Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly. I have the front plate on and it looks fantastic. I've gotten a ticket for the same thing, huge pain in the ass that is easily avoidable.

The front plate holder does not screw into the car. There is 3M tape that attaches it to the front bumper. The screws then screw into the license plate frame holder, not the car itself.

Sorry for getting OT.
Did you PPF or vinyl before putting it on? Or just put it on?
I totally get the fix it ticket, long time ago got one on an ICE and it’s a pain. Had to go to chp to sign off and then pay it.

::queue the people that say it’s not a big deal::

Did you PPF or vinyl before putting it on? Or just put it on?
I totally get the fix it ticket, long time ago got one on an ICE and it’s a pain. Had to go to chp to sign off and then pay it.

::queue the people that say it’s not a big deal::
That is what I recall for a tint fix-it ticket ages ago. Like 1998 or something. I needed to have chp sign off then mail it in I think. No courts or anything. This was also Ventura county so maybe that was part of it too.

Never had a plate in southern CA for 20+ years and no tickets for it.

Reactions: Starway2001
I got a ticket for no front plate on my old car. It was just parked in a paid city lot and somebody just decided it wasn’t my day. Had to remount the whole bracket and then go to the local PD to have a person come out, sign off on it, and have me pay them ~$200. It was wild. I understand the conceptual importance of the front plate, and I understand the concept well. I just genuinely do not think front plates serve the purposes they say they do. Easy way for the state/cities to make money.

Reactions: MGsurf
Front plate fix-it ticket is easy to write off by sticking the front plate on and having CHP look at it and sign it of, and then pay the small fee by just mailing in the check.

My wife got a window tint ticket in our Honda Pilot the first weekend of July (car has 50% side window tint and factory 20-ish% window dye in the back, so it's very visible & light up front compared to every other car in So Cal) from a young LASD deputy who was having a bad day since he was first aggressive & yelling at my wife before she told him to calm down (I wasn't there but my kids were in the car and my older son recorded everything on his phone - the deputy apologized for his behavior to my wife). Fortunately my workout partner is a LASD detective so he was able to get it "written off" for me, but for a window tint 'fix-it' ticket you need to get a stamp from the PD or court, and then pay the fine at the court. Much more of a hassle to deal with a tint ticket, or we could've paid $300 and not fix it within 45 days of the ticket.

I still plan on tinting my Model Y when I get it with Xpel XR Prime Plus, 20% on the roof & front windows to match the rear, and 70% on the windshield and rear windows & hatch just for the heat rejection.

That is what I recall for a tint fix-it ticket ages ago. Like 1998 or something. I needed to have chp sign off then mail it in I think. No courts or anything. This was also Ventura county so maybe that was part of it too.

Never had a plate in southern CA for 20+ years and no tickets for it.
I technically live in Ventura county so I think I’m spared from some of the LA county / city inconveniences. *rolls dice with both tinted windows and no front license plates and likely jinxed self*. I’ll post here when I get the ticket I’ve no doubt just cursed myself with 😅😂

Reactions: DarthStar
Front plate fix-it ticket is easy to write off by sticking the front plate on and having CHP look at it and sign it of, and then pay the small fee by just mailing in the check.

My wife got a window tint ticket in our Honda Pilot the first weekend of July (car has 50% side window tint and factory 20-ish% window dye in the back, so it's very visible & light up front compared to every other car in So Cal) from a young LASD deputy who was having a bad day since he was first aggressive & yelling at my wife before she told him to calm down (I wasn't there but my kids were in the car and my older son recorded everything on his phone - the deputy apologized for his behavior to my wife). Fortunately my workout partner is a LASD detective so he was able to get it "written off" for me, but for a window tint 'fix-it' ticket you need to get a stamp from the PD or court, and then pay the fine at the court. Much more of a hassle to deal with a tint ticket, or we could've paid $300 and not fix it within 45 days of the ticket.

I still plan on tinting my Model Y when I get it with Xpel XR Prime Plus, 20% on the roof & front windows to match the rear, and 70% on the windshield and rear windows & hatch just for the heat rejection.
I work a 9-5, 5 days a week, sometimes longer. So I can't "afford" to pay for a small fee which consist of taking time out of my day to drive to a place I never intended to go to to have someone sign off on something i should have had on in the first place. At the end of the day it's required by CA, so I'm a bit perplexed when people say they don't put it on because 'it doesn't look good and it's a drive to the local PD to sign off and mail a check, that easy".

Reactions: ryneezy
MYP white/white, no FSD, no Tow. OD-7/9. Delivery date stuck at 8/21 for about 2 weeks. No vin yet. Fingers crossed. Wife’s MYLR white/white, no FSD, no Tow. OD-6/22. Delivery date Sept. 30. I am so amazed at people who still haven’t got theirs from February, March, April! Omg… something seems odd there. My original OD was in May but decided to make changes, costing us $200 + the price changes? Wonder if Tesla really is trying to “off” these cheaper models from earlier this year. Has anyone gotten their MY recently that was ordered before May?

I got a call from a random SA at the Brea Tesla store this afternoon. I didn't have my phone on me so he left a voicemail. He was following up on a visit that my friend and I had at the store last weekend approx 6 days ago. Not sure why they decided to follow up a week later, but whatever. I posted about his experience about getting bumped further down the queue by changing his payment option from Tesla financing to cash. Anyways, the SA said he would like for me to come in a test drive a car and have me put in an order for a Model Y today. I guess he didn't realize I already have 2 other Model Y orders pending.

What's interesting was what he said, that Tesla had recently raised their price $1000 on July 22 and will be doing another price increase in the near future. Don't know if that's true, but I wouldn't be surprised to see another price increase. He also said if I can get my order in right now then I can take delivery of a Model Y in December, but if I put in an order next week it won't show up until 2022. Again, not sure how accurate that is and it's probably just a sales tactic to get me to come in and place an order, but just passing along the info on what he said.

Of course when I saw the missed call from Tesla Brea, I immediately checked my account to see if a VIN had appeared.... Nope! My EDD's were still the same from this morning showing an EDD later this month (for the Perf), and an EDD for later next month (for the LR).
We have the same situation. I ordered MYP 7/9, delivery date stuck on Aug 21. My wife’s MYLR OD-6/22, order date stuck @ Sept 30. I heard on YouTuber Bearded Tesla Guy that if you order from Tesla site, the order date is December. I pray we get ours soon! 😁

OMG! OMG! Got a VIN a few minutes ago (8:22 PM)!!!!!!!!!! Goaaaaaaaaal!!!!! Goaaaaaal! Goaaaaaaaal!!!!!

243xxx

Just came back from our nightly walk and was telling the wife this wait sucks but should be any day now since the EDD window has shrunk from 17 days down to 11 days. Delivery estimated for Aug 9-12 but will contact the SC tomorrow to see if it’s already there and ready for instant pickup. What. A. Relief!

Keep the hope alive, everyone!
When was your order date? Congrats!!!

I ordered on 7/31 and had an EDD of "December" for several days. Now, like you, it has disappeared.

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: -blank-
DC: Stockton

Omgness… so sorry. I think I heard that August orders won’t be delivered until next year. And your OD is too close to August. I’ll pray you get it this year 🥺

At long last received email just now: "2021 Model Y Cash Final Payment Ready." Logged in, Blue Button, Vin Assignment: 243xxx, May 10 Order/May 11 Profile Completion, EDD Was: 8/8-8/23, EDD Now: 8/7-8/11, Burbank
Yesssssss! A bit anticlimactic right?

Know it has been a long wait for you - I really thought it was coming… praying my VIN shows up today. EDD Still Aug 8-19…

Reactions: YForMeee