Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0179.jpeg

Fleet downloads flat lined. Holiday update imminent.

Well, many OEM pay it.. why wouldn’t Tesla just turn it into a recurring revenue stream? Tack $20-$25 a year into customer payment streams, pay the royalty - if there is one much to amount to. Tesla wants to build some type of APP store into their cars, this could be just that. Market would love it.
Because, since posting this, I learned the date of the patent has expired. I failed to consider the date so I was wrong about the patent being an issue. Sorry 'bout that.

Reactions: JB47394
I saw Tesla announced the recall software will be version 2023.44.30 and that it should be rolling out starting today. I’m assuming this will have the holiday update features since the holiday update is 2023.44.25. Is that fair to assume?
Likely we will get 23.44.25.x and then get 23.44.30.x sometime in early to mid January (they are just starting to test it today and that means weeks before it is rolled out to everyone). Tesla has lots of time and doesn't even have to notify anyone until mid February. So as usual Tesla will have installed all the updates well before it is even required to notify anyone in February.

Remember in a normal recall this would mean that "repairs" on 2 million cars would likely not be expected to be completed until probably after August or maybe even the end of next year.

Remember in a normal recall this would mean that "repairs" on 2 million cars would likely not be expected to be completed until probably after August or maybe even the end of next year.
There is no expected timeline to complete repairs. NHTSA is fine as long as progress is being made.

For example, look at the progress of a real normal recall repair, the MCU1 eMMC replacement:

1702501863555.png

As of May, Tesla has only remediated ~66% of the recalled vehicles. And that is after more than two years. At the current pace it will take about another year and a half to get through all of the recall vehicles.

Meanwhile, back at the 'holiday update' thread the week is almost complete and we have a flat line (ugh, other than recall overflow conversations). Surely deserving TSLA boys and girls are worthy of a holiday update in 2023.

Teslafi shows no change since one 2023.44.25.1 download on Dec 8.

Reactions: jebinc
There is no expected timeline to complete repairs. NHTSA is fine as long as progress is being made.

For example, look at the progress of a real normal recall repair, the MCU1 eMMC replacement:

View attachment 999076

As of May, Tesla has only remediated ~66% of the recalled vehicles. And that is after more than two years. At the current pace it will take about another year and a half to get through all of the recall vehicles.

I wonder if cars that were originally notified and in the population, but in the interim were either totaled or upgraded to MCU2 (some because the owners gave up on waiting for this) are included in the "remedied" count? If not, that would account for some of the gap, as the population count never decreases to remove those cars.

I'm actually surprised that many were fixed, as up through June 2023 when I lost my vehicle, I'd never gotten any notification that it was my turn for eMMC replacement, and I thought they were slow rolling the fix and I was typical of most.

I wonder if cars that were originally notified and in the population, but in the interim were either totaled or upgraded to MCU2 (some because the owners gave up on waiting for this) are included in the "remedied" count?
I don't think totaled vehicles can be counted as remediated, as if someone rebuilds them they still have to perform the recall.

It is obvious they aren't counting MCU2 upgrades as "removed", so they either aren't counting them at all, or they count them as remediated.

Meanwhile, back at the 'holiday update' thread the week is almost complete and we have a flat line (ugh, other than recall overflow conversations). Surely deserving TSLA boys and girls are worthy of a holiday update in 2023.

Teslafi shows no change since one 2023.44.25.1 download on Dec 8.
The update always comes right before the 25th. Last year I got it on the 23 and year before on the 22.