distance.
it did however see a cyclist on the cycle path.
something has recently changed.

Need to be mindful about the difference between what the car ‘sees’ and what is rendered on the screen. It’s clear the car sees much more than it renders; what it shows on the screen is merely what it’s been told to show. I’ve mostly seen pedestrians rendered when they’ve been in the direct path of the car, not when they’ve been to the side and therefore dismissed as not being relevant for rendering. The bins on the other hand are different; it’s clearly been told to render bins. I forget the reason for this, but has been discussed in other threads. I’ve been on 12.2 now for sometime and have not noticed anything different.

It is so frustrating that many reports could be anecdotal & /or subjective.

I hardly drove on 4.12 so can't comment, but I did have the weird rebooting / incorrect location etc on Raven S as others reported. Since then, noticed other odd glitches for example Tesla-Cam not starting up on first use after standing. Usually starts OK if car locked / unlocked, then works fine until next left unused for a while. Other USB memory use effected the same.

Just drove a regular M1 journey where I normally have 2 or 3 phantom brake events passing curtain-siders but no problem today. What I did experience that I hadn't noticed previously was 3 or 4 aborted lane changes to the left returning to central lane of 3. In each case a lorry was at 7 o'clock from me (typical blind spot area) and I saw its visualisation jumping between left lane and centre lane as I was starting to join the centre. Lane change aborted and pulled quite violently back to right hand lane.

It feels progressively more stressful trying to use AP / FSD as there are more potential situations where you are bracing yourself to counter an unwanted / incorrect intervention by the car.

While I have read reports of regen braking being applied stronger and maybe at lower battery temps, I really haven't noticed any significant change. Past few drives on 4.15 and I still had 50% reduction after 30 mins or longer including on motorway at 10 - 15 deg C ambient.

Update
I just had a quick ride into town to get some milk. It’s bin day.
car saw all the bins but not a single pedestrian. There were at least ten pedestrians en route and all were between the car and the bins in terms of distance.
it did however see a cyclist on the cycle path.
something has recently changed.

I paid attention to this this morning. I didn't notice anything obviously different with its willingness to visualise or ignore pedestrians from previous versions - it still does both. Still on 2021.4.12.2

What I did experience that I hadn't noticed previously was 3 or 4 aborted lane changes to the left returning to central lane of 3. In each case a lorry was at 7 o'clock from me (typical blind spot area) and I saw its visualisation jumping between left lane and centre lane as I was starting to join the centre. Lane change aborted and pulled quite violently back to right hand lane.

For me this has been a consistent "feature" of FSD since I got my car last summer. From what I have read here on TMC it is a common issue that has been here for some time.

I always wait to pass the lorry before attempting to change back to the middle lane, unless there is someone behind me in a hurry in which case I do it the manual old fashioned way to let them pass.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
Given the autonomous driving announcements today, I’m going to stick my neck out a bit. Clearly if, and that’s a big if, it happens towards the end of the year, there will be some beta testing to be done in the months prior. There are are group of 2000 cars sitting on 4.12.2 whilst the main body have moved to 4.12.15. FSD betas are tending to be xxxx.x.x.1. I can’t help wondering if .2 is an RHD beta version waiting to be activated.
I could be completely wrong, but my updates usually go with the crowd. Doubtless we’ll know in the fullness of time.
Perhaps I’ve spent too much time travelling at 37mph ;)

Reactions: AnthonyLR
Given the autonomous driving announcements today, I’m going to stick my neck out a bit. Clearly if, and that’s a big if, it happens towards the end of the year, there will be some beta testing to be done in the months prior. There are are group of 2000 cars sitting on 4.12.2 whilst the main body have moved to 4.12.15. FSD betas are tending to be xxxx.x.x.1. I can’t help wondering if .2 is an RHD beta version waiting to be activated.
I could be completely wrong, but my updates usually go with the crowd. Doubtless we’ll know in the fullness of time.
Perhaps I’ve spent too much time travelling at 37mph ;)
I'm also sitting on 2021.4.12.2 with FSD and am still waiting for the 'hot, on fire' new features in the holiday software update promised for last Christmas! Will be happy to sign up as a beta tester though if your theory is correct and they roll out a FSD beta for UK drivers

Reactions: OttoR and Dilly