Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having issues with sentry staying on at home even though it's set to exclude home? Has worked fine for the last few years until a few weeks ago when updated to 2022.44.2.
Updated to 2022.44.25.3 last night and still the same
The other thing that’s caught me out is playing with the ‘live sentry’ view whilst parked at home.
This then sets Sentry Mode to enabled, even if it’s sat on your driveway.

Radio text is very useful with the latest update… Why doesn’t Tesla use more of the screen real estate?
68D20ED7-DF13-42DF-B2D9-C880074D0669.jpeg

Reactions: candida
A minor gripe perhaps but I don't know how anyone who doesn't have decent vision can read the playlist text, perhaps even the station name. Genuinely surprised that we're several years in and there's still no accommodation for people who want/need larger fonts.

My eyesight is ok so I don't struggle with reading the screen, but I know not everyone can.

A minor gripe perhaps but I don't know how anyone who doesn't have decent vision can read the playlist text, perhaps even the station name. Genuinely surprised that we're several years in and there's still no accommodation for people who want/need larger fonts.

My eyesight is ok so I don't struggle with reading the screen, but I know not everyone can.
This problem much magnified (couldn’t resist) with the (fairly) new consumption screen. Credit where it’s due, though I am
V pleased to have audio controls now to hand and some well placed nav alerts too. All we need is to be able to keep the mini player at half the visualisation screen and I’d be vv happy
Wipers are much more slow witted for me since the update though

Reactions: Durzel

Especially as the Tesla demographic is erm, getting on a bit 😁

Had a couple of 250 mile drives and overall the experience has been very pleasant including wipers and AHB.

Really like the media bar placement and if there was one more thing I'd like is that if the dragged up view which shows now/upcoming could be made sticky and not revert to the low height bar it would be great.

They adopted a different system for driving - you can't drive of you can't see clearly
Thing is that your distance vision can be great but shorter ranges not so good and drive perfectly safely.

I’ve always been short sighted and worn glasses for distance since I was a kid. Now that my close to intermediate distance is starting to marginally decline, I might be at a point where ability to increase font size would be helpful in several years. Hopefully not. Seems sensible to me to have this option on modern car screens.

Edit: oh and I’m still a youngster being under 50 😁

Thing is that your distance vision can be great but shorter ranges not so good and drive perfectly safely.

I’ve always been short sighted and worn glasses for distance since I was a kid. Now that my close to intermediate distance is starting to marginally decline, I might be at a point where ability to increase font size would be helpful in several years. Hopefully not. Seems sensible to me to have this option on modern car screens.

Edit: oh and I’m still a youngster being under 50 😁
Purpose built driving prescription spectacles may help too. Much like varifocals, but they arrange the varifocal bits of the lens to suit a driving layout rather than a traditional reading layout. I had no idea such technology existed until I spoke to my (wonderful) optician.

Reactions: goRt

This^

Ability to see text on screen, especially in an environment where information needs to be portrayed succinctly and pertinently, often does not have anything to do with ones quality of eyesight, but size and contrast of font. Glasses aren't a magnifying glass to make small text bigger, nor fix poor UI design, such as grey on grey. The primary purpose of the screen is not to look pretty, but to quickly convey important information. But if it can achieve that and look pretty, all well and good - I use to work in a graphic design department (full of designers who were there because they were excellent [and often award winning]) and a good graphic designer can achieve that. In that industry, our work was often used 'side by side' with work from other countries and I can say that the graphic design styles that was prevalent from some other was frankly awful which may explain some of Tesla's design style.

Reactions: Mik3LR
Well this is the first update in more than 3 years that has changed the UI in a way I didn't want. I'd much rather the music player were below the map as it used to be. Maybe the only way to keep everybody happy is to make some customisation available.
ABSOLUTELY agree with this. You hate what I like. That’s just life. Let us choose. How complex can it be?