Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK specific] Software Update 2023.26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have current speed set, but I’ve noticed that AP now slows and speeds up with speed limit changes.
I’ve also noticed that AP can handle lane changes with the latest update. I have NoA, but it can get annoying suggesting lane changes all the time. If i just use AP it offers me the lane change and doesn’t disengage. Anyone else noticed that?

• Informative
Reactions: Parrog
I press the 'speed limit' value (say 50 in the red circle) then the car slows/changes to the pre-agreed limit above that which is outlined in the offset section.

Bit of an arse that it doesn't do it automatically but at least it's just down to one quick & easy press of the screen at the mo 👍
Yes, it is an arse, especially on anything but smooth roads!

Last edited:
I press the 'speed limit' value (say 50 in the red circle) then the car slows/changes to the pre-agreed limit above that which is outlined in the offset section.
Bit of an arse that it doesn't do it automatically but at least it's just down to one quick & easy press of the screen at the mo 👍

Yes, it is an arse, especially on anything but smooth roads!
You can also press down and hold the cruise stalk and it does the same.

1693474839431.png

Re: the discussion about AP and speed limits. Has Tesla ever said why AP doesn't automatically adjust speed when it sees changing speed signs or at least provide an option to have it behave that way? Coming from a car that did do that, I thought my Tesla was broken when it carried on sailing along way above speed limits :oops:
I believe the owners group claimed it was because Mobileye held the patent and one of either Tesla wouldn't pay to licence it, Tesla hadn't invented an approach that didn;t breach the patent, or Mobileye wouldn't sell it to them after they fell out in 2016. Any of which could be true or the owners group are just making up excuses, a bit like AP performance in the UK is purely down to our regulations.

• Informative
It does seem odd since it clearly recognises speed limit changes (although it's wrong often enough I'm somewhat glad it doesn't automatically change).

I can only assume it's deliberate. It may be a patent thing, it may be (as I've been told) that americans don't follow speed limits.. maybe there's some other wierd reason like 'elon said no'.

• Funny
Has Tesla ever said why AP doesn't automatically adjust speed when it sees changing speed signs or at least provide an option to have it behave that way?

Are you referring to motorways (well ... kinda any dual carriageway type road), vs. rural villages?

I haven't tested any of this against latest software, so it may have changed, but my experience is:

Motorways show the reduced speed limit (which you can click to slow down), but doesn't slow down. No idea why this is, perhaps because speed is higher and the risk of an incorrect speed sign read could be dangerous. There's a monster yellow sign on the A1 a bit north of Peterborough that has a perfect 50 roundel and then "In 1/2 a mile" written underneath it ...

Rural ones slow down (and speed up when you come out the far end, but not to a speed more than you have previously selected ... so if you start your journey in a 40, enter a 30 it will slow down, back to a 40 it will speed up, come out of the 40 and it will stay at 40. Whereas if you started your journey on a national speed limit 60 road then coming out of the final 40 it would speed up to 60.

Yes, motorways/dual carriageways.

Well, all I can say is that its never done that. Even back in the day when Tesla used Mobileye (which did register gantry temporary speed signs) I'm pretty sure I can't remember it ever slowing down on 70MPH roads (i.e. needed manual "confirmation"). Dunno why, but suddenly slowing from 70 to a false-30 could be a big issue ... but if other brands do it, then can't fathom why Tesla wouldn't ... Tesla aren't shy on "Works except when you least expect it not to" ...

• Funny
Did a 60 mile round trip today 26.9

two things stand out; nags on AP come thick and fast and more annoyingly, suggested lane change now includes the blind spot image. I Keep thinking the indicator is on. Is that new or perhaps I don’t get out often enough!

Did a 60 mile round trip today 26.9

two things stand out; nags on AP come thick and fast and more annoyingly, suggested lane change now includes the blind spot image. I Keep thinking the indicator is on. Is that new or perhaps I don’t get out often enough!
The blind spot camera on proposed lane change has been present for quite a while. Certainly recall it before I went to Spain back in April.

Reactions: JupiterMan
Just updated to 2023.26.9 yesterday.
Since then the car is not going to sleep anymore, or at least woken up every hour or so?

Anybody experiencing a similar issue? Or idea of what could be causing the issue?

1694248898525.png

Before that I never had a problem with that before and haven’t changed any setting.