Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am like 15 min from fremont and I donā€™t think it matters. Mine says October, which changed from Sep 24 - Sep 30.
Yeah, you are a bit closer than me, Iā€™m in San Mateo. It was worth an ask! Lol

At least you have October instead of January. Iā€™m also wondering if there is any difference between the 7 seater and 5 seater times? I havenā€™t seen any posts that suspect a difference.

Yeah, you are a bit closer than me, Iā€™m in San Mateo. It was worth an ask! Lol

At least you have October instead of January. Iā€™m also wondering if there is any difference between the 7 seater and 5 seater times? I havenā€™t seen any posts that suspect a difference.
I think 7 seat orders seem to take longer from the ones ive seen on this forum.
By the way, I have scheduled fremont delivery, and from what they told me there is no difference for VIN assignment, but after you get the VIN, you can expect delivery in as little as 1 day, vs 3-15 days for other parts of the country.

However, the rumor is that as the quarter comes to an end (september), they prioritize local orders as they can deliver them quickly and get the quarter production numbers up. So some west coast folks might get lucky and get a car early if they ordered recently.

You know what's really fun? When you get a VIN assigned, apply for and get approved by Tesla financing, nothing happens for over 30 days (except your EDD being pushed forward week by week), and then you wake up five weeks later to find that your VIN has disappeared. Even Six Flags doesn't have roller coasters like this.
Damn. This happened to you?

Yeah. Just this morning. I reached out via text, and my SA said "That is odd, but I see that the factory still estimates to have your car built any day now and delivered in the next week or two!"

I'll believe it when I see it. They could have at least given a b*tch a funnel cake or a turkey leg. For real.
Iā€™ll be watching for your posts if your SA is telling you the truth!

These waiting room threads though are a good distraction from watching the fires though, so thank you all for keeping it interesting!

Yeah. Just this morning. I reached out via text, and my SA said "That is odd, but I see that the factory still estimates to have your car built any day now and delivered in the next week or two!"

I'll believe it when I see it. They could have at least given a b*tch a funnel cake or a turkey leg. For real.
Ouch indeed.

It's like a 5 year old kid waiting 90 minutes in line to ride the Radiator Springs ride at Disney's California Adventures for the first time in his life because he wasn't tall enough on the previous trip. Super excited he's next up -- then the ride breaks down and they make everyone leave with no ETA.

You probably feel like that 5 year old kid! The uncontrollable emotions. šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ Let it out, let it out.

Hopefully youā€™re luckier than I am. Iā€™ve heard the ā€œyour car will be built any day, expect it this weekā€ from SA for the past 2 weeks.

Reactions: PB FUTED
Hopefully youā€™re luckier than I am. Iā€™ve heard the ā€œyour car will be built any day, expect it this weekā€ from SA for the past 2 weeks.
Did you have a VIN like Mingilicious as well? I think the absolute roller coaster feeling is the excitement of having a VIN - for 5 weeks! - only to then have it disappear... is what makes that experience as unlucky as it gets.

Reactions: PB FUTED
I hope so too. I'm completely carless now because Tesla wanted me to trade-in my current car as a condition of the loan being approved. They were undercutting me (I would have had to pay like $400) so I went through Vroom (which was $3k above everyone else), and they have officially moved the EDD for the eighth time since I was assigned my VIN. This is some ish.

Good news.. I've been checking my EDD periodically today and at last, I'm no longer in the "October" EDD club.

Bad news... my EDD is now +10d/+10d from what it was at on 08/27 before I joined the October club on 8/28. That shift to October definitely wasn't an indicator that my VIN is near. šŸ˜ž