Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I'm coming over from the Model 3 room. Originally had a Model 3 LR AWD order, but last night found a black/white MY seven seater with trailer hitch in new inventory at Buena Park and ordered it. I'm waiting for the Buena Park delivery center to call me to schedule a pickup time. I'm hoping for tomorrow, or Friday at the latest.

Reactions: Greg007
I decided to go on Tesla's website to check out the existing inventory. I didn't find anything in my config so I decided to use the chat function and talked to someone and she was able to search inventory near me and found an exact match and it was discounted $1620. So now I'm picking up between 6/5-6/8. They're transferring it from Costa Mesa to Buena Park.
That's awesome. Congrats

Reactions: cjxmtn and Jay724
Hi all, I'm coming over from the Model 3 room. Originally had a Model 3 LR AWD order, but last night found a black/white MY seven seater with trailer hitch in new inventory at Buena Park and ordered it. I'm waiting for the Buena Park delivery center to call me to schedule a pickup time. I'm hoping for tomorrow, or Friday at the latest.
Welcome and congrats on the upgrade!

Reactions: cjxmtn
My SA was kind enough to look for something similar to my order and of course it was not the exact configuration of mine but it was located on the east coast which takes weeks to get here also get this, it required me to pay for the extra transportation fees which by the way they have already charged me on my original order even though we are in CA and the fees are fixed nationwide. He suggested me to wait for my original order which could come sooner! like before June 30.

Order date 04/20

I reached out to the Carlsbad SC and this is the message they sent back to me. I ordered 5/25. Hmmmmm.....

"Hello,

Based on your order date of about a week ago, we’re likely looking at August delivery for your Model Y. Please note, this is just an estimate, and it could be slightly sooner or later."

Tesla Carlsbad Delivery Team

3248 Lionshead Ave, Carlsbad CA 92010

p. 760.305.4041 Option 4 | [email protected]

• Helpful
Reactions: cmak826
Someone suggested going through the chat and having them check existing inventory. I can't find your post but you get kudos.

I chatted with Tina, and she provided two links for five seaters, not my ideal configurations. She sent a handful of seven seaters, which is not for me. All of them were on the east coast. So it does appear existing inventory is out there, forgot to ask the delivery fee and timeframe to to bring a MY from the east coast.

Good luck to anyone that tries.

Someone suggested going through the chat and having them check existing inventory. I can't find your post but you get kudos.

I chatted with Tina, and she provided two links for five seaters, not my ideal configurations. She sent a handful of seven seaters, which is not for me. All of them were on the east coast. So it does appear existing inventory is out there, forgot to ask the delivery fee and timeframe to to bring a MY from the east coast.

You're welcome!

I was lucky this morning and found an inventory demo unit with less than 50 miles on it, guessing it was a floor model. I placed the order and then asked my SA to move it over to my existing RN. They moved it over and deducted the second $100 order fee from my order. I placed my original order on 4/20 and my most recent EDD for that order was 6/8-6/28. The inventory car was in LA and I am having it delivered to Carlsbad for 6/7 delivery. Original order was a blue on white with gemini, 5 seats. Inventory car is MSM, black seats and induction wheels. VIN 1866XX

I tired the same as well and spoke with Adrian. Delivery from the East cost is 2k-2.5k. Central is about 1k-1.5k and West Coast is 500. ADrian matched me with my exact config but didnt want to pay the extra 2.5k.

I was lucky this morning and found an inventory demo unit with less than 50 miles on it, guessing it was a floor model. I placed the order and then asked my SA to move it over to my existing RN. They moved it over and deducted the second $100 order fee from my order. I placed my original order on 4/20 and my most recent EDD for that order was 6/8-6/28. The inventory car was in LA and I am having it delivered to Carlsbad for 6/7 delivery. Original order was a blue on white with gemini, 5 seats. Inventory car is MSM, black seats and induction wheels. VIN 1866XX
Dang! that was my exact config. Congrats!

Reactions: JustYNot
I reached out to the Carlsbad SC and this is the message they sent back to me. I ordered 5/25. Hmmmmm.....

"Hello,

Based on your order date of about a week ago, we’re likely looking at August delivery for your Model Y. Please note, this is just an estimate, and it could be slightly sooner or later."

Tesla Carlsbad Delivery Team

3248 Lionshead Ave, Carlsbad CA 92010

p. 760.305.4041 Option 4 | [email protected]
Wow very interesting, I had messaged my SC up here in the Bay Area (ordered same day as you) and was told it would be either June or worst case July delivery. Granted I did have different exterior and interior colors than you :confused:. Lets hope you can get it sooner than August...