Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Completed profile 5/6, delivery date has held steady for about a week, but prior week, it slipped almost daily for a week. Today, before I logged on, asked my wife, "wonder what surprises Tesla has for us today" and got the answer, EDD went from 6/20 - 6/30 to 6/21-6/30. Pick up location is Santa Barbara

Someone posted last night that about 20 were just delivered to SB. Hope that's good news for you.
Completed profile 5/6, delivery date has held steady for about a week, but prior week, it slipped almost daily for a week. Today, before I logged on, asked my wife, "wonder what surprises Tesla has for us today" and got the answer, EDD went from 6/20 - 6/30 to 6/21-6/30. Pick up location is Santa Barbara

Reactions: Daget24
Question - Those stating that they "completed" their profile, does this mean you also completed the credit app step? My estimated delivery is July - should I apply now to complete? Or hold off until the estimated delivery dials in further?
Completed basically means that you are ready for delivery, should a car become available. Typically that means having your financing selected, trade in option selected, and have your insurance uploaded. If you don't think your car will be here in the next 45-60 days (how long most financing offers last), you can select "cash" so your profile is marked as "complete"/"ready" (something only Tesla sees on their end) and then as your delivery date is closer, get your financing in place and call your SA to change that option.

Reactions: Schwma and Srleadjb
I think I competed profile same day as order on 4/29. But I didn’t accept their finance terms until this week when they beat my CU. That’s when they gave me that July/Aug date (was a mix of nothing and June dates). So what exactly counts for complete profile?
My S/A said to put that you're buying it cash so that the profile is completed and then when you get matched you can switch it to financing....That's what she did on my account except she hit me up about two weeks ago to go ahead and apply for financing making think the car was coming in, so I did....Now, still nothing but I do have 60 days before it expires. On that note, some have been told only 30 days so it might depend on who you get financed with. I got Wells Fargo and its a 60 day window.

Just another example of how they frustrate the customer with false hopes....

Reactions: Soosh
My S/A said to put that you're buying it cash so that the profile is completed and then when you get matched you can switch it to financing....That's what she did on my account except she hit me up about two weeks ago to go ahead and apply for financing making think the car was coming in, so I did....Now, still nothing but I do have 60 days before it expires. On that note, some have been told only 30 days so it might depend on who you get financed with. I got Wells Fargo and its a 60 day window.

Just another example of how they frustrate the customer with false hopes....
I told my SA I was shopping financing he said to leave the Tesla offer on but not accept it. I should have went with my gut and had him remove it and make it cash.

Completed basically means that you are ready for delivery, should a car become available. Typically that means having your financing selected, trade in option selected, and have your insurance uploaded. If you don't think your car will be here in the next 45-60 days (how long most financing offers last), you can select "cash" so your profile is marked as "complete"/"ready" (something only Tesla sees on their end) and then as your delivery date is closer, get your financing in place and call your SA to change that option.
Got it! Thank you!

Reactions: Emmadiane
I told my SA I was shopping financing he said to leave the Tesla offer on but not accept it. I should have went with my gut and had him remove it and make it cash.
if you already applied for financing with Tesla, you should accept it. That will mark you as ready. You can always change it later. But no need to waste that hit to your credit - your card could arrive in time.