Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice. Where did you this? Link? I think I still might hold off then. From what I understand, even if I get my car next week, it’ll take about a month to get the plates and then another couple of months to get the stickers. I probably won’t start my commute till September or October so it would only be 3 or 4 months without. Of course I could run the risk of it taking forever next year even if I submit on Jan 1.
Here: Current Clean Air Vehicle Decal | California Air Resources Board

4 Demo cars in the Bay Area! Use 94538.

1623124960094.png

After going through some of the posts I realized what I did wrong, I would like to share the same so that people don’t repeat the mistakes I made. After you make a decision just complete the finance questions if you fail to do so the system will not prioritize your profile. I placed my order for MYLR7 white on white, no tow hitch, no fsd on 04/11 I was in a fix to make the payment in cash or go through financing, my SA advised me to wait till Tesla reaches me out. I waited for this communication to happen and on 05/14 I received this text message

Congratulations on your order!

Head to Tesla.com, and click 'Tesla Account', to login and finalize your profile submission. If account is not complete, it is possible you will not receive a vehicle in June and will be waiting until September for delivery based on current demand. Please reply "SEPTEMBER" if you wish to wait until then for delivery. Your delivery is on hold until you hit the "I'M READY" button online and complete your remaining steps.

Thank you!

-Tesla”

I followed the steps instantaneously and guess what my edd disappears the same instance. And, even when it appears it shows in the last part of July.
My mistake was that I should have filled in all the finance details right when I completed my profile without taking my SA’s advise.

Reactions: fender4645
4 Model Y Performance (2 Blue, 2 Red) just popped up in Orange county.
Seems like the performance models were the hot delivery today. …hopefully long ranges are up next 😊

Well after my constant looking I received my VIN tonight on my MYP MSM on White no FSD! Very excited. Vin is 209XXX and and estimated delivery of 06/08-06-12. Ordered on 05/05 and picking up in Carlsbad. Very excited. Now the unexciting part of awaiting for them to ask for payment.
Congrats! Glad to finally see some VINs out of Carlsbad. I ordered 5/7 hopefully I'll see something soon too!

Nice. Where did you this? Link? I think I still might hold off then. From what I understand, even if I get my car next week, it’ll take about a month to get the plates and then another couple of months to get the stickers. I probably won’t start my commute till September or October so it would only be 3 or 4 months without. Of course I could run the risk of it taking forever next year even if I submit on Jan 1.

I finally ordered our stickers for the X and it took 3 months to get them.

Well after my constant looking I received my VIN tonight on my MYP MSM on White no FSD! Very excited. Vin is 209XXX and and estimated delivery of 06/08-06-12. Ordered on 05/05 and picking up in Carlsbad. Very excited. Now the unexciting part of awaiting for them to ask for payment.
Sorry but this is actually insane. At what point any of this delivery BS makes sense is beyond me.

Happy for anyone getting a car but I feel completely put out. I have a friend that owns 9 car dealerships. I could have got so many other cars for a great price with no problems and yet here I sit 2 months almost into this roller coaster. What a joke. I want the car but I’m about to walk…

I know many of you are hoping I will so you can take mine lol…

Tesla…again, this experience sucks….

Sorry but this is actually insane. At what point any of this delivery BS makes sense is beyond me.

Happy for anyone getting a car but I feel completely put out. I have a friend that owns 9 car dealerships. I could have got so many other cars for a great price with no problems and yet here I sit 2 months almost into this roller coaster. What a joke. I want the car but I’m about to walk…

I get that feeling. You know strangely today at like 4PM I did email my SA and never received a return email but just a crazy coincidence that I emailed him today for the first time and then 4 hours later I got a VIN.

Reactions: Emmadiane

I feel like you!! So mad I have been waiting since April 9. What a joke.....

What insurance company are you with going to inquire different company’s tomorrow morning
Farmers. Been with them for a few years. Still, I scout rates each year just to see what’s out there. Progressive and Geico offered slightly lower auto rates but were way more expensive on the home policy side. Farmers continues to have the better overall rates for what I need (home/auto/umbrella).

Reactions: Greg007