Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they assign the VIN literally a couple of days before delivery. Based on my experience so far, your EDD may change a few times before the VIN is assigned.

Oh wait you have the MYP. Those seem to get delivered a lot faster.
Not really. I’m week 8 into an original 4-5 week estimate. And I ordered from a high volume store. And I live in CA. Was promised EOQ delivery. Nope.

So called the delivery center to ask about reduction of California Clean Fuel Reward and if they thought I have a chance of getting it before the reduction goes into effect. Nice young woman said of course she couldn’t guarantee I’d get it prior to 11/2, but said according to her info my car should be exiting production “mid-October”. So fingers crossed.

So called the delivery center to ask about reduction of California Clean Fuel Reward and if they thought I have a chance of getting it before the reduction goes into effect. Nice young woman said of course she couldn’t guarantee I’d get it prior to 11/2, but said according to her info my car should be exiting production “mid-October”. So fingers crossed.
Did you get a VIN yet? If not, how would they know which car is yours / when it will be produced?

Nice! Are you a Blue/White? What was your EDD before getting VIN?
Blue/Black.

EDD has changed multiple times. Originally was sometime in Sep when order was placed.

Since the end of Sep, EDD was 10/2-, 10/8-, 10/11- and moved every time the actual date hit. Finally the wait is almost over!

I guess slightly over 3 months (~100 days) is now the new normal. Hope this helps for folks still waiting.

Last edited:
Got my payment ready email this morning. EDD shows 10/11-10/21. VIN is 5YJYGDEE2MFxxxxxx so seems like 2021 model. Completed the final payment.

Now what's next step? Expect someone call to schedule delivery?

ODD: 07/06 MYLR Blue. San Jose, CA
FWIW, no need to guess. model year (2021) is actually listed in MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement).

What does style "UT" mean?

Attachments

• tesla.png
    tesla.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 47
Got my payment ready email this morning. EDD shows 10/11-10/21. VIN is 5YJYGDEE2MFxxxxxx so seems like 2021 model. Completed the final payment.

Now what's next step? Expect someone call to schedule delivery?

ODD: 07/06 MYLR Blue. San Jose, CA
For me possibly due to being a home delivery or being in CA, they just scheduled for me for home delivery. I received a text the next day saying your car will be delivered Tuesday.

For me possibly due to being a home delivery or being in CA, they just scheduled for me for home delivery. I received a text the next day saying your car will be delivered Tuesday.
Home delivery will be ideal!

I had an impression that when I placed the order, it said I need to go to Fremont to pick up.

Couldn't find any info in the agreement though. Keep fingers crossed!

Reactions: DrRamen
Home delivery will be ideal!

I had an impression that when I placed the order, it said I need to go to Fremont to pick up.

Couldn't find any info in the agreement though. Keep fingers crossed!
I was expecting to pick up at the delivery center as well as that was what happened for my last Model Y at the same location but definitely more ideal for me for home delivery as they didn’t provide an option to schedule. Hoping for you as well! They did text me and respond quickly to my text afterwards.

Reactions: fghj
Nope no VIN yet, maybe just telling me what I want to hear, who knows. Time will tell.
I wonder if it’s the same female agent who spoke to me. She gave me such hope that I was getting my VIN this weekend only to have my hopes dashed when they moved my EDD. Good news is that the Tesla app is still showing the car first so they haven't taken that away, but I’m very skeptical now that they know anything. We need a Tesla employee to tell us know this all works for assigning cars!!!