Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like they did a white interior batch, so they must be going back to black interior in the next few days! Passing on the good VIN vibes to @akathuria @ad_astra_bay @mcp105 and everyone else still waiting 😀

Anyone expecting delivery or took delivery from Marina Del Rey recently? I got a text in July saying it was going to be home delivery (the "Tesla Drop program") but I just selected my delivery appointment and that sounded like I'm going there to pick it up. I texted my SA but no reply yet.

Edit: Just got a response from my SA, they said it was pick-up. So I guess MDR is no longer home delivery only.
I'm picking up today, I have a trade-in and they mentioned in text some instructions to drive to the underground parking lot of the delivery center first.

Guys, whoever took delivery did you guys receive DMV paperwork in the car or no?

Got mines but didn't have any paperwork besides a welcome and congratulations, in my previous Model 3 my husband got in March 2021 he had DMV paperwork in it.
No, nothing was in the car other than the "window sticker", Tesla Safety & Emergency roadside manuals, and the car keys. Everything else was e-signed in advance and no paperwork was necessary at delivery. This was with Tesla Financing.

Edit: Also the front plate was in the car and the front plate bracket was in the hatch area.

Last edited:
No, nothing was in the car other than the "window sticker", Tesla Safety & Emergency roadside manuals, and the car keys. Everything else was e-signed in advance and no paperwork was necessary at delivery. This was with Tesla Financing.

Edit: Also the front plate was in the car and the front plate bracket was in the hatch area.
Omg thank you Jeff, because I member this year when my husband got his model 3 in March they had DMV paperwork in the car and we had to mail it back or return so I was worried. But I’m glad you confirmed my doubt.

Got my VIN: 274xxx
MYLR 5 seat| Blue/Black| 19"| No FSD/Tow
OD: 6/23 EDD 9/25 - 9/30
SoCal - CM
Just got my Vin#276xxx too. I'm also located in Irvine and DC is Costa Mesa.
Already scheduled for home delivery 9/26 12-4PM.
Can you give an update if you have home delivery or pickup at DC?
I prefer to pick it up but don't know who to talk to.

I ended up canceling my order and getting a silver performance 2021 Model Y delivered to me in West Hollywood.

It came with version 2021.3.106 of the software, which is apparently out of date and made me wonder why a lot of features I was looking for were missing. Is there any way to force an update? I’ve had it on the Advanced setting, but I’ve also seen it needs to be on wifi to update. I park in a parking garage that’s too far for my wifi to reach from my apartment, so I’m wondering what to do?

What was your OD, config and delivery center? I’m still foolishly holding on to hope that maybe an EoQ rush is still possible.

What was your OD, config and delivery center? I’m still foolishly holding on to hope that maybe an EoQ rush is still possible.
MYLR, Grey, black interior with a tow hitch...ordered July 7th...I hope its not a tease

Reactions: e645824 and TatisJr
The original indication I got was pickup at DC in Costa Mesa. I have talked with sales people in Lake Forest and they indicated that they were delivering (but that was in July). Don't know yet what the process will be.

Reactions: DZMY
You can call the Costa Mesa DC. I'm the same as you - set to pick up in Costa Mesa, but had a home delivery to Irvine.

From what I heard, they're not even really delivering in Costa Mesa. Everything is going out of Irvine, likely near the service center on Barranca. I think cars are parked in a parking structure nearby.

I think they're planning on moving everything over to Irvine eventually. Irvine will be for service, deliveries, and sales in the future. This is what someone at the Irvine service center told me when I picked up my partner's M3LR from service.

YA'LLLLLLLLLLLLLL...

JUST when I thought I was convinced VINS weren't assigned mid-day...

my stars FINALLY ALIGNED!!!!!!! Sooooo effin excited!!!

I did what must've been my 50'th refresh today.. convinced I was going to see the same "Tesla Model Y" on my dashboard.. but lo and behold... it had 2021 with this refresh!!! No email notification. Now if only they can let me pick up or take delivery before I leave for Disneyland on Sunday! Thanks to everyone who sent the good VIN vibes my way!

VIN: 277xxx

EDD changed from 9/26-9/30 to 9/24-9/29

*sigh of relief*

OMG I received my VIN (273xxx) sometime this afternoon! Of course, super busy at work and no time to even look today! Delivery estimated 9/22-9/27 - just waiting to hear from someone. Or am I supposed to call the SC? Hallelujah!
It's about friggin' time!!! Congrats, man!!! I know that surreal feeling you must've felt when you first saw the year show up next to the car on your tesla account dashboard after waiting for what felt like eternity!