Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla associate who assisted me said the same thing (and stressed getting the financing done ASAP if using Tesla Finance).

No complaints about my timeframe. Ordered 5/31, completed pre-delivery steps on 6/1, got my 6/14 - 6/30 EDD the next day.
Wow!!! That’s impressive and congrats.
I completed Tesla financing the same day I placed my order, 5/14.

I’m wondering if getting MSM, white/black interior and the 20in wheels caused a delay. Who knows, just happy I have a ED before August.

I got a quote from OC Tint Solutions - they have great reviews and the owner has a Model Y. I reached out on Yelp. For 3M, the two front windows was $250, the windshield is an extra $250. To do everything but the sunroof is $850. (The back windows are tinted, but don’t have UV protection).

I haven’t decided on % yet, curious what other people are doing. OC Tint Solutions has a You Tube channel where they show a few of the different options.
I’ve used Sun Tamers in the past in Mission Viejo/Laguna area. Great work but not cheap. No idea about pricing for a Tesla.

Reactions: Emmadiane
Sorry, I'm new here. What is an SA? Does that stand for Service Agent? How do you get in tough with yours?;)

5/19/21 2021 Model 3/Pearl White/Blk 18in - EDD 6/19-6/30
SA stands for Service Advisor. Basically, sales. The office where I test drove sent me an email introducing me to Joey, my SA. I've never talked to him. At least in Lake Forest, you just talk to whomever answers the phone. Each dealership/office has the same phone menu - 3 for sales and 4 for delivery.

Maybe I'm missing something. You didn't have a VIN and then all of sudden they have your car ready to pick up?
I got lucky because someone with the exact config declined delivery because they are out of the country. So the SA who I was talking to about the demo called back and said “check your account I found you a car” So technically it’s not “my car”. It’s not a demo and it’s my exact configuration so I’ll take it. It shows 7 miles on it.

I got lucky because someone with the exact config declined delivery because they are out of the country. So the SA who I was talking to about the demo called back and said “check your account I found you a car” So technically it’s not “my car”. It’s not a demo and it’s my exact configuration so I’ll take it. It shows 7 miles on it.
Dang! That is super lucky! Congrats to you!

Reactions: Esmi
I got a quote from OC Tint Solutions - they have great reviews and the owner has a Model Y. I reached out on Yelp. For 3M, the two front windows was $250, the windshield is an extra $250. To do everything but the sunroof is $850. (The back windows are tinted, but don’t have UV protection).

I haven’t decided on % yet, curious what other people are doing. OC Tint Solutions has a You Tube channel where they show a few of the different options.
OCJeff said:
I’ve used Sun Tamers in the past in Mission Viejo/Laguna area. Great work but not cheap. No idea about pricing for a Tesla.
Go to Tint Plus in Laguna Hills. Its around $100 if doing just the fronts for the classic 15% (non-ceramic). We have done 5 cars there, their work is excellent! They do a lot of high end cars there..Ferrari's, etc :) Still waiting on our MY though!

Wow!! Amazing! Congrats

Reactions: Esmi

I got my Model 3 at the end of 2019 and took it to Jason @ OC Tint Solutions the very next day. I went with their "regular" ceramic tint on everything except the windshield and it turned out perfectly. Their service is awesome and my tint still looks great.

Reactions: Emmadiane
Like others, My EDD today is the same as it was yesterday (June 05 - June 25). That makes today the first day since I ordered (4/11) that the EDD begins only 1 day away, instead of always at least 2 days away as in the past. I hope that's good news? 🤷‍♂️

Today I also got an email telling me to "get ready for your model Y delivery" by buying accessories from the tesla store. I wonder if that email is connected to progress in the waiting line or just randomly sent to everyone? Pro-tip for Tesla: I'll buy more accessories when I actually have a car for them! :p

Like others, My EDD today is the same as it was yesterday (June 05 - June 25). That makes today the first day since I ordered (4/11) that the EDD begins only 1 day away, instead of always at least 2 days away as in the past. I hope that's good news? 🤷‍♂️

Today I also got an email telling me to "get ready for your model Y delivery" by buying accessories from the tesla store. I wonder if that email is connected to progress in the waiting line or just randomly sent to everyone? Pro-tip for Tesla: I'll buy more accessories when I actually have a car for them! :p
Is this for a Fremont pickup/delivery? What was your config?

Reactions: anka2021