Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 03/07. Completed profile the same day.
Removed hold on 05/07. Midnight Silver - Black int - 5 seat - 19" wheels - No FSD - Fremont pick up

Current EDD : July 1st - July 22nd - ( After projecting last week of June as EDD for ~2 weeks)

Looks like most May orders are getting pushed out to next quarter. I shouldn't have trusted SA advice and removed the hold much earlier.

Ordered 03/07. Completed profile the same day.
Removed hold on 05/07. Midnight Silver - Black int - 5 seat - 19" wheels - No FSD - Fremont pick up

Current EDD : July 1st - July 22nd - ( After projecting last week of June as EDD for ~2 weeks)

Looks like most May orders are getting pushed out to next quarter. I shouldn't have trusted SA advice and removed the hold much earlier.
Definitely no rhyme or reason to any of the scheduling, especially within the last week. I ordered and completed my profile 4/9, and I have the same EDD as you..

My dates changed from 7/4-7/24 to 7/31-8/21. Bummer as my wife and I are down to one car and both have to work at the office.
Yea be patient is all I can say. I ordered mine 4/23 and it showed a 2-4 week delivery date when I placed the order. That was a sick joke. I had no idea of the Tesla timeline at the time and sold my Jeep Rubicon in anticipation and that was a big mistake. Now I am stuck driving my 2004 Silverado 2500HD until my Tesla arrives. Maybe this month maybe not. But if you get mad you will only stress yourself out. My recommendation is do what you have to do to prepare for a lengthy delivery. If that means renting a car or getting a used car for a few months then turning and selling it then so be it. But what ever you do, do not plan around any of the dates you get from Tesla.

Oh no! Mine moved just a day to June 9-28. I can’t imagine that ours won’t come in at the same time. So… that’s either good news for you, or bad news for me.
Yeah, I was hopeful of a VIN this week. It still could happen as the dates are pretty random. There were a lot of people with 6/8 dates that moved to 6/9, so it must be close 🤞

It looks like they're still trying to get at least some new production to the East Coast (based on the main waiting room thread). I suspect this will start to diminish over the next week or so and focus will be West Coast.

On a slightly different topic, while the master spreadsheet is a good idea, there are too many holes in it to provide any meaningful data, especially to help future orderers and deliveries. Order-to-VIN days can be extremely skewed because there's no way to denote if a car was new from the factory or a demo car. Also, many people are putting their delivery dates well before the car is actually delivered. Right now there are 75 entires that have a delivery date beyond today. Just keep that in mind if you're trying to use the spreadsheet to determine, well, anything.

Reactions: Greg007
It looks like they're still trying to get at least some new production to the East Coast (based on the main waiting room thread). I suspect this will start to diminish over the next week or so and focus will be West Coast.

On a slightly different topic, while the master spreadsheet is a good idea, there are too many holes in it to provide any meaningful data, especially to help future orderers and deliveries. Order-to-VIN days can be extremely skewed because there's no way to denote if a car was new from the factory or a demo car. Also, many people are putting their delivery dates well before the car is actually delivered. Right now there are 75 entires that have a delivery date beyond today. Just keep that in mind if you're trying to use the spreadsheet to determine, well, anything.

Yea I think some are putting the EDD date in as their delivery dates not knowing any better.

Reactions: fender4645
I know I've said this a few times in the past but for the new folks: Tesla does their MY/M3 orders from outside in. Starting mid-way through the quarter, they focus on the US cities/states furthest from Fremont. As they get into the last month of the quarter, that radius starts to pull in and by the last week of the quarter (6/23 - 6/30 for the current quarter), they will only be delivering to CA and west coast as those are the only regions that would be able to take delivery before quarter's end (I assume AZ and NV would be a part of this too).

It's hard to say how many MYs they can produce in those last few weeks because we're not sure what capacity the Fremont factory is allocated to these (remember, they have to start producing new S and X and some point). But even if you ordered late May or early June in CA, I would say there's still a chance of getting a car this month. There was plenty of anecdotal evidence of people ordering in the final days of Q1 and getting a car a day or two later.

My SA has been radio silent since my EDD jumped to July after telling me it was be delivered in June for months. (4/7 order)

At this point I really just want some confirmation or a firm date so I could start planning my summer. I hate that I’m considering cancelling some trips just so that I’m here when it’s ready for delivery.

Reactions: Greg007