Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Farmers quoted me $1620/year for Model Y - 500K/1M liability, 500K/1M UM, 500K PD, 5K med, $50 daily rental, with roadside assistance. Deductibles are 100/1000.

I have been with Farmers for a few years and bundle auto, homes, and umbrella with them. While other insurance companies quoted me lower auto rates, their home policies were considerably higher, so overall Farmers still offered us the best rates/coverage. I do check the competition annually though to make sure I'm not overpaying. Tesla insurance quoted me lower coverage levels yet was still a few dollars more than Farmers back when I had the Model S.
Those are fantastic rates. I don't have other policies/cars so I don't get the multi-policy or multi-vehicle discounts. Also, I'm in a zipcode with a high claim rate so it's considerably more expensive than other places in CA.

Damn L.A. drivers!

Those who are snagging inventory vehicles - they all seem to be *demo* vehicles i.e., folks have test driven it / sat in it - the demo vehicles seem to be priced same as new vehicle. Why pay the same and still not get the *brand new car* ? Waiting a few more days / weeks instead of taking demo vehicle is a new brainer for me. What am I missing ?
I did not get a Demo Vehicle. Not all the inventory are demos (ie someone rejects it). Those that are specifically state so.

Reactions: CarpeDiem12
Got this email just now.. didn’t help much but confirms that the email that went out earlier today for the final payment was an error😔

Attachments

• 53818B2E-4D7D-49AC-AFD6-08113BA4FF7C.jpeg
    53818B2E-4D7D-49AC-AFD6-08113BA4FF7C.jpeg
    459 KB · Views: 65
That's awesome news! Where did you learn about it? They aren't showing on Tesla's map, which includes upcoming chargers. Find Us | Tesla

Reactions: Emmadiane
So the stars, moons and planets aligned for me...

When I got the final payment email (plus EDD changed to July 29 - Aug 18) I sent a message to my SA inquiring about it. Said they would get back to me once they got into the office, which they did and advised to disregard it was an error. This was the first time I had talked to them in about two weeks. So I told them thanks and said FYI I see that there are a lot of demo/inventory cars being released throughout the nation. Basically said we're open to a demo car (hopefully we do not have to pay a transport fee). Told them we were open to most of the colors and open to w/ or w/o tow, but not compromising for 7 seats, black interior, 20", no FSD.

They basically said sounds good, I'll be on the lookout and they said if you see something let me know ASAP so I can assign the VIN. Crazy enough less than a minute later he found a demo car with the exact same config as our order, but with FSD (he said he could have it removed) at the SC we're suppose to pick up from. I've been looking at the inventory this past week and haven't seen anything close to me with with my config (also utilized other Tesla inventory websites). I told him if we can get it w/o FSD, let's do it. Within 5 minutes they had the VIN assigned to our account and EDD updated to June 18-21.

I kept refreshing my account thinking this is too good to be true. But in the later afternoon I got the text to schedule delivery, which the earliest I was able to select was for this Sunday afternoon.

My husband and I said, if it's in fact at the SC as a demo, let's go see if we can see it. So went down to the SC, told a SA there about what happened and he said there's your car. You cannot get it today as it has to go through inspection and detail, but go look around all you want. We felt lucky we were able to see it up close before making final payment and it looked perfect other than a good outside wash.. a small gap different on the frunk area and one small lower front passenger side are.

It's perfect (I'm a perfectionist) and definitely not big enough items where I would reject the car... plus both clothing hooks worked too. ;)

Also I kept thinking we would pay the additional price increase of $500 since we ordered, but no pricing difference and once we got home we submitted the final payment. The SC called us right away to schedule for them to deliver to our home Sunday morning and swap and take away our trade-in.

All in all we're really happy so far and for us it was the best decision to move forward with a demo.

The VIN is 191XXX, it did not have the passenger lumbar, but we did not get a message regarding anything related to Tesla Vision... so we're assuming this vehicle likely has radar.

I need to look at accessories and will post pictures once we receive our MY.

Thinking good thoughts for you all, this community has been awesome!! #teamblue

Pretty stoked! After my super dramatic experience yesterday when it looked like my car had been lost, I just paid the down payment and got a 6/24 delivery date! Clearly recall asking for a delivery center delivery but they still have me as home delivery. SA said I need to reply to the Tesla text message to change to delivery center, so we’ll see if this works. Not sure why a car in Fresno I purchased on 6/16 needs 8 days to get to marina del rey but I’m fine with it 🥳

Reactions: DJ99 and Greg007