Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK specific] Software Update 2023.26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mines change to 80% for daily on the charging chart thing. I'm surprised it's not been reported more widely as in essence they're reducing the daily range by 10% and the subtext is using more than that can/will damage your battery in time.

I have been suffering from poor DAB reception for the last couple of months, not sure if it .6 or .7 but the issue seems to have vanished. Also noticed that Spotify sound has improved too + the disappearing map tile issue seems to have been resolved for me too. Just need to work out what they have broken in this update :)

Mines change to 80% for daily on the charging chart thing. I'm surprised it's not been reported more widely as in essence they're reducing the daily range by 10% and the subtext is using more than that can/will damage your battery in time.
I interpret it slightly differently. Just as previously it was advised to not leave the battery sitting for extended periods at greater than 90%, the recommended is now 80%. This is consistent with what many posters had been recommending previously but I mostly set the car at 90% since that was the Tesla recommendation. I really don't see the 90% to 80% guideline change as meaning if you need more than 80% and plan to use the car that going above it will damage the battery. I can add 10% in an hour and rarely (never) have an instance where I need more than 80% on an unplanned journey. I understand this won't be the case for everyone.

I interpret it slightly differently. Just as previously it was advised to not leave the battery sitting for extended periods at greater than 90%, the recommended is now 80%.
I'm finding it REALLY hard to resist charging up to 90% when PV is regularly exporting to the grid after house demand is satisfied, batteries are full, the Fiat is at its recommended 100% but the Tesla is now stopping at only 80%.

(baking cakes, tarts & pies every day is making us fat)

Reactions: AndyWarrington
Mines set to 75% and has been plugged in a few days and slowly overcharged up to 79% with a little blue extra bit on top. It’s not exactly cold, so curious what its doing

IMG_1503.jpeg

I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but I'm just checking I'm not mad - the bings, bongs and indicators have got quieter in .8.

I have two regular passengers, and both have commented on this unprompted.

This is on a 2020 M3P...

I prefer it mind, other than the indicators ;)

I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but I'm just checking I'm not mad - the bings, bongs and indicators have got quieter in .8.

I have two regular passengers, and both have commented on this unprompted.

This is on a 2020 M3P...

I prefer it mind, other than the indicators ;)
Yup, Joe mode is actually working correctly for the first time in mine since I got it in March ‘21.

The other day mine was set to 80% but in the morning had a notification saying charging complete at 84%, not happened before, alway stopped at the set amount.

That's not unusual in my experience. I put it down to temperature changes overnight which affects how the BMS reports available capacity. There are some other circumstances where I have observed a "recalibrating" of percentage from time to time. I will sometimes arrive home with the car reporting say 48% and 10 minutes later before the car has gone to sleep it's reporting 50% (or even the other way around i.e. dropping a percentage point instead of gaining).

Reactions: Parrog and MrBadger
Maybe the code is: "If (charge level == 80) then stop;"
And the charge level went 78.3, 78.7, 79.4, 80.1... and never actually equalled 80 :)

Being serious, I suspect its temperature changes and calibration going on and wouldn;t worry. You do wonder what goes on back at Tesla with some of these things that prety much worked all the time before and then start doing odd things. They must have changed something somewhere and it could just be an unintended consequence, e.g. the BMS recalibrates more often than before which if charging can cause something odd to occur.

It also makes you wonder if the change frm 90 to 80% daily is mixed in with it and they're seeing something in the data which they're trying to head off, or improve the cars further. If 99% of people charge daily to 90% then use the car to say no lower than 50% then charge back to 90%, they may see a healthier charging cycle to be to 80% and use down to 40% which would make no difference to most owners the majority of the time.

Re: the discussion about AP and speed limits. Has Tesla ever said why AP doesn't automatically adjust speed when it sees changing speed signs or at least provide an option to have it behave that way? Coming from a car that did do that, I thought my Tesla was broken when it carried on sailing along way above speed limits :oops:

Re: the discussion about AP and speed limits. Has Tesla ever said why AP doesn't automatically adjust speed when it sees changing speed signs or at least provide an option to have it behave that way? Coming from a car that did do that, I thought my Tesla was broken when it carried on sailing along way above speed limits :oops:
Before you use Autopilot features, customize how they work by touching Controls > Autopilot.

• Set Speed: Choose whether Autopilot engages at the currently detected speed limit or your current driving speed. Touch Controls > Autopilot > Set Speed and choose either Speed Limit or Current Speed.
  • Offset: If you choose Speed Limit, you can specify an offset by touching Set Speed Offset. You can choose Fixed (the cruising speed adjusts by a specific amount on all roads) or Percentage (the cruising speed is adjusted as a percentage of the road's detected speed limit).

Yes, I have selected "Speed Limit" but I believe that may be what it engages at rather than what it keeps to ? However, I see I missed a few posts on the previous page about this, seems there are some dependencies on how it will behave.

Yes, I have selected "Speed Limit" but I believe that may be what it engages at rather than what it keeps to ? However, I see I missed a few posts on the previous page about this, seems there are some dependencies on how it will behave.
I press the 'speed limit' value (say 50 in the red circle) then the car slows/changes to the pre-agreed limit above that which is outlined in the offset section.

Bit of an arse that it doesn't do it automatically but at least it's just down to one quick & easy press of the screen at the mo 👍

Reactions: Parrog