Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finding a car in the meantime is the key to being able to wait. I borrowed a car for 9 weeks and thought that would be enough. Now I have no car. Just found another car I can borrow for one more week. Renting a car where I am is like 75/day minimum For a crap car, so renting for any longer then a week or two is really a killer…
We sold our Audi for top dollar and contemplated how to deal with being carless for 3 mos. So we bought a $2k beater/disposable car to tide us over. Our neighborhood is going to scratch their head over our Cinderella moment. Hahaha

Thank you! I wonder how it just now ended up in the inventory
@balex95 , I just rejected 217396 this past weekend. I suspect this is the same car. I also suspect this VIN was rejected before they assigned it to me last Thursday, due to several defects on the car. Up to you to decide if you still want the car, but make sure you check that the lift gate button works, that there's no dent on the bottom of the lift gate (below the license plate), and that the driver's side rear door closes consistently (it needed more force than the other doors when I checked it out in person). Also check hood alignment. 217396 does not have new HEPA filter if that matters to you.

Most items can, and will be, fixed. The dent and lack of HEPA really bothered me though. Elon says HEPA can be retrofitted later, but I didn't want to deal with that later (and have to pay extra). Three staff people at Rocklin SC said rejecting it would start me over at the very end of the queue for a November delivery but today my EDD is showing July 29 - Aug 18, which doesn't look like "back of the line". Hope this helps.

Maybe I only posted photos in the main Current Delivery thread. Here are photos again of the defects. The markings and circles are drawn on the car itself by a Tesla employee, they are not photo edits by me.

Attachments

• AD680196-A982-4F05-B04F-06DD69542E88.jpeg
    AD680196-A982-4F05-B04F-06DD69542E88.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 3B234651-2AD9-4024-98F0-61AA652E5799.jpeg
    3B234651-2AD9-4024-98F0-61AA652E5799.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 6F00B1DF-C3D2-414F-822A-0E5BE2FDBB6B.jpeg
    6F00B1DF-C3D2-414F-822A-0E5BE2FDBB6B.jpeg
    534.6 KB · Views: 40
  • B62E0414-7DBC-4AF9-9892-70C9DFB29434.jpeg
    B62E0414-7DBC-4AF9-9892-70C9DFB29434.jpeg
    310.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 075A3AE9-7D04-4ED1-BB06-38E4F0658C09.jpeg
    075A3AE9-7D04-4ED1-BB06-38E4F0658C09.jpeg
    332.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Reactions: Grovester
Anyone have a VIN near 228xxx and can share with me if you got bioweapon defense mode/HEPA, or when your manufacture date was?

I’m taking delivery Wednesday, and am just curious. This was an inventory car I snapped up last week (signed up for text alerts through a third-party), and got a MYLR 7-seater that checked all my boxes.

Also, does anyone know if mud flaps are PPF are coming standard/installed? I read that’s happening in some markets, but not all.

Anyone have a VIN near 228xxx and can share with me if you got bioweapon defense mode/HEPA, or when your manufacture date was?

I’m taking delivery Wednesday, and am just curious. This was an inventory car I snapped up last week (signed up for text alerts through a third-party), and got a MYLR 7-seater that checked all my boxes.

Also, does anyone know if mud flaps are PPF are coming standard/installed? I read that’s happening in some markets, but not all.
You should have the HEPA. 224/225 I think was the cut off. The Mud Flaps / PPF installations are distribution center/regionally controlled. Contact your DC.

I know of two friends with 228xxx and both have new Bioweapon/HEPA. Congrats!

Reactions: MBx4
@balex95 , I just rejected 217396 this past weekend. I suspect this is the same car. I also suspect this VIN was rejected before they assigned it to me last Thursday, due to several defects on the car. Up to you to decide if you still want the car, but make sure you check that the lift gate button works, that there's no dent on the bottom of the lift gate (below the license plate), and that the driver's side rear door closes consistently (it needed more force than the other doors when I checked it out in person). Also check hood alignment. 217396 does not have new HEPA filter if that matters to you.

Most items can, and will be, fixed. The dent and lack of HEPA really bothered me though. Elon says HEPA can be retrofitted later, but I didn't want to deal with that later (and have to pay extra). Three staff people at Rocklin SC said rejecting it would start me over at the very end of the queue for a November delivery but today my EDD is showing July 29 - Aug 18, which doesn't look like "back of the line". Hope this helps.

Maybe I only posted photos in the main Current Delivery thread. Here are photos again of the defects. The markings and circles are drawn on the car itself by a Tesla employee, they are not photo edits by me.

Was this car in Dublin? That VIN looks really familiar and I feel it is the car that I test drove a week or so ago

This is the same car - they did tell me today that it has not gone through inspections. I wonder if they have fixed them? Bio defense mode is not an issue for me, we also haven’t cancelled our existing order just in case. I’m so bummed though to hear this, I was really excited. Hopefully they have fixed the issues. I wonder if I can ask to inspect the car before they deliver it? I can’t pick it up as my husband is gone and he is the one on the registration.

I asked my SA if I could come down and see the car before setting up home delivery