Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a M3 LR on 5/7 (Burbank) but then regretted it bc I realized I wanted a MY LR instead. But when I checked the estimated delivery on the MY I configured, it said August and then later on September. I returned my lease last week so I couldn't wait that long.

Sooo I kept trolling the Tesla website and those other tracking site for existing inventory hoping to snatch a MY LR AWD (white/white with FSD and 20" wheels) that someone rejected delivery on (I don't want a demo). About 20 minutes ago a brand new one popped up here but it was MSM instead of white. I panicked and purchased it.

Should I go forward with it? GAHHH I really wanted white but the MSM is sooo nice tooo but I just returned my Audi A5 that was a similar grey sooo I wanted to go with white.

Helppp!!!

I ordered a M3 LR on 5/7 (Burbank) but then regretted it bc I realized I wanted a MY LR instead. But when I checked the estimated delivery on the MY I configured, it said August and then later on September. I returned my lease last week so I couldn't wait that long.

Sooo I kept trolling the Tesla website and those other tracking site for existing inventory hoping to snatch a MY LR AWD (white/white with FSD and 20" wheels) that someone rejected delivery on (I don't want a demo). About 20 minutes ago a brand new one popped up here but it was MSM instead of white. I panicked and purchased it.

Should I go forward with it? GAHHH I really wanted white but the MSM is sooo nice tooo but I just returned my Audi A5 that was a similar grey sooo I wanted to go with white.

Helppp!!!
Do it!! The MSM is so nice and you don't see as many I feel. I ordered White and have been trying to convince the wife to switch to MSM but no luck...happy wife happy life, right?

Plus you'd be able to get the car much much quicker than having to wait this agonizing wait. I ordered 4/9 and still no VIN

Thanks! It was dropped off in my drive way about an hour ago. I have been in meetings since. It looks beautiful and I will post photos later.

Best luck everyone!!!
IMG_0543.jpg

Meet Ocean. My son named it ;) It has been such a journey. Thanks to this community for support and helpful insights. Best luck to everyone! It is California's turn!!

Beautiful! Did you find any issues with it or is it flawless?
I have not had a chance to go through a check list that I downloaded from the internet. The exterior is near perfect based on rough inspection. A couple of minor imperfections inside near the glass roof - roof itself is great just the trim edges. I will do a full check in an hour or so when the sun outside is not so strong.

Ordered 5/26, Edd shifted to 7/5-7/31 to now 7/31-8/21 today after having done this earlier in the week.
First time ordering a new car from factory as opposed to buying off a lot. Interesting experience. Cool to know I’ll be getting a new car. Previous cars all had mileage even when new (one had 170 miles, another had 315).
Love the electric drivetrain and limited maintenance of electric. I am not fond of AP’s ability in current form, nor TACC which is too aggressive for my taste. Someone on another thread said “limo stop” and describes how I like to drive. AP and TACC are not nearly as gentle or able to anticipate slow downs making for a jarring and almost nauseating drive.

What I am looking forward to is not needing a key in my pocket, having a car that is warm/cool when I approach without worrying about burning gas or ruining a catalytic converter.

the short wheel base and small tire profile makes for a tougher ride but the AWD and one pedal driving is fantastic and matches my driving profile.

might schedule another O/N TEst drive next week or following just to enjoy the car while I wait for my own.

Now seeing “Estimated Delivery: September” on the Tesla site when placing an order.

Any thoughts on whether Model Ys “, even those of us currently waiting with potential August dates, would be “held” until September to show an even stronger end of quarter/month?