Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed, Tesla say they are happy to move any inventory to your local outlet/centre
Yes, my local SC is Stockport* found a car to my spec in West Drayton, I transferred the money that day & it was delivered less than 48 hours later by trailer (lockdown 1). Properly PDI & cleaned too, virtually perfect condition & constant updates from Tesla during the three days - faultless service.

*was...Chester is almost ready to open, I hope they are as customer focused as Stockport.

Wow, things seem to be happening quickly for me!

Car ordered Thursday afternoon, expected delivery June. Just had a text asking me to fix up an appointment to collect it on either 15 or 17 May!

I went for 17 which is a Monday on the basis it might be less busy than on the Saturday 15th..

Happy days 😎😎

Car ordered Thursday afternoon, expected delivery June. Just had a text asking me to fix up an appointment to collect it on either 15 or 17 May!

I went for 17 which is a Monday on the basis it might be less busy than on the Saturday 15th..

Happy days 😎😎
As someone who also ordered Thurs I’m trying not to get too excited haha!

Out of interest what config did you order and have you already received the VIN?

Happy days 😎😎

That's great news! Probably a good call on the Monday collection.
Eagerly awaiting a more specific time frame for mine, hopefully hear something this week.

As someone who also ordered Thurs I’m trying not to get too excited haha!

Out of interest what config did you order and have you already received the VIN?
I’ve not had the VIN yet, my guess is the car isn’t allocated but they know there is one of my configuration available on the ship coming over.

config was very straightforward - Long Range in white, 19 inch wheels, black interior and no other add ons...almost as vanilla as you can get 🤣

So I will be picking mine up (12th May) from Bluewater shopping centre near Dartford Tunnel/Bridge.
This wasn't an option when i ordered, so I guess this is a brand new collection location ?
Anybody else been told to go to Bluewater?
Not brand new as they have a Tesla showroom in Bluewater and there have been a few members that have already picked up their M3 from there. Having mine delivered even though I am only 10 miles from Bluewater.

I keep getting weekly email updates on a Tuesday to say that the car is not in stock etc. I just called NHS Fleet, told them the car is available in Tesla's New Inventory exactly as my order (colour, wheel size etc). I said can you forward the email to the lease company. She said send an email to the ordering team who will eventually get around to the email. I bet by then the car will be gone. FML. She said she will send an additional email to the leasing company to obtain the RN reference. Bloody nightmare. She said my order with them was places 02/03/2021 but I have a feeling it was all done way before then.

Just had an email from NHS Fleet to say that despite a signed contract being sent to me on the 10th March (stating price valid until 30th March "except where there is an unavoidable manufacturer price rise") AND further confirmation of the order now being placed on 29th March that my order is being cancelled due to a manufacturer price rise.
I suspect they mean the loss of the UK Gov grant on 18th March as i cant see any evidence that tesla themselves have raised their prices.

Has anyone else had this? How did you respond???

They have sent me a new quote which is ~2800 more over the course of the lease.

Just had an email from NHS Fleet to say that despite a signed contract being sent to me on the 10th March (stating price valid until 30th March "except where there is an unavoidable manufacturer price rise") AND further confirmation of the order now being placed on 29th March that my order is being cancelled due to a manufacturer price rise.
I suspect they mean the loss of the UK Gov grant on 18th March as i cant see any evidence that tesla themselves have raised their prices.

Sounds like they are within their T&C to cancel the order.

Wow, I have not had that. They said my order was confirmed on 02/03 although i am sure that I had ordered the car in early Feb. I hope they dont do the same to me.

The gap between you signing (10th March), and them ordering (29th March) means you got caught in the removal of the grant on 18th March. But if their T&C allow them to cancel then there is little you can do?

If the £2800 is pre-tax then it could still be worth it

Hi All,

Not sure whether this is the correct session, so hope it’s ok.

When replacing my current car in March 2022, I’ve decided to go with a M3. Not sure whether this will be purchase or lease at the moment.

I’ve been told by a leasing company that Tesla only deliver in the last month of each financial quarter, so if I need a car early next year they would recommend getting an order in for around October 2021 to ensure delivery for early March.

Is that correct, or would you leave it until to nearer the date?
Thanks
Matt

Last edited:
Hi All,

When replace my current car in March 2022, I’ve decided to go with a M3. Not sure whether this will be purchase or lease at the moment.

I’ve been told by a leasing company that Tesla only deliver in the last month of each financial quarter, so if I need a car early next year they would recommend getting an order in for around October 2021 to ensure delivery for early March.

Thanks
Matt
I ordered early Jan for March delivery. Nothing is guaranteed (as we've seen with the M3P orders) as what goes on the boat isn't built to order. So if you absolutely must have it for March, err on the side of caution.

Reactions: Mperkins28
Hi All,

When replace my current car in March 2022, I’ve decided to go with a M3. Not sure whether this will be purchase or lease at the moment.

Thanks
Matt
I was told (by a Tesla rep) that Tesla don't like orders for more than 3 months in advance. If you need delivery for March, i'd have suggested ordering in December.

Reactions: Mperkins28