Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know the technicalities, but as @Nick77 was previously looking at inventory with several 000 miles on the clock, and the DVLA system shot is specifically saying that it needs to be taxed before driving it, I would say that if its got that mileage on it, its been on the road which means that it will needed to have been previously registered I believe.

My own car (non Tesla) was 4 miles, still in factory protective wraps and awaiting PDI when I agreed to purchase, but I still ended up as 2nd keeper as it had been registered a few days before. I needed to tax it before driving it off the forecourt and I lost a month on the tax (£0 VED so I re-taxed a few months later to break the link with MOT) and ultimately a few days on the MOT, but at 2/3rds list price I was not complaining.

It won't cost anything to re-tax prior to driving and takes 5 minutes. Removes any doubt.

Reactions: Nick77
I've got the app and created an account already - perhaps that's why I have radio silence! :p

Just an automated email from nhsfleet saying they're waiting for an anticipated delivery date from the supplying dealer. When I ask who the supplier is, they don't reply. Expectation is Christmas now!
Try not to worry, we're on similar timelines I would think and I've been told August/September and that all cars on the ground here are allocated

Hi everyone, I ordered my M3LR company vehicle through LEX on 28th May, on 1st June I got an update from LEX stating that a vehicle had been located, a purchase order had been raised and that the vehicle was from ETA stock, 2nd June I got an email from TESLA confirming my order and asking me to download the TESLA app and add a credit/debit card for the Supercharger network, I also received a RN number. Currently LEX is showing an expected delivery date of 1st July does this sound about right?

Hi everyone, I ordered my M3LR company vehicle through LEX on 28th May, on 1st June I got an update from LEX stating that a vehicle had been located, a purchase order had been raised and that the vehicle was from ETA stock, 2nd June I got an email from TESLA confirming my order and asking me to download the TESLA app and add a credit/debit card for the Supercharger network, I also received a RN number. Currently LEX is showing an expected delivery date of 1st July does this sound about right?
Sounds on the good side of right, so well done! Essentially it comes down to getting one from current stock or waiting for future shipments

I don't know the technicalities, but as @Nick77 was previously looking at inventory with several 000 miles on the clock, and the DVLA system shot is specifically saying that it needs to be taxed before driving it, I would say that if its got that mileage on it, its been on the road which means that it will needed to have been previously registered I believe.

My own car (non Tesla) was 4 miles, still in factory protective wraps and awaiting PDI when I agreed to purchase, but I still ended up as 2nd keeper as it had been registered a few days before. I needed to tax it before driving it off the forecourt and I lost a month on the tax (£0 VED so I re-taxed a few months later to break the link with MOT) and ultimately a few days on the MOT, but at 2/3rds list price I was not complaining.

It won't cost anything to re-tax prior to driving and takes 5 minutes. Removes any doubt.
Just checked online about doing this (taxing it before driving away). Since they've already taxed it I hope they have the green new keeper slip to give me as that's the only way I can tax it online without waiting for a new log book to show up.

Hey everyone, started my first foray in to the world of EV by placing an order for a "poverty spec" Model 3 😁. Kinda surreal to be spending so much money via a website in the same manner as you would order something from Amazon. Unfortunately my nearest pickup location (Edinburgh) wasn't available for selection and I've had to pick Glasgow. I did call them and they said to phone them when I'm issued a VIN and they may be able to change it to Edinburgh.

Just a heads up for @Mr Miserable, I used your referral link (if that promo is still active).

Looking forward to August when my car arrives. Now to get an EV charger arranged for home....

Hey everyone, started my first foray in to the world of EV by placing an order for a "poverty spec" Model 3 😁. Kinda surreal to be spending so much money via a website in the same manner as you would order something from Amazon. Unfortunately my nearest pickup location (Edinburgh) wasn't available for selection and I've had to pick Glasgow. I did call them and they said to phone them when I'm issued a VIN and they may be able to change it to Edinburgh.

Just a heads up for @Mr Miserable, I used your referral link (if that promo is still active).

Looking forward to August when my car arrives. Now to get an EV charger arranged for home....
What a nice chap!
Thank you for using my referral.
Keep me updated on your anticipated delivery date and hopefully I should be able to identify which ship it's on.
August seems ages away....
However I took delivery in late Aug 2019 and I thought that date would never arrive!

Reactions: sparkymark75
While I'm here
What a nice chap!
Thank you for using my referral.
Keep me updated on your anticipated delivery date and hopefully I should be able to identify which ship it's on.
August seems ages away....
However I took delivery in late Aug 2019 and I thought that date would never arrive!
No worries mate. I've no doubt August will feel like a lifetime away but compared with typical ICE lead times, it's next to no time! I got a Golf R in 2016 and it was 8 months late!

Reactions: Matt1108
No worries mate. I've no doubt August will feel like a lifetime away but compared with typical ICE lead times, it's next to no time! I got a Golf R in 2016 and it was 8 months late!
Haha - that fills me with anxiety, I think I'd explode if I'd have to wait that long. Congrats on the order, I'm sure we'll both be watching and waiting for the ships to arrive with eagle eyes!

I've also taken the plunge after reading up for months, this forum has been very helpful, thank you all! Ordered my M3LR through G2L who use Lex. All seems straightforward so far and signed all the paperwork. Also got a text from Tesla today with the RN number and telling me to download the app etc all within 7 days.

Now the excruciatingly long wait for September, that's when my current car agreement runs out so lining it all up for then. It does sound hit and miss with dates for delivery based on what i'm reading so sounds like it will be fun times ahead!

Reactions: Matt1108
Picked up from NEC today. It was painless. I was even an hour late! Was told to take all the time in the world to check and sort out insurance. Bit disappointed it only had 70miles of charge. Still a lovely car to drive.
Will be slow charging for a few weeks while I sort out octopus go and a charging point.

Reactions: Nick77
Picked up from NEC today. It was painless. I was even an hour late! Was told to take all the time in the world to check and sort out insurance. Bit disappointed it only had 70miles of charge. Still a lovely car to drive.
Will be slow charging for a few weeks while I sort out octopus go and a charging point.
Nice one. I'm doing the same on Saturday.

I intend to drive up the M6 to the Supercharger just outside Wolverhampton and charge it there before driving back home to Burton. With a bit of luck the 1000 referral miles will have activated by then, but if not no biggie.

September appears odd to me, as the tesla website suggests that for custom orders that delivery is August.

I'd ordered a SR+ direct via tesla a few weeks ago, and they were still just quoting August with no actual date itself quoted. And equally my order page itself, gives no subsequent indication of when to expect it. And so my own period of waiting starts...

Are you going via a 3rd party, and I wonder if they may be adding on their own period of contingency /overhead.

I completely forgot to mention. Tesla state that the listed price you see is the price you pay. Yet on mine they charged me an extra "£55 first registration fee." This is despite them having already registered and taxed it previously, as it is an ex demo with 302 miles on it.

Price went from the listed £49,045 to £49,100 in total.

Did everyone else have this in their itemised invoice?