Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator comment - thread renamed from "M3 New Owners - 1-10 March 2021 Help Group!"

There is a lot of great info across the forum but it looks like owning a Tesla is a major research effort to get the best from it.

My story so far:
12 Jan - On a whim decided to book a virtual session, Tesla sales guy persuades me to skip the virtual session and went straight to test drive on the 15th
15 Jan -Test drive went well - after a few discussions at home and looking at how to get sell my lovely Porsche Boxster.....
19 Jan - Decided to order LR White/White/19"
25 Jan - Porsche sold
26 Jan - Text arrives - Panic sets in!
Jan-Feb - More panic
1-10 Mar - Collecting from Thorpe Park

I wondered if a thread for total Tesla noobs would be useful, so we are all ready for about 5 weeks time.

So far I think what I need to do:
  1. Initial Insurance quotes - why is my current Directline policy change mean it is twice the price of Churchill.
  2. Quotes for charger with aim to get installed before end of Feb - probably Zappi
  3. Look at energy provides and see if something like Octopus is the way to go
  4. Sort out my cherished number plate - where to get it and with green flash
  5. Decide if I am going to add FSD after delivery.
  6. Look at which apps/monitoring to use - already downloaded and installed Teslamate
  7. Start looking at apps Zap Map
  8. Do I need a screen protector
  9. Mud flaps.....why haven't they been installed before, does the new MIC come with them, do I get them free and install myself or buy something different!
  10. Do I need better mats
  11. Read the manual then read it again
  12. Watch 3,000 more YouTube videos
What else have I missed?
Is everyone else feeling a little more stress in moving from ICE to Electric than if they'd stayed ICE?

Would appreciate feedback from the other newbies and anything from old hands
I have finally taken the plunge and ordered an M3 LR AWD in white with all black interior and 18", so mostly just a basic M3.
Your to do list looks very much like mine. I already have PV panels so the Zappi is the one for me.
Just watched the video about mudflaps and they seem to work really well.
But will white or black flaps look better on white?
The order process has gone ok so far. Just before I said yes I would order, the rep told me they had reduced the price by another £1500, so then its a no brainer. I got the VIN within a few hours and am now waiting for the email with a delivery date.
Which charge provider are you thinking of going with? or more than one?
Moderator comment - Referral code deleted (see below post from @Adopado)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have finally taken the plunge and ordered an M3 LR AWD in white with all black interior and 18", so mostly just a basic M3.
Your to do list looks very much like mine. I already have PV panels so the Zappi is the one for me.
The order process has gone ok so far. Just before I said yes I would order, the rep told me they had reduced the price by another £1500, so then its a no brainer. I got the VIN within a few hours and am now waiting for the email with a delivery date.
Mr referral code is - deleted
No referral codes directly in posts allowed actually ... you can put it on your Profile page or send out via DM to those who want it ask for one. Same goes for electricity supplier referral codes ... such as Octopus ... which can be found in my profile! Octopus Go and Go Faster and Agile are used by a number of forum members.

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE BE AWARE! Further to my post in the M3P thread this morning, I would suggest that anyone who has ordered one needs to check with Tesla about the price they’ll be paying! I have since spoken to them again afternoon and despite definitely ordering my car at the pre-increase price on January 3rd with my HP finance through them approved on the 4th, I will now have to pay the revised price as it’s apparently in their terms and conditions!

Congrats on the order.

I have the Zappi and other than a few quirks it is working for me. Need to find a minute to ask some questions on it. I have the PV but tend to charge up at night on the Octopus Go (as mentioned we all have the referrals in our profiles), although with generation increasing recently with the few sunny days, I may switch to solar only. If I switch I will charge the house battery on the Go tariff as that is a 30% cheaper power so making a saving for a few hours. I set the Zappi to eco+ mode and the charging rate basically follows the excess generated so it works as well if not better than expected.

My mudflaps are irritating they ground as I go over the hump on the drive, need to think what I'm going to do.

Charge providers look to many and varied and I am still not driving that far but with the easing of lockdown that will hopefully change. I've setup an Octopus Juice account so you can use their app to pay and various different providers. There are others that do multiple providers out there as well. My thought process as noob in this world, is is that I will plan in advance and use my supercharger credit when needed. The other providers are where I can't supercharge and will then plan another provider, so do I have a card or account for them. I was surprised that the charging providers offer the cheapest rates if you subscribe to them, given I'm doing little regular driving I can't see that working for me.

Congrats on the order.

I have the Zappi and other than a few quirks it is working for me. Need to find a minute to ask some questions on it. I have the PV but tend to charge up at night on the Octopus Go (as mentioned we all have the referrals in our profiles), although with generation increasing recently with the few sunny days, I may switch to solar only. If I switch I will charge the house battery on the Go tariff as that is a 30% cheaper power so making a saving for a few hours. I set the Zappi to eco+ mode and the charging rate basically follows the excess generated so it works as well if not better than expected.

My mudflaps are irritating they ground as I go over the hump on the drive, need to think what I'm going to do.

Charge providers look to many and varied and I am still not driving that far but with the easing of lockdown that will hopefully change. I've setup an Octopus Juice account so you can use their app to pay and various different providers. There are others that do multiple providers out there as well. My thought process as noob in this world, is is that I will plan in advance and use my supercharger credit when needed. The other providers are where I can't supercharge and will then plan another provider, so do I have a card or account for them. I was surprised that the charging providers offer the cheapest rates if you subscribe to them, given I'm doing little regular driving I can't see that working for me.
In relation to the Zappi, I’d recommend asking questions on the MyEnergi forum. There are a number of us who are on both forums so there’s a fair bit of experience relating to both how the Zappi works and how it behaves with Teslas.

In relation to the Zappi, I’d recommend asking questions on the MyEnergi forum. There are a number of us who are on both forums so there’s a fair bit of experience relating to both how the Zappi works and how it behaves with Teslas.
I thought I'd start with RTFM before asking on the MyEnergi forums. Life is to busy at the moment so maybe being the dumb guy who didn't read the manual is the way to go!

I thought I'd start with RTFM before asking on the MyEnergi forums. Life is to busy at the moment so maybe being the dumb guy who didn't read the manual is the way to go!

it should behave itself now - either leave it on fast mode and let the Tesla schedule charge, or use eco+ and the zappi timers and the Tesla should wake up to charge. Either way always worth doing a dry run when you don’t *need* a guaranteed charge just to check

The other method is to call Darren, Tech Support at Myenergi on 0333 300 1303 (I think it's option 2, the other Tech is called Chis). He was incredibly helpful in setting up my Zappi & also on a couple of other occasions when I had a query.

it should behave itself now - either leave it on fast mode and let the Tesla schedule charge, or use eco+ and the zappi timers and the Tesla should wake up to charge. Either way always worth doing a dry run when you don’t *need* a guaranteed charge just to check
Charging I think I have sorted my question is why do I have to enter the pin twice after I plug into charge! Nooo must go and read manual now.... see what you made me do posted off topic and didn't RTFM!

Hey mate, I ordered the car through the NHS lease so works a bit different. Ordered it end of Feb so was hoping to get luck with end of March shipment but doesn't look like it.
I'd still have a look at inventory, if there is a car that matches your order then I'd give them (NHS lease provider) a prod with a link to the car (just make sure its not a demo car as Tesla list demo as "New".) The whole order/matching to stock thing is clunky at times and people have ordered inventory and got them quicker than people who did customer orders and sat waiting for months.

Reactions: jfrancis
I'd still have a look at inventory, if there is a car that matches your order then I'd give them (NHS lease provider) a prod with a link to the car (just make sure its not a demo car as Tesla list demo as "New".) The whole order/matching to stock thing is clunky at times and people have ordered inventory and got them quicker than people who did customer orders and sat waiting for months.
I will have a quick look, thank you buddy.

I found a car that matches my description. Just not sure how the lease company take it, the car is in London, so not sure if they would for it. The main problem is that NHS deals with fleet solutions who use another lease company so it is so difficult to get hold of them. I will send them an email with the link and see if there is a response. Thank you again buddy.