Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bummer my exact spec (bare bones) and I’m 10/13-11/2 on a 7/11 OD, after being in September the whole time until last Monday. Maybe out of white paint?? Haha. Or just not enough profit on the lowest trim. So much for White / West Coast get fastest delivery. Then again EDD could (and will) change again. So c’mon Elon it’s not like these are the Standard Range cars!
Oh gosh, I just remembered I updated my order to 20" induction wheels. Maybe that's why my EDD got extended, but who knows at this point. Haha I guess time will tell. Hopefully, you'll get yours soon!

Oh gosh, I just remembered I updated my order to 20" induction wheels. Maybe that's why my EDD got extended, but who knows at this point. Haha I guess time will tell. Hopefully, you'll get yours soon!
Haha thanks, but I’ve got nothing to complain about with a 7/11 OD, seeing those May orders still out there vinless. It’ll get here when it gets here.

Reactions: framed
I ordered and paid the $100 on 7/11 but I put on hold .... I finished my profile and push the blue button "I'm Ready" by 7/23

My current EDD is 10/10 - 10/30...

How long it take to get the VIN ???
I’ll let you know ;)

Seems it has been taking most between 90-115 days. Sure there is the occasional outlier maybe grabbing a lucky VIN early, but strap yourself in and get ready for a bumpy ride.

On Sept 3, 2021, I called Tesla at 1-888-518-3752 and left a VM regarding no VIN after 95 days. Also texted SA and no communication back from Tesla or SA. So, I went to the Rocklin store and Sacramento store where the SA works and complained about no communication but received comparable information the car was set to be built 9/17-18 and would be given a VIN about the same time. I just got a call today from the SA who has an existing inventory car with 20 inch rather than 19 wheels and blue rather than white, otherwise it is a blk interior 5 seater with no tow. I accepted his proposal and he said I would have a VIN asap and delivery should be less than a week away. WOOT!

On Sept 3, 2021, I called Tesla at 1-888-518-3752 and left a VM regarding no VIN after 95 days. Also texted SA and no communication back from Tesla or SA. So, I went to the Rocklin store and Sacramento store where the SA works and complained about no communication but received comparable information the car was set to be built 9/17-18 and would be given a VIN about the same time. I just got a call today from the SA who has an existing inventory car with 20 inch rather than 19 wheels and blue rather than white, otherwise it is a blk interior 5 seater with no tow. I accepted his proposal and he said I would have a VIN asap and delivery should be less than a week away. WOOT!

Do you have to pay for the new price?

Original price, just payment for paint and upgrade to 20" wheels. I can live with a $3,000 increase to get the car in a week rather than who knows when.
That’s pretty expensive for expediting 3 weeks to something you didn’t order. I thought about this too and realized that is a lot of hours I had to work and that much less I could put into something else.
Did you get VIN assignment yet?

Reactions: NikkoPh and DZMY
Bummer my exact spec (bare bones) and I’m 10/13-11/2 on a 7/11 OD, after being in September the whole time until last Monday. Maybe out of white paint?? Haha. Or just not enough profit on the lowest trim. So much for White / West Coast get fastest delivery. Then again EDD could (and will) change again. So c’mon Elon it’s not like these are the Standard Range cars!
I'm rooting for you! I have a barebones spec OD 7/30. Hoping when you get your VIN, mine will not be far off :D

Although I have a funny suspicion I'll get pushed back to Q4 EoQ Push. Not complaining. Everyone who ordered in April/May should absolutely be prioritized for Q3 EoQ Push.

After a week or so of no EDD I called the 888 number and was transferred to the Walnut Creek store. I spoke to a very nice SA and my window is Dec 28 - Jan 15. That’s totally fine with me as others have been waiting much much longer. I was also able to change my delivery from pick up at Colma to Home Delivery coordinated by the Dublin service center. The SA said Colma is severely understaffed at the moment.

Ordered my black on black, no fsd, no tow, MYP on 8/8/21 at the Pasadena gallery. No VIN yet but EDD is 9/7/21 - 9/22/21 which was 8/28/21 - 9/15/21 before .
Looking forward to taking delivery before the end of the month🤞🏻Hopefully there are no delays or snags!
Now I just need to decide on the upp or redwood coil overs🤔

Reactions: TatisJr

Teslitored mentioned on the Stockton DC thread that there is now a 24-foot wall connector:

https://shop.tesla.com/product/wall-connector---24-ft

The 8-foot and 18-foot versions aren't listed on the Tesla Store web page any more. The PDF manual on the 24-foot web page says "8.5’ (2.6 m) or 18’ (5.5 m)" so they haven't updated the PDF yet. However, I suspect that the wire can just be trimmed to length if you want a shorter length. For me, 24-foot is fine.

Scott

PS the Stockton DC thread is located here for those few confused souls like me who mistakenly chose to have their Model Y delivered to Stockton and are stuck in EDD purgatory:

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/conversations/my-dc-is-stockton-ca.259599/page-2

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton

Last edited:
Did you get your VIN? Mine is scheduled to deliver Thursday. Thankfully the day after I get back in town.
Finally!!! Got MY Vin!!!!!!! 🎉🍾🤣🤩🏆 I’m so excited!!! Was completing my normal afternoon app check in and there it was the blue button! Accepted Tesla vision etc and given tentative delivery of 9/8-9/10.