Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: on the web page it now says my order is on hold until 1/20/2022 (probably because I didn’t respond to the text that asked me if I wanted to pick it up today).

But at 5:30pm I got a phone call from a person at the delivery center named Jenny who said my order would be cancelled if I don’t pick up the car tonight! Can they really do that to someone at 5:30pm on New Year’s Eve?!? Or are these folks just under such extreme pressure that they are saying things like this to threaten people?
Had you received a VIN prior? If not, they can’t cancel but the person you talked to was just trying to get a sale before the end of the year. What should happen is you rejected that vin and would be put back in the queue for the next match.

I got a phone call from a person at the delivery center named Jenny who said my order would be cancelled if I don’t pick up the car tonight! Can they really do that to someone at 5:30pm on New Year’s Eve?!? Or are these folks just under such extreme pressure that they are saying things like this to threaten people?

I really hope they didn't actually cancel your order.

This is horrible from Tesla. I am furious how Tesla is dealing with their customers.

Yeah... the high pressure sales tactics are not amusing. Tesla is ahead of the competition. They have a fantastic product and should make sales based on the merit of their product instead of resorting to high pressure sales tactics.

One of those merits could be how they treat their waiting customers. I know they have many publications and influencers touting their products. TMC is a small subset of the Tesla community, but I'm wondering how many other people think of the ordering/high pressure sales tactics experience. If enough normal people stop recommending a brand new Tesla due to unrealistic EDDs and having the company expect the customer to drop whatever they're doing to pick up a car on a random day during EOQ/Y push, it would start affecting their image as a desirable product.

Just my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Filled it out. No rear double pane glass, Intel processor. Will check for battery tomorrow. The first things I noticed were all-season Michelins on the MYP 21” and the seats were different than my 2020 - the cushion and seat back wings are much taller and hold you in like a glove.
Thinking of trading in 2020 MYLR for a 2022 MYP. Can you post pictures of the seats? Thank you!

Hello folks, got my VIN assigned today. I'm planning to go with DCU for financing, did anyone tried that before. I saw bunch of threads in the past but cant find the threads. DCU is asking for purchase or sales agreement, where can i find that ?
I believe that once DCU notifies you of their approval of your credit application, all you need to do is to contact your SA to switch your reservation to third-party financing. After, you will have access to your MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement).

Hello folks, got my VIN assigned today. I'm planning to go with DCU for financing, did anyone tried that before. I saw bunch of threads in the past but cant find the threads. DCU is asking for purchase or sales agreement, where can i find that ?
Congrats! U don’t need to wait for a SA for your agreement. Login on the Tesla site and click, Order agreement. It should be populated with vin and $.
also, if u need a referral for Dcu let me know.

I believe that once DCU notifies you of their approval of your credit application, all you need to do is to contact your SA to switch your reservation to third-party financing. After, you will have access to your MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement).
Thank you, let me wait for the DUC credit application approval and call the SA later. Btw, delivery window is Jan 3rd - 7th, any recommendations for Auto Insurance ?

Got a text from Tesla that the car originally assigned to me didn’t make it off the production line so they re-assigned me to another vehicle.

EDD 1/2-1/8

Anyone else have/experienced something similar?
I had delivery scheduled twice (12/30, 31) with no VIN. I was then told my car didn’t get produced so now I have EDD 1/7 - 1/21. I personally think they had lots of double booked cars so if a car wasn’t accepted for any reason they had someone on hot standby for a 2021 delivery.

My EDD went from Dec 31 to Jan 7 -> Jan 5 to Jan 15.

I really hope they pull through this time. I need to call my insurance company and tell them to put my policy on hold because Tesla over-reached.
If you already have insurance in CA, your current policy covers a new car purchase for 30 days. You do not need to start a new policy for your new car before you purchase it. This is shown during the order process by only needing to upload a picture of your current policy. You can legally wait until after you purchase a car to call them and have it added to your account.

• Informative
Reactions: ryneezy and ap105
If you already have insurance in CA, your current policy covers a new car purchase for 30 days. You do not need to start a new policy for your new car before you purchase it. This is shown during the order process by only needing to upload a picture of your current policy. You can legally wait until after you purchase a car to call them and have it added to your account.
Same in KS. I think Texas is the one that requires insurance asap.

Exact same thing with me. EDD 1/1-1/11
Annnnd this morning the EDD changed to Jan 11th - Feb 8th.

Getting very close to cancelling my order and saying to hell with these people. From rushing me to figure out financing in 16 hours to take delivery, to telling me the car is coming the following week, to now pushing me off by a month? They literally don’t give a *sugar* about their customers.

Annnnd this morning the EDD changed to Jan 11th - Feb 8th.

Getting very close to cancelling my order and saying to hell with these people. From rushing me to figure out financing in 16 hours to take delivery, to telling me the car is coming the following week, to now pushing me off by a month? They literally don’t give a *sugar* about their customers.
They don’t bc there’s 20 others lined up to take your car.
if your truly unhappy, vote with your wallet and cancel.

Reactions: ryneezy
They don’t bc there’s 20 others lined up to take your car.
if your truly unhappy, vote with your wallet and cancel.
Done. You convinced me, these people will just keep doing it until enough people give them the middle finger for it. Just got off the phone with my SA and let him know exactly why I was cancelling. He seemed shocked.

“But your so close!”

“BS, I’ve been ‘close’ before. I’m always ‘close’, I don’t trust Tesla to do anything they say they will”

“Okay….”

Done. You convinced me, these people will just keep doing it until enough people give them the middle finger for it. Just got off the phone with my SA and let him know exactly why I was cancelling. He seemed shocked.

“But your so close!”

“BS, I’ve been ‘close’ before. I’m always ‘close’, I don’t trust Tesla to do anything they say they will”

“Okay….”
I hope u decide to get a Tesla once they get customer service figured out. Wish you good luck to whatever route you decide to go in the meantime.

Reactions: ryneezy