Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to get a rate match from Tesla. I have an account with DCU. I'd rather not do direct deposit but I would like to get the 1.25 rate.
I currently have it set in my Tesla account to 3rd party with DCU. I read here it has to be set that way for DCU to give me a quote. I called Tesla today and they said they haven't done rate match in a while but you never know when they will turn it on again. He said it's usually turned on at the end of a quarter. My EDD is March 9 - March 23rd.
The way it sounded, in order for me to get a rate match it sounds like I need to set my Tesla account now to Tesla financing. Then they would offer me 2.49%. It sounds like I would then need to change it to 3rd party with DCU to get their rate with direct deposit. Then I would need to submit that to [email protected].

Does that sound about right? Or is there a better sequence to get this to happen?

Thanks,

Now June 1 - June 29. FML
Woke up to same, new date of March 19-March 31.
Except that mine got pushed 3 months later. :)
that’s true lol. Bummer.
Ours did that, we had the month of March, then it pushed out to May-June. Then it recently came back to March 6th-17th. Now March 19-31. Not sure if your movement is ahead of mine or behind.

Reactions: ishareit
I'd like to get a rate match from Tesla. I have an account with DCU. I'd rather not do direct deposit but I would like to get the 1.25 rate.
I currently have it set in my Tesla account to 3rd party with DCU. I read here it has to be set that way for DCU to give me a quote. I called Tesla today and they said they haven't done rate match in a while but you never know when they will turn it on again. He said it's usually turned on at the end of a quarter. My EDD is March 9 - March 23rd.
The way it sounded, in order for me to get a rate match it sounds like I need to set my Tesla account now to Tesla financing. Then they would offer me 2.49%. It sounds like I would then need to change it to 3rd party with DCU to get their rate with direct deposit. Then I would need to submit that to [email protected].

Does that sound about right? Or is there a better sequence to get this to happen?

Thanks,
I picked up my MYP couple weeks ago. Prior to funding my car I asked about rate match. Tesla is not rate matching DCU rates.

Thanks,
Tesla does not rate match and their rate went up to 2.79% as of last week per SA, I did not even bother try to get approval from Tesla. I tried DCU but their processing/approval is very slow for new account, so I went with PenFed and all were done within 5 days. If you already has a Vin matched, then you can go with Tesla for the fastest and minimum paperwork, but if you decide to go with DCU or any other bank, you need to have the check by the time you pick up your car. I may refinance to DCU later once I am a member.

Just put in my order for a model y a few minutes ago for my wife.... I have a 2021 model 3... Great car.... Tired of pumping war blood gas.... Ordered the bare bones model y. With the stock wheels .. white in color.... Expected December 2022 delivery lololol.... I can wait......

For those in the San Francisco Bay Area, does anyone have any experience picking up a vehicle at the Fremont or Sunnyvale locations? I originally had Fremont and switched to Sunnyvale. Did I make the right change here?
Curious too to know.

I'm also set to pickup in Sunnyvale later this month if my EDD is accurate. I assumed Fremont delivery would be an extension of Fremont manufacturing which looks to be semi-controlled chaos....

here you have it boys. Tesla extending the wait times if you dont purchase the FSD option.

Attachments

• CAC185E7-2F77-4B15-96D3-CAF138FED409.png
    CAC185E7-2F77-4B15-96D3-CAF138FED409.png
    884.2 KB · Views: 68