Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those still waiting on delivery, please take the time to thoroughly inspect your cars. Mine was dropped off late in the evening so I couldn't really check it out until the next day. Nothing too major, a couple misaligned panels and a chunk of material missing from the rear window trim. And a scratch on the lower trim of the rear bumper that won't come out. Made a service center appointment to take care of these issues. Unfortunately typical Tesla end of quarter shenanigans.

Vba4Tny.jpg

P3F56ha.jpg

But a friend took delivery of their MY yesterday and it was in much rougher shape. And it seems when prepping the car, the detailer ran the polisher over the headlights but did a poor job. So the headlights are a swirly mess. They looked terrible out in the sun. And they need new key cards as well since they warped while in the heat of the car.
Maybe a dumb question but are you sure that second picture is not just plastic covering that wasn't take all the way off? I had what I thought was a similar issue on my induction wheels -- took a picture and booked an appointment. When I got home, I took a closer look and it turned out it was just plastic that hadn't totally come off.

Maybe a dumb question but are you sure that second picture is not just plastic covering that wasn't take all the way off? I had what I thought was a similar issue on my induction wheels -- took a picture and booked an appointment. When I got home, I took a closer look and it turned out it was just plastic that hadn't totally come off.
I wish. When I first noticed it, I thought it might be wax. But there's a chunk of material missing. Just zoom in on the picture. Hoping it's an easy trim replacement.

Reactions: fender4645
Here is their number (510) 897-4860 and this is the number of the guy who called me back (510) 513-1177
I wasn’t able to get through to them but called my center again and they said they might be able to get me a car today but can’t promise anything. I want to keep 0 expectation of getting a car today but I really hope I get it today. He said my config is uncommon(most blue teslas have black interior) so that’s good somehow. I don’t understand why but I really need a car. Also told them that I am open to other colors/config if they can price match to the time I ordered. I saw a red with tow hitch and white interior in inventory and would have gladly paid an extra 2k(1k for red and 1k for tow hitch) but the actual difference is around 5k as the price increased by 3k since I placed my order.
Over the last few weeks I haven’t been able to focus on my work because of anxiety. I know it’s stupid but ordering this car has impacted me much more than it should have. Back to looking for rav4 deals around me while hoping I get a model y today

I wasn’t able to get through to them but called my center again and they said they might be able to get me a car today but can’t promise anything. I want to keep 0 expectation of getting a car today but I really hope I get it today. He said my config is uncommon(most blue teslas have black interior) so that’s good somehow. I don’t understand why but I really need a car. Also told them that I am open to other colors/config if they can price match to the time I ordered. I saw a red with tow hitch and white interior in inventory and would have gladly paid an extra 2k(1k for red and 1k for tow hitch) but the actual difference is around 5k as the price increased by 3k since I placed my order.
Over the last few weeks I haven’t been able to focus on my work because of anxiety. I know it’s stupid but ordering this car has impacted me much more than it should have. Back to looking for rav4 deals around me while hoping I get a model y today
I know It's really frustrating. I wasn't able to focus on my work too! I didn't expect to get it today but It's happening and I hope you get it today. Good luck

For those of you who are having to make service appointments through the app due to 'delivery defect' issues, such as scratches or paint issues and what not, how far out is your appointment? 1-2 weeks? Longer?
When I made a service appointment using the app on 6/25, the earliest appointments available were on 7/8 (for the locations closest to me...Van Nuys and Burbank).

Woohoo! Back to a real date. July 12 - Aug 1

I said it previously, but this is how Tesla works. Getting upset isn't going to change anything. It was this way back in 2018, even worse actually. They do things differently. While I continually recommend Tesla to friends, I tell them right away what the experience is going to be like. Yes, it's maddening. Yes, it doesn't seem logical. Yes, it's not fair. Etc... But once you get the car, you forget about all the frustration. Just relax. You'll get your car when you get your car.
condoning bad customer service practice. If this is the same from 2018 and it’s considered “better” I’m not onboard….we give kudos to a company that’s innovative that can’t innovate the end user experience.

whether I get the car today or tomorrow or whenever, I’d still be upset if what’s occurring. Not the waiting, or being confused on how orders are filled, but how the company operates. I’m waiting or hoping there’s a complaint that gets sent over to Tesla with everyone’s salty experience so far.

condoning bad customer service practice. If this is the same from 2018 and it’s considered “better” I’m not onboard….we give kudos to a company that’s innovative that can’t innovate the end user experience.

whether I get the car today or tomorrow or whenever, I’d still be upset if what’s occurring. Not the waiting, or being confused on how orders are filled, but how the company operates. I’m waiting or hoping there’s a complaint that gets sent over to Tesla with everyone’s salty experience so far.
My bet is on you forgetting all the frustrations, and move on with your life telling friends that your MYLR is better than their European cars.

I'm not condoning it. But I've certainly accepted it. And I also knew to expect it with this order. Being upset isn't going to solve anything. Complaining to Tesla isn't going to solve anything. They are more than aware of how this process pisses people off and seem to be fine with it. They are completely sold out. They can't make cars fast enough to keep up with orders. Solving the customer service problem doesn't appear to be on their list of things to do. I understand your feelings. I went through it all 2.5 years ago. All of my emotions, frustration, nasty emails, phone calls, text and forum posts didn't help me get my car any faster. And didn't help Tesla get any better. And yes, people told me the these things 2.5 years ago when I was the one pissed off.

I'm not condoning it. But I've certainly accepted it. And I also knew to expect it with this order. Being upset isn't going to solve anything. Complaining to Tesla isn't going to solve anything. They are more than aware of how this process pisses people off and seem to be fine with it. They are completely sold out. They can't make cars fast enough to keep up with orders. Solving the customer service problem doesn't appear to be on their list of things to do. I understand your feelings. I went through it all 2.5 years ago. All of my emotions, frustration, nasty emails, phone calls, text and forum posts didn't help me get my car any faster. And didn't help Tesla get any better. And yes, people told me the these things 2.5 years ago when I was the one pissed off.
So the "let me speak with your manager" didn't work with Tesla!? 😂

I'm sure this is something new TSLA family will learn ultimately. Before May, I was still wondering why don't they just start making the Cybertruck. Having gone through ordering the MY, now I understand why Elon Musk is prioritizing producing MY in Austin. Demand is simply through the roof.

Edit: Did anyone figure out why some June orders for standard MY are being delivered while there are others who ordered months ahead that didn't?

FINALLY GOT MY VIN TODAY!!

Ordered 5/1, profile completed on 5/2, no FSD, no Tow.

Been anxiously texted my SA for the past month, gave up hope yesterday, and woke up this morning with the blue button!

Question tho: my VIN is 214XXX does that mean this car was rejected by someone?

Reactions: Greg007 and Jen_v
So the "let me speak with your manager" didn't work with Tesla!? 😂

I'm sure this is something new TSLA family will learn ultimately. Before May, I was still wondering why don't they just start making the Cybertruck. Having gone through ordering the MY, now I understand why Elon Musk is prioritizing producing MY in Austin. Demand is simply through the roof.

Edit: Did anyone figure out why some June orders for standard MY are being delivered while there are others who ordered months ahead that didn't?
Ha! I'm not even sure they know who their manager is that day.

Tesla is a different kind of car company. Nothing about what you know or expect is the same. They do things their own way. A lot of time it doesn't make sense or just pisses you off. Again, not saying it's ok. Just saying there really is nothing any of us can do to change it other than not buying the cars. At least for me, I've decided I'll put up with the nonsense because it's the best EV on the market (at least today). I may not understand why I'm not treated like a luxury customer at the $60k price point, but at least my blood pressure is lower these days.

Reactions: mtsg and Whitebeard
FINALLY GOT MY VIN TODAY!!

Ordered 5/1, profile completed on 5/2, no FSD, no Tow.

Been anxiously texted my SA for the past month, gave up hope yesterday, and woke up this morning with the blue button!

Question tho: my VIN is 214XXX does that mean this car was rejected by someone?
"older" VIN could be someone declined it due to: car rejected from needing fixing or buffed out, someone simply passing on it after waiting a few days.

Keep in mind, Fremont made about 2,000 Model 3&Y (TSLA doesn't break down how much of each) combined in one day. 2k cars in 1 day. So it is only a few-days old car at the end.