Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m looking for recommendations on final payment before delivery. I’ve seen where things can go sideways (last minute cancellations, major defects forcing a car to be rejected, etc…) and I want to make this go smoothly but also protect myself.

Does anyone have experience in picking up in person and doing the ACH Transfer after an exterior inspection? Are the delivery centers pretty "okay" with this approach? Or do they require payment to actually be made in advance of the delivery appointment?

My pickup in in Costa Mesa.

I think people have said the only way to “unlock” the car/make the app fully active was by making final payment and having the steps all be completed. But maybe that’s just when a home delivery happens and there isn’t an SA there to assist?

I’m looking for recommendations on final payment before delivery. I’ve seen where things can go sideways (last minute cancellations, major defects forcing a car to be rejected, etc…) and I want to make this go smoothly but also protect myself.

Does anyone have experience in picking up in person and doing the ACH Transfer after an exterior inspection? Are the delivery centers pretty "okay" with this approach? Or do they require payment to actually be made in advance of the delivery appointment?

My first pick up was last year around this time at the Costa Mesa location and they were perfectly okay at the time. I asked if I could check out the car before submitting the ACH and they were perfectly fine with it. I am unsure if things have changed since then but shouldn't be a problem.

9/13: got my VIN
9/14 morning: got a text to schedule delivery: options 9/16-9/19
Chose Saturday morning delivery
Everything is happening so fast once I received my VIN. This EOQ push is real!
Interesting... I never got a text asking me to choose a date. Heck, I never even got a text... I just got my 4 hour delivery window show up in my Tesla account for 9/17. No email, no texts.

We picked up my partner's M3LR in Costa Mesa about a month ago. She brought a cashier's check with her and they let us thoroughly inspect the car prior to taking the check. Paperwork was in the car and they told us to scan the QR code or whatever when we were ready to make the payment. The person helping us came out to let us in the car and went back in until we were ready.

I imagine it would work the same with ACH transfer.

Reactions: DZMY and e645824
9227655C-75CE-476A-9A9A-6608F6E492CF.png

Was someone in CA able to grab this one? I was too late!

I'm still feeling lonely with no vin for a May order... congrats to the gang that have them!!
My suspicious mind googled the phone number that this text came from and I found this in a Reddit forum from a year ago. That person’s Tesla delivery text number matches the number for the text I received. Of course, after replying SEPTEMBER, I was like uh oh is this a scam?? 🤦🏻‍♀️😂
I received the text from the number I’ve been communicating with my SA.

Reactions: GildedVines
Placed an order yesterday. Is an SA supposed to get in touch? I have a few questions.

I also emailed the SA and emailed me when I signed up for a test drive at my local gallery. Can I just have him work with me?
You can try….most of us haven’t had a lot of responsiveness from SAs. I have the email for the guy who initially helped me when I test drove a MY and he has been moderately responsive over the past 4.5 months. I would try contacting the person you dealt with or simply calling your service center. Just make sure you complete and submit your account profile (registration, trade in if applicable and financing details) ASAP because that is basically when the countdown begins for getting delivery. Which I imagine will be several months away at this point for new orders.

Reactions: DZMY and e645824
You can try….most of us haven’t had a lot of responsiveness from SAs. I have the email for the guy who initially helped me when I test drove a MY and he has been moderately responsive over the past 4.5 months. I would try contacting the person you dealt with or simply calling your service center. Just make sure you complete and submit your account profile (registration, trade in if applicable and financing details) ASAP because that is basically when the countdown begins for getting delivery. Which I imagine will be several months away at this point for new orders.
Will the profile be considered incomplete when the financing expires after two months? Do I have to reapply to a loan right away?

• Informative
Reactions: Falcon73