Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I opted against PPF on my Model S since it was a lease. After 3 years of So. Cal driving, the hood and front bumper had a bunch of chips. So I'm definitely getting PPF for my Model Y since it's a purchase and not a lease.

I'm planning on using Sticker City in Sherman Oaks based on the favorable reviews.
Interesting. We had our S about two years, mostly driving in NorCal with a trip or two to Tahoe, Bay Area, Santa Cruz, and dusty Bakersfield. No chips at all on the hood, bumper, or headlights. One or two small chips on the fender that I had to look for to find. I feel PPF is just doing the next buyer a huge favor. For the price of PPF, I can just repaint the car if it was that bad.

I did do ceramic coating though and loved how clean it kept the car and made washing a breeze. They had to replace my windshield recently and it sucked because the new windshield lacked the ceramic coating and I immediately noticed the difference in rain and just cleaning the windshield. I definitely want ceramic coating on the Y but am still undecided whether I want to pay for it or do it myself this time around.

My new working hypothesis is that energy at the Fremont factory is all hands on deck for the Plaid launch. Production is probably continuing but they won’t start big movement on local deliveries until after the Plaid launch (10th)
Not sure this is the case for the factory. They have a LOT of Model S sitting at the factory as they built them and held them from delivery as the finished up the car. I dont think the launch would slow down the production of their other models.

however, with that said, I am wondering about delivery logistics which may already be a bottleneck for getting cars to the customers, and how that would be impacted when theyre trying to now add a third model and it’s backlog into those logistics

Reactions: Emmadiane
Not sure this is the case for the factory. They have a LOT of Model S sitting at the factory as they built them and held them from delivery as the finished up the car. I dont think the launch would slow down the production of their other models.

however, with that said, I am wondering about delivery logistics which may already be a bottleneck for getting cars to the customers, and how that would be impacted when theyre trying to now add a third model and it’s backlog into those logistics
I didn't mean production is/would be impacted, because I believe the production lines are separate. I meant they're planning a big media event at the factory for a new iteration of a marquee car - they probably need resources and space for the event itself.

Anyway, this is me trying to create conspiracy theories as to why my delivery date is 6/10-6/30. I just wish this damn car would be here already.

• Funny
Ordered on May 16 for Fremont delivery.
-MYP, white ext/black int, with tow, no FSD

EDD in two week chunks has jumped everywhere starting from
-May 24
-June 7
-May 31
-June 14
and everywhere in between.

Current EDD is June 14-June 30 and has been holding steady for 4 days. No VIN yet. Spoke to SA this weekend. Told me they are still expecting most cars to be built for Bay Area residents within the last 2 weeks of June.

Ordered on May 16 for Fremont delivery.
-MYP, white ext/black int, with tow, no FSD

EDD in two week chunks has jumped everywhere starting from
-May 24
-June 7
-May 31
-June 14
and everywhere in between.

Current EDD is June 14-June 30 and has been holding steady for 4 days. No VIN yet. Spoke to SA this weekend. Told me they are still expecting most cars to be built for Bay Area residents within the last 2 weeks of June.
This would be similar to response I received that my car (Bay Area) would be built in mid -June.

After the car was delivered I told my BF to go inside and leave me alone with the car for a few hours 😂 30 or so minutes of that was inspecting the car, and the rest was a mix of admiring it and installing my accessories.

1. Front and rear 3D Maxpider floor liners
2. Tesmanian cargo liners
3. Spigen matte screen protector
4. Center console tray and cupholder insert
5. Matte black dashboard cover (I hate that wood trim!)

Today I'm gonna put on the OEM mud flaps. I was going to put on the rear PPF from Tesla but when I finally opened the package the edges were damaged. So, if you ordered them from Tesla, definitely inspect them within the return window. I emailed them with pics and asked for a refund but I'm sure that went into the void.
I guess I’ll have to lower my expectations cause mine has way more miles on it.
i read about the quality of the Tesla branded ppf so I ordered mine from abstract ocean. I just hope they come quickly, hwy 101 construction makes rock chips fall like rain

The demo had 347 miles but eventually got to my house with like 380 miles. There is a tiny scratch on the passengers' side b-pillar, some scratches inside one door jam, and the tail light piece that's on the tailgate sticks out on the top juuuuust a little more than the rest. I had to really scrutinize the car to find these. Still has the new car smell too.

My WFH office view. 🥰
View attachment 670520
347 miles is just as good as factory fresh

Reactions: 63AMG
The demo had 347 miles but eventually got to my house with like 380 miles. There is a tiny scratch on the passengers' side b-pillar, some scratches inside one door jam, and the tail light piece that's on the tailgate sticks out on the top juuuuust a little more than the rest. I had to really scrutinize the car to find these. Still has the new car smell too.

My WFH office view. 🥰
View attachment 670520
Congrats! I got to wash my Y for the first time today. A good way to bond with your Y. LOL, you get to inspect every nook and cranny.

EDD 6/21 - 6/30 holding for the last few days. Profile page is showing need proof of insurance. Called SA and confirmed they already have it and am ready to go. I asked if I'm going to get the car in June and assured me I will. Said cars are now starting to come in and lots of excitement around this. Also stated a VIN will be assigned just as the car is being built, then a delivery appointment is confirmed a few days before actual delivery.

EDD 6/21 - 6/30 holding for the last few days. Profile page is showing need proof of insurance. Called SA and confirmed they already have it and am ready to go. I asked if I'm going to get the car in June and assured me I will. Said cars are now starting to come in and lots of excitement around this. Also stated a VIN will be assigned just as the car is being built, then a delivery appointment is confirmed a few days before actual delivery.
Very encouraging. I am at the point where I say I will believe it when I see it ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: anka2021