Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I decided to go up to the Temecula SC to get an update about my order. He opened his laptop, did a whole bunch of typing and said "it's scheduled to be built on the 17th." WTH????????????????? Noooooo! This is crazy....
Emailed my SA at Temecula yesterday and he said I'm still on track for delivery the week of the 22nd. My last ED posted was 6/20-6/30 before my dates disappeared

Reactions: Emmadiane
Ordered: 4/25
Car: MY LR 5 seater black/black no tow/FSD 19 in wheels

DE2D9C83-F31B-42B8-9821-96017D2B4FD8.jpeg

Reactions: cmak826 and jgd108
If you're referring to my post, I'm paying 3k more as they're upgrades to my original order. The reason I have to get something sooner vs the wait is because my spouse is busy serving his country and has to be there, they won't allow use of a POA. Yeah, I know, says a lot about a person, huh. We'd rather not go weeks without seeing him too, but here we are. Alas he picks up a cycle as a DI when we were roughly slated for delivery and he will be there for the first two weeks straight. So, we wouldn't have been able to take delivery and been made to wait even longer as the miles go up on my trade. As a military family, we sacrifice an aweful lot. I'm ok with spending 3k more on upgrades (as we also get to be a lot less picky about things - Semper Gumby) in order to have a vehicle we've worked as hard as everyone else to have. Judge a little less when you don't know someone's story or reasoning.

No judgement intended to be passed your way at all. I've seen numerous posts regarding the same topic and actions. I'm sure most, if not all, of us are tempted when we see a "similar" configuration in the available inventory. It just Sucks that Tesla can't manage and prioritize deliveries for reservations over just manufacturing extra for inventory in spite of reservations that may be months old.

I appreciate your family's service!

Reactions: Soosh and Emmadiane
No judgement intended to be passed your way at all. I've seen numerous posts regarding the same topic and actions. I'm sure most, if not all, of us are tempted when we see a "similar" configuration in the available inventory. It just Sucks that Tesla can't manage and prioritize deliveries for reservations over just manufacturing extra for inventory in spite of reservations that may be months old.

Well said. It especially sucks when they give away an identical configuration at the same location to someone who ordered a month later than you did.

Good news - found a match at a delivery center locally and got that car. Bad news was I had to make that happen on my own. The match for my original config was in some sort of limbo. They couldn’t explain why I had a vin for a car that didn’t exist. They flipped me over to this one which is the same except has a white interior instead of black. Pick up tomorrow at 2:30. VIN 198xxx. Here’s hoping it’s not a dog someone rejected.
Interesting - I called the Costa Mesa delivery center this morning because my VIN disappeared off my account and my EDD changed to 9-13 weeks. Freaked me out. He said it’s still matched to me in their system, it’s just that the car hasn’t been built yet. He said it should be built this week and I should have deliver in about a week and a half. …maybe you had a VIN for an unbuilt car too?

Reactions: Greg007
At least your window is shrinking. This last week I noticed my EDD window shrinking in size. It was a 20 day range from earliest to furthest throughout the whole wait. Last few days it began shrinking by a day each day. Yesterday it was a range of 13 days. Today I got my VIN. Maybe yours is coming soon!
Thanks, that is encouraging! Congratulations on getting your VIN!

Reactions: RD Skunk Works

I don't disagree with you on the last statement. It's shameful on their part that people who have purchased back in MARCH are still not able to take delivery, yet they will happily deliver to someone on the Easy Coast (typo intended) for a 2 week delivery no problem. It's abhorrible.

I also found out a little more about my MY and it seems it's not even in Temecula yet. But with the VIN series, it makes no sense. This is one process that I don't think we'll do again. I have enough gray hairs as it stands.

Well said. It especially sucks when they give away an identical configuration at the same location to someone who ordered a month later than you did.
That ABSOLUTELY shouldn't ever happen unless, under certain circumstances, the person who ordered first is asked and is ok with letting someone else have it. I'm actually speechless that this is happening...

spoke to my SC. Said all Burbank deliveries happening last 2 weeks of the month. To his credit, he’s been telling me that the entire time, saying to ignore any earlier dates I would be given on the site.

*sigh*
It sucks but it's the way Tesla has been delivering for some time. If you ordered in April and are in CA, they know they can get it to you quickly (i.e. the last week of the quarter). If someone on the East Coast orders 6/1, they need to get it built and on a train quickly in order for that person to take delivery before quarter's end. So if they get an influx of East Coast and Midwest orders this week, I suspect that would push back a number of CA deliveries regardless of when they were ordered. For the last two weeks of the quarter, you'll see essentially zero East Coast/Midwest deliveries -- they will all be West Coast.

Reactions: jgd108
It sucks but it's the way Tesla has been delivering for some time. If you ordered in April and are in CA, they know they can get it to you quickly (i.e. the last week of the quarter). If someone on the East Coast orders 6/1, they need to get it built and on a train quickly in order for that person to take delivery before quarter's end. So if they get an influx of East Coast and Midwest orders this week, I suspect that would push back a number of CA deliveries regardless of when they were ordered. For the last two weeks of the quarter, you'll see essentially zero East Coast/Midwest deliveries -- they will all be West Coast.
I wasn’t made aware of this when I placed my order on 4/4. They should mention this prior to asking for an order fee.

spoke to my SC. Said all Burbank deliveries happening last 2 weeks of the month. To his credit, he’s been telling me that the entire time, saying to ignore any earlier dates I would be given on the site.

*sigh*
Several people from this forum have already picked up from Burbank.....But this is the message that should have been told to all of us from the beginning.....That way, if you're lucky enough to get it before, you feel special and if you don't it's what was expected.

I know I'm just preaching to the choir at this point...

Reactions: quincyskylar41
I wasn’t made aware of this when I placed my order on 4/4. They should mention this prior to asking for an order fee.
Yeah, this goes back to the quality of your SA (assuming you ordered with one). But when you ordered online, you are told the standard range of x weeks to y weeks with "y" typically being the end of the quarter in which you ordered in. What causes the confusion is the ever-changing EDD in your account. As I've said, they should just get rid of this as it's not accurate. At all.

Just got off the phone with SA, confirmed delivery will most likely be towards end of June. My order date was May 6. Just out of curiosity, I asked when delivery would be for someone ordering today. He said most likely the end of September, Yikes. Makes my wait till the end of month seem more tolerable. Plan to pick up in Santa Barbara.

Reactions: JustYNot
Just got off the phone with SA, confirmed delivery will most likely be towards end of June. My order date was May 6. Just out of curiosity, I asked when delivery would be for someone ordering today. He said most likely the end of September, Yikes. Makes my wait till the end of month seem more tolerable. Plan to pick up in Santa Barbara.
I believe buyers in So Cal will end up with an end of quarter delivery regardless of order date.