Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just posted this in the main waiting room thread but since most applies to CA folks, posting here too:
  • In general, they are expecting most CA deliveries to occur the second half of June. What happens is most of the cars that are made in April and May go international and east coast. Beginning of June is midwest and west (not counting California), and then last 2 weeks are typically California. He did say though that they will hold cars in almost all areas of the US till June (what we're seeing now)
  • They do get small batches of cars (like they do now) but they have no control over the config. From what I saw in Dublin, they were mostly white cars (didn't look to close when I was passing yesterday). He said those will probably be delivered in the next 1-2 weeks and priority will be the config, order date, and whether or not all of your delivery info is complete and submitted.
  • For Dublin, CA specifically, if you live within 30 miles, they will almost for sure all be home deliveries. They don't have the capacity to handle the amount of deliveries they're expecting and it's actually easier for them to do home deliveries
  • He said it super important to be ready to take delivery within 3 days of getting the text and/or phone call once you've been hard matched to a VIN. Their system of matching is automated and it will un-assign you after three days if you don't confirm delivery and have your final payment/financing in place
  • In regards to payment, if you're doing 3rd party financing and they are mailing the check to Tesla, he suggested having your loan office physically take a picture of the check and send you that and the tracking number. They can release the vehicle to you even if they haven't received your payment yet but only if you provide them with those two things. Otherwise you have to wait till Tesla receives the check and confirms final payment
  • If you're putting a down payment separately from your financing, that must be done online. You cannot bring a personal check on delivery day
  • He mentioned nothing about a firmware update and I didn't ask -- especially after learning what I said above. This really does seem par for the course for the most part.
Good info, thanks! I opted for pick up in Vallejo but I’m sure it’s a similar situation. My SA says to expect delivery 1st or 2nd week of June. Hoping it doesn’t get pushed back to the last half of June but I suspect it might.

Just drove by the Carlsbad SC and they have new MY's inside the SC Service Area and outside. Last week there were none. So, it looks like the similar pattern of cars being moved to SC that others have reported while they still seem to be in Containment.

Grey and Black cars seemed to be outside while White, Blue and Red where in the Service Area lined up and stacked several deep (2 or 3).

Took a shot of the headlights just in case people are curious and want to debate Old vs New.
Drove by the Carlsbad SC this morning someone asked what the range of VIN's are. Saw 189xxx, 190xxx, 194xxx, and 195xxx ranges. Was not able to go into the Service Bay to look at the other new MY's but these were the ones outside.

Attachments

• VIN_1.jpg
    VIN_1.jpg
    810.1 KB · Views: 57
  • VIN_2.jpeg
    VIN_2.jpeg
    850.3 KB · Views: 41
  • VIN_3.jpeg
    VIN_3.jpeg
    871.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Reactions: Platini
Drove by the Carlsbad SC this morning someone asked what the range of VIN's are. Saw 189xxx, 190xxx, 194xxx, and 195xxx ranges. Was not able to go into the Service Bay to look at the other new MY's but these were the ones outside.
None of them had the new head lights. Here is close up from earlier photos.

Attachments

• MY_Headlight.png
    MY_Headlight.png
    201.5 KB · Views: 40
  • MY_Carlsbad_SC.jpeg
    MY_Carlsbad_SC.jpeg
    427.5 KB · Views: 39
Is there a thread to show the difference between the old and new headlights? Is one better than the other? Stuck in the same boat as everyone else in "June 17 -June 30"
Here is an example how Polestar has implemented the LED matrix projector lights in Europe. In the US we are still waiting for the NTSB to approve the new rules.
All current Tesla cars have these new LED matrix projector lights except the Model Y LR and SR. So we are on the lookout...

Last edited:
Reactions: koksanti72@gma
Anyone have eyes on the Costa Mesa facility? I swung by the Lake Forest location (first time there!), but they are way too small for any sort of storage. The site was pretty busy, but I think it's mostly a service/sales facility and not a distribution center.

I know Tesla website has been going crazy since last week or so but I remember I saw the estimated delivery date around Jun25-Jun30 last week but today when I checked there is no delivery estimate.

Is this normal for Tesla or am i just got pushed out of this quarter?

Anyone else noticed the same and have any thoughts.

Ordered 05/10

I know Tesla website has been going crazy since last week or so but I remember I saw the estimated delivery date around Jun25-Jun30 last week but today when I checked there is no delivery estimate.

Is this normal for Tesla or am i just got pushed out of this quarter?

Anyone else noticed the same and have any thoughts.

Ordered 05/10
normal a lot of people just been getting pushed back. I believe a lot of calfornia will start seeing deliveries in 2nd half of june.