Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.38

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m back to the UK in 3 weeks ish. I’ll share dashcam footage of this on almost every drive 👍🏻
@gotr just out of interest are you disagreeing 👎

a) that @M1tch will be back in the country in 3 weeks?
b) that @M1tch will share his footage
c) with the content of the footage that you have not seen?

I have to say I am sceptical as well but I try not to pass judgement before seeing the evidence when it is offered.

I thought the same. Strange thing to disagree with, but hey, the button is there :)
I have no problem with the concept of disagreement in principal but normally if someone disagrees with something their reason for disagreeing is stated and if not you get to say "OK so why do you disagree?". I dislike the disagree button because its just like shouting "you're wrong" at someone then running away. I find it annoying as you can tell.

So for instance you have disagreed with my post so now I don't know if you are disagreeing:
a) for comedy value / irony
b) because you think its unfair of me to question gotrs motives
c) with my set of possible reasons for him disagreeing
d) with my disagreeing with the concept of disagreeing with something before it has happened
e) with what I would do in similar circumstances
f) with something else.

And for the record I definitely disagree with the premise that "the button is there so it must be OK to press it" The planet would not have survived beyond the 1950s if that was true!

I had the notes, in the app, yesterday evening before to start the installation. The still sleeping, so I don't know what's the situation in the car.
Just been to the car and noticed a button to turn on one pull autostear bottom left. Pushed it then read the instructions to enable it. Still nothing in the notes

Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.

MY with USS and EAP

That said, an electronic sign next to... part of the number plate of speeders being displayed with a warning would be quite a good deterrent for some imho.
That's info was on the highway in France, but was many years ago (2014/2015). Was a sector with average speed (80kmh, I don't remember if was generalor only lorries. At that time driving a lorry)... on the gantry I see my number plate (from Spain) and my face 😳

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
@gotr just out of interest are you disagreeing 👎

a) that @M1tch will be back in the country in 3 weeks?
b) that @M1tch will share his footage
c) with the content of the footage that you have not seen?

I have to say I am sceptical as well but I try not to pass judgement before seeing the evidence when it is offered.

I'd like to understand why his observations don't match mine (and others)

Bit of a flaw with this is that if you accidentally disengage Autopilot during a lane change on EAP, you don’t continue on TACC but actually end up slowing down quite abruptly as regen braking kicks in.
Sounds to me like Tesla is assuming everyone wants to use AP rather than TACC. I fundamentally cannot cope with the car steering itself - don't like the feeling of being out of control. I do tend to use TACC though (cruise control in old money), but have reduced this also due to excessive phantom braking in the recent versions. Classic case of Tesla giving drivers what they think they want and not responding to feedback from the fleet

Classic case of Tesla giving drivers what they think they want and not responding to feedback from the fleet
Classic case of Tesla giving drivers what Tesla want and no interest in feedback from the fleet
Classic case of Tesla giving drivers the choice to make their own decisions about how to activate AP, surely. Otherwise they’d have just changed everyone to single pull activation.

Like a lot of the other software changes, I suspect the single pull AP decision was data driven rather than just a random idea someone came up with. Perhaps a very small percentage of people engage plain TACC. As others have said, at least they made it an option...

It seems there may be a slight flaw in the implementation that prevents TACC staying on like it used to if AP/EAP is forcibly cancelled with the wheel rather than the stalk (or soon button, I guess). Maybe they'll revert/fix that part at some point.

Classic case of Tesla giving drivers the choice to make their own decisions about how to activate AP, surely. Otherwise they’d have just changed everyone to single pull activation.
Yeah not sure what the fuss is about to be honest. If they were forcing everyone to have one pull AP then fair enough, but it sounds like it's a choice that you can completely ignore if you want?