Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For s#1ts and giggles I filtered the spreadsheet by my exact config and there have been only 14 orders with my config since December of 2019. There are four people who ordered after me and none have received their car yet (or at least didn't report it on the spreadsheet) so it makes me feel a little better that it appears I haven't been jumped in line. Yet.

Reactions: VP714
Got slightly different response for this of us having a delivery from the factory. Apparently VIN should arrive in account within days of delivery, so not while being assembled. Basically was told after VIN arrived it would be a day or at most 2 to delivery. Also even though delivery to home isn't showing as an option she assured me from Fremont they'd do a home delivery, so no need to be present.
Apparently it's also looking good for my order (MYP black/b&w/tow/fsd) placed this month for delivery. I purchased a demo as a back up, but am hoping to release it when I get a VIN, SA said she expected to be able to have a definitive June delivery date for the new MYP by the time I'd have to decide on the demo.
Interesting.....if you grab a demo, how long do you have once you pay the $100 to do next steps in actually buying it?

Interesting.....if you grab a demo, how long do you have once you pay the $100 to do next steps in actually buying it?
well - I payed the 100 Monday and it's looking like I'll have another 5 days or so before I have to accept the car. Could be some wiggle room on that too - last I heard delivery could be as late as the 23rd. My understanding is that until you accept delivery you can cancel it. If doing Tesla financing, will have to refill out the app for the other car, but within the same month, credit hit shouldn't be different (and we're not planning on any other credit checks in the near future anyway so that's moot). Basically I lose 100 one way or the other, but wanting a car in June versus that loss was worth it.

For s#1ts and giggles I filtered the spreadsheet by my exact config and there have been only 14 orders with my config since December of 2019. There are four people who ordered after me and none have received their car yet (or at least didn't report it on the spreadsheet) so it makes me feel a little better that it appears I haven't been jumped in line. Yet.

We are almost config twins except I’m a 7-seater. Thinking good thoughts you get your MY soon. #teamblue

Oh my gosh, I'm shaking like a leaf! 🤯So I just happened to check existing inventory and there was my car (my config I should say) with the exception that it also had the tow which I didn't have on my original. Anyway, I quickly clicked on buy now and went through the process. I can't believe it. My SA quickly texted me saying, "hey I saw your order, congrats!" I told him, I did it so quickly I forgot to check the milage on it. He said it has 2.7 miles on it. ☺️So I have a vin and now I guess I just wait on delivery details?? I'm not cancelling my other order in case this one somehow goes into the Tesla void. Sheesh, I think I need to go lay down now. 🤣

Oh my gosh, I'm shaking like a leaf! 🤯So I just happened to check existing inventory and there was my car (my config I should say) with the exception that it also had the tow which I didn't have on my original. Anyway, I quickly clicked on buy now and went through the process. I can't believe it. My SA quickly texted me saying, "hey I saw your order, congrats!" I told him, I did it so quickly I forgot to check the milage on it. He said it has 2.7 miles on it. ☺️So I have a vin and now I guess I just wait on delivery details?? I'm not cancelling my other order in case this one somehow goes into the Tesla void. Sheesh, I think I need to go lay down now. 🤣

Saw a Blue/White/20"/Tow pop up as well.... I was close to pulling the trigger, but prefer White or MSM. Can they transfer that over to your existing reservation and lock in your original pricing (you lose the $100 I assume)? Or do you get moved to todays current pricing as seen on the site?

congrats! The SA can give you more details for the delivery process. You should talk to them. It should take no more than a couple days for them to have your car ready specially if its in your area. I think I should have done that with my original order too, put it on hold for the next Y.🤔

Reactions: CarpeDiem12
So how does that work? I went to the showroom yesterday and the SA was stressing that if I did find one in inventory it would be based on the current price of the car. Since I ordered back in March the price has gone up 2500. So i presume your order was just so recent the price on the current vehicle isn’t that much of an impact versus when you first ordered?

Reactions: fender4645