Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if it’s the same female agent who spoke to me. She gave me such hope that I was getting my VIN this weekend only to have my hopes dashed when they moved my EDD. Good news is that the Tesla app is still showing the car first so they haven't taken that away, but I’m very skeptical now that they know anything. We need a Tesla employee to tell us know this all works for assigning cars!!!
From my experience, the EDD does not mean anything. My EED has moved several times, and each time it moved, I called my SA. Everytime I spoke to him, he told me my build date was still mid October. Even when my EDD jumped to 9/30-10/13, he told me the same thing-mid October. I also spoke to two other SA's in different locations and they BOTH told me that the build date was mid October. So, what I'm trying to say is, the EDD is BS and I believe that SA's can see extra things on their end. Some tell the customer more info than others.

Hang tight! You might still get your vin this weekend, or tomorrow! Keep us posted!

I was expecting to pick up at the delivery center as well as that was what happened for my last Model Y at the same location but definitely more ideal for me for home delivery as they didn’t provide an option to schedule. Hoping for you as well! They did text me and respond quickly to my text afterwards.
Got TXT msg just now. Home delivery (rather than pickup) is scheduled on Tue 10/12.

Pleasantly surprised!

OD: 7/6 MYLR | Blue/Black | 5 seat | no-Tow | no-FSD
VIN date: 10/10
Delivery date: 10/12

Got my payment ready email this morning. EDD shows 10/11-10/21. VIN is 5YJYGDEE2MFxxxxxx so seems like 2021 model. Completed the final payment.

Now what's next step? Expect someone call to schedule delivery?

ODD: 07/06 MYLR Blue. San Jose, CA

Yes, the "M" in position 10 in the VIN tells that it is a 2021 model. For a 2022 model, it will change to "N". The "F" in position 11 tells that it was made in Fremont. Likewise, once you are eyes-on your vehicle, you can see the manufacture month/year on the label on the driver's side B pillar.

I appears that Tesla will be introducing the 2022 models in January (?)

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton

Reactions: DrRamen and fghj
Just got the vin. Where do I see the actual delivery? I’m on the payment section.
Delivery info will come later in txt msg.

My experience was:
  • 5:30 am: email "Final Payment is Ready". VIN was assigned in tesla.com at this point.
  • 12:30 pm: txt msg "CONGRATULATIONS! .." And in tesla.com, the original EDD became a 2-hour delivery window.

Last edited: