Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do they assign SAs? When I placed my original order online (5/3, Cancelled as of 6/29) I selected Fremont pick up but my assigned SA was in Santana Row (San Jose). When I nabbed one from inventory (non-demo), someone from Dublin contacted me almost immediately after I hit Buy Now (got a VIN too)d I’ve never visited either Santana Row or Dublin. I did a test drive of a Model S like 3 years ago in Fremont. Doesn’t matter to me right now since I have my Y that I ordered 2 days but just curious.

Incidentally, I don’t think I updated this specific thread (probably forgot due to the excitement) but I happened to see a similar spec in inventory on Monday, 6/28, so I placed a new order around 12:30 PM. I would say within like 15 minutes after hitting Buy Now and completing the profile, Dublin called and said they have car and if I wanted to pick up later. I said I couldn’t since my financing was for my original, cheaper order so I had to fix that first and they scheduled pickup for 6/30 to give time for my credit union. Fortunately my credit union was quick and the check was ready Tuesday. I tried calling Dublin and emailing but no response so I went to Dublin and picked it up instead since the salesperson said I could pick it up early if the check was early. I can now stop refreshing my account and get back to normal life. LOL.
I'd say reach out to any tesla store in your region or chat with tesla on the website. They'll either help you connect with your SA or just ans your ques

Reactions: Whitebeard
Forgot to mention ordered 7 seat config
I am in a similar situation..SA kept telling me that you’d get your car in June and even talked me out of getting an inventory car with less than 50 miles on it. Now June is gone..EDD is bouncing all over the place and SA is non responsive! Its not the long wait time that is bothersome, but the constant uncertainty around the delivery dates thats driving me nuts.

Reactions: cancoi
My EDD hasn't changed in a week, I think:
6/2: 6/18-6/30
6/5: 6/20-6/30
6/12: 7/3-7/23
6/15&17: September
6/18: 7/4-7/26
6/19: 6/24-6/30
6/22&23: 6/25-6/30
6/24: September
6/25: 6/27-6/30
6/26-30& Today: September

Same still. I'm just racing you at this point to see who gets something first.

I don't get the EDD algorithm. I ordered 5/15 and my EDD still says September. I do see earlier EDD for later order dates. Is it based on location in CA as well?

It looks like the "September" is a placeholder. A couple of weeks ago, the September EDD was a good sign that you were going to get your car soon, but an entire week of "September" EDDs is unsettling.

Same still. I'm just racing you at this point to see who gets something first.

It looks like the "September" is a placeholder. A couple of weeks ago, the September EDD was a good sign that you were going to get your car soon, but an entire week of "September" EDDs is unsettling.
I agree, September is probably a placeholder and it is unsettling. Looks like we have the identical profile as far as order date and the exact car. It will be interesting if we get the car at the same time.

Received my VIN on 6/27. Got set up for a pick up appt for 6/29 - got a call that my car was in the "final phases of production" and was rescheduled to 6/30. Called at 1pm on 6/30 to check that my car is at Colma DC - nope but they were hopefull i'll get it yesterday so they didn't reschedule my appt. Tried calling at 3pm before I took off work so I can be there before 5pm - no answer at Colma and Fremont. Drove to Colma DC and spoke to the manager - found out my car has not even been built yet!

I have the check from my credit union and paid my downpayment. Now the clock is ticking on my loan without a car. Now my EDD says 7/1-7/4 but I am not holding my breath. Had to call my insurance guy to switch my policy back to my trade-in vehicle. This buying experience with Tesla is incredably disappointing and frustrating, to say the least - but we all know that on this board.

I thought about adding full self driving to see if it would expedite my order. I also heard that if it’s installed and then removed that the stoplight ding feature can remain. If I add it now, can I remove it at time of delivery Prior to payment?

Wow! That’s pretty great timing. I feel like I haven’t seen many MSM listed in the comments. I ordered the same configuration, from what I can tell by the photo? Beautiful. Congrats!
Thanks! I got the VIN a couple weeks ago I’m at 208xxx. I originally had a trade in so I don’t know if my SA helped me out or not. I ended up selling my car to carmax and switching to home delivery since I’m not in town. I’ll get to drive the car tomorrow night.

Reactions: LSJR
Can you confirm pickup vs a home drop off? Info today I got was that they were doing ALL delivery to home or designated drop off. Is that what you mean by “pickup”? I ordered at Del Amo and I was told the “region” (from LA to Brea) are doing home deliveries and not picking up at a service center.
I live in Big Bear Lake, CA and had to drive to the Tesla Center ion Temecula to pick-up my car. The long drive home was amazing and fabulous!!!!

Man, this thread has quickly died down quite a bit from the past couple of days 😁

But that was expected since EOQ was yesterday, and a good number of people were able to take deliveries of their car by last night. There's still a handful of people on here still waiting, so hopefully we'll soon see another batch of MYLR cars starting to get delivered later in July.

Reactions: cancoi and JustYNot
Man, this thread has quickly died down quite a bit from the past couple of days 😁

But that was expected since EOQ was yesterday, and a good number of people were able to take deliveries of their car by last night. There's still a handful of people on here still waiting, so hopefully we'll soon see another batch of MYLR cars starting to get delivered later in July.
I doubt it’s only a handful. Seems like a lot of May and June orders have not been filled yet, even some April ones too. I for one ordered on 5/24 and don’t have my vin.

Reactions: JustYNot