Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was fine when my order got delayed (messed up) in March as we really didn't need the car back then, and saving almost $1k/month from a car payment & insurance was nice. However, 6 months later and still with no car, I now have more than enough saved up that I can put towards the Performance model and come out "even" with my LR order. Plus, with things changing for my wife and myself (having to go back to work now and the kids have a few things going on, and we only have 1 car), I now need to get a car by Labor Day weekend or it's going to be tough in Sept..... and we'll most likely have to spend $$$ for a rental.

Either way, we'll see what Tesla does as I wouldn't be surprised to see if they push my "lower priced" LR order further back and build a "more expensive" Perf ahead of time and get it delivered to me. That would be some shady business practice, similar to what Tesla did at the end of Q2 where they pulled VIN's from east coast folks and assigned their cars to west coast folks, just so they could deliver the cars in time before EOQ to count for their delivery numbers. Pretty crappy if you ask me, but if that's how they want to play it, then you have to game the system in order to come out ahead.
I completely understand where your coming from.

I just placed an order for the MYP, I also want to see if this car will be available before my MYLR. I have a funny feeling it just might! We shall see….

Ok guys...woke up this morning to a nice surprise. Got my VIN and request for payment. Tesla is saying my vehicle will be delivered to Brea on Sunday. Few things here: I got 1.14% 36 month no down financing for Logix Federal Credit Union. Got this deal done in about 1 hour from the time I submitted to the time I had a check being mailed to me. They are very familiar with the Tesla process as well. I originally ordered as a cash purchase but I went to the Lake Forest shop and changed it to 3rd party financing. Get the check tomorrow and I texted Tesla that I want to pick it up vs have it delivered. Haven't heard back. My order date was 5/15 so it's been two months basically. MYLR, Deep Grey with White Seats and 19" Wheels. No FSD on it.

Ok guys...woke up this morning to a nice surprise. Got my VIN and request for payment. Tesla is saying my vehicle will be delivered to Brea on Sunday. Few things here: I got 1.14% 36 month no down financing for Logix Federal Credit Union. Got this deal done in about 1 hour from the time I submitted to the time I had a check being mailed to me. They are very familiar with the Tesla process as well. I originally ordered as a cash purchase but I went to the Lake Forest shop and changed it to 3rd party financing. Get the check tomorrow and I texted Tesla that I want to pick it up vs have it delivered. Haven't heard back. My order date was 5/15 so it's been two months basically. MYLR, Deep Grey with White Seats and 19" Wheels. No FSD on it.
Nice! Was planning to use logix as well - recommended person there? Also - did you finance 100% of the cost? And how many months? I’m a 5/14 purchase hoping vin soon. What was EDD before Vin was issued?

Nice! Was planning to use logix as well - recommended person there? Also - did you finance 100% of the cost? And how many months? I’m a 5/14 purchase hoping vin soon. What was EDD before Vin was issued?
Yeah my man Daniel Puerta is who you want. Tell him I sent you (Kevin Hamilton). Financing 100% for 36 months. You’ll need to start a checking and savings acct there. My last EDD was July 15-August 2

Yesterday 7/16-7/29
Today 7/29-8/18
Was told by SA a few days ago that I’d have car 7/20-7/29. Who the heck knows with this company though.
Config in sig. if you’re on mobile turn your phone sideways to see sig.
I was told something very similar by an SA yesterday as well, and I also got a jump in EDD today.
EDD changed from 'July 16 - August 05' to 'July 28 - August 17'
1626357836543.png

Reactions: Maxters
woke up at 5:30 am thanks to my cat and had an edd of 7/17 - 7/27 (previously 7/16 - 7/27). one hour later I received an email from Tesla to complete final payment! checked the my order page to find the fabled blue button, accepted, and saw my VIN: 229XXX. EDD updated to 7/15 - 7/19. have to tie up some loose ends with my financing and insurance today, but maybe this is a sign that base MYLR white april/may orders in la are finally being fulfilled. am...am i finally free from being bound to this forum...?