Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.44.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading about that tyre wear detection, it did cause me to pause and check there was no April 1st date on that article.

It's definitely an interesting one. Tesla will now hold data as to how road legal a car tyres might be. Is this also to cover themselves should FSD fail in certain situations, or am I being a cynic.

So the whole thing is US only? Driver's door unlock? Driver profiles?

US companies cater for their home market but that's getting to ludicrous levels..
My release notes showed minor fixes only but I just did a quick scan of the infotainment and I also got driver unlock mode:
DD0B6191-A561-495B-829E-4D3AA5BD2C13.jpeg

My release notes showed minor fixes only but I just did a quick scan of the infotainment and I also got driver unlock mode:

Are there any additional release notes for previous 2021.44.x versions irrespective of whether that version was actually installed?

Do we know if driver unlock mode has an easy override?

Would also be better if there was option to exclude home and/or favourites

Reactions: Olibol
Hasn't that always been there (it was on my 2016 MS) and the new feature is an override in the app?
Not in the Model 3 as far as I'm aware.

Are there any additional release notes for previous 2021.44.x versions irrespective of whether that version was actually installed?

Do we know if driver unlock mode has an easy override?

Would also be better if there was option to exclude home and/or favourites
If I use the app or key to unlock the car, only the driver door opens. However if I just walk up the car with my phone, all doors still open. This is with the setting on. Can't tell if it's a bug or intended functionality!

Also:

Attachments

• E5A4EF00-E5E1-40D1-A731-0D02070F7708.jpeg
    E5A4EF00-E5E1-40D1-A731-0D02070F7708.jpeg
    854 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
Just installing 2021.44.5 here too.

Interesting to read tyre wear monitoring is now a feature - see here.
Hmm... this would have to be a measure of motor rpm (easy) combined with wheel rpm. Does it have a hall sensor, something related to traction control to measure that or just depends on timing the TPMS revs? Then you need a real world accurate speed - GPS accuracy over a straight section? And finally a combination of tyre pressure and external temperature to calculate tyre distension. I’d guess there are too many little inaccuracies creeping in for this to be more than gimmick but too lazy to do the math.

Hmm... this would have to be a measure of motor rpm (easy) combined with wheel rpm. Does it have a hall sensor, something related to traction control to measure that or just depends on timing the TPMS revs? Then you need a real world accurate speed - GPS accuracy over a straight section? And finally a combination of tyre pressure and external temperature to calculate tyre distension. I’d guess there are too many little inaccuracies creeping in for this to be more than gimmick but too lazy to do the math.
I read it as it only being able to detect uneven wear, i.e., one wheel rotating faster than another.

I suspect it's reasonably accurate for liability reasons.. now the feature is there people will rely on it, and you know how litigious they are over the pond.

Was about to book my M3 in for a fix as driver seat had taken to fully reclining when swapping driver profiles (a bit disconcerting getting in car and finding yourself staring a the sky).

Newly released seat recalibration function under service section fixed it 😁😁😁

Still phantom braking in the presence of lorries though :(:(:(

Last edited:
Can't remember if it's a 40.6 or 44.x improvement but interesting that the infamous "cold weather improvements" now have a bit of detail behind them. More powerful front window defrosting, less energy to precondition the battery and more consistent cabin temperature regulation - a common complaint on here.

All nice improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.