Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day 147 today.

OD: 8/14, MYLR7, White/Black, 19", no tow

Original EDD 12/11-12/31, got pushed to 1/6-2/3, then pushed again yesterday to 1/11-2/8. :/
Same configuration, same order date but im 5 seats.
Our EDDs similar too - last few 1/6-2/3, 1/7-1/21 and changed this morning to 1/10-1/22 maybe they will make our cars around the same time.
Thursday I saw a few white/white 5 and 7 seaters get vins so maybe we will get vins around the same time despite the seat difference.
Sending good vibes!

Scratch my inspect the car at my own leisure before handing over the money plan. This was probably covered somewhere and I missed it, but the DA told me I have to pay in full before they leave the car at my house.

Texted back and asked to schedule pickup and they were accommodating.

I'll get one of my coworkers to cover my oncall for a few hours whenever they schedule. With the way some of the deliveries get pushed back even after the delivery date, I may even just get it the week after next and not have to worry about being oncall anyway. 😅

Reactions: charlesoris
Haha, phone key is one of my concerns. My friend was locked outside his Tesla for a few hours a couple months back. He never used the physical card and the phone key didn't work in the last outage.
My card is always in my wallet. But I suppose the confidence that some leave home without it is itself a level of confidence that it works. I heard that the Mach E fails a LOT.

Great job, Packfan.

I woke up this morning in the first day of my EDD window, and your summary was really helpful as I prepare to run the delivery gauntlet. Well done.

Like you, I loved the online order process. I never, ever thought I would buy a new car on my phone, but I did and it was painless, even fun. I will never submit myself to the “wait while I talk to my manager” nonsense again. It is insulting. And I hope the protectionist dealer system is opened to real competition ASAP, not later. Funny how those who loudly sing the praises of free markets are the quickest to lobby for protectionist, anti-competitive laws to stifle competition and innovation.

Tesla needs to put out some guidance to customers on how the delivery process works and why EDDs jumps around. Tesla’s one man PR Department will need to listen more to real customers and less from his adoring fanboys on Twitter and YouTube.
Yes I agree with that completely. Tesla is failing to offer even basic guidance. Jeez just make a short animated video, you can afford it Tesla.

Reactions: ryneezy
@Packfan I totally related to your summary. I am coming from a 2020 Tesla YLR and wanted to make sure I tested everything else out there. I drove everything you did plus the Ioniq 5 which I did like. Here the the thing for me I may have bought the Ioniq 5 but they wanted 15k over sticker so a car that was 56k was now 71k (it's not a 70k car) and they offered no lease it on :( (I buy tesla's cause the hold their value but Ioniq 5 in 3 years will be worthless IMO). So I put my order in for a MYP Red/White and in these forums someone posted Tesla had Y's posted for sale so I looked and I found one exactly like ordered. I texted my SA and they switched me to that one. I checked Caravana and they offered me a good price on my 20 YLR and tesla came in a little less but at my age I value ease so Tesla it is.

I enjoyed your summary and no we are not fanboys in our house although all of our cars have been Tesla's since 2016. I have a S on order with the new yoke I can tell you I won't be driving it cause it's too big and not as much fun to drive as the Y. My 20 YLR is my go to car for everything I had to go pickup Pizza last night (in my Y of course) because my son loves Pizza and I was sitting there thinking "I love these cars".
Worth noting that I glossed the trade in piece. I used Carvana after getting quotes from all over, including Tesla. DO NOT TRADE YOUR CAR for a bad price to Tesla because you think it will be easier. Carvana couldn’t have been easier. Online quote. Showed up to my house day after I got the Y delivered with a check. Very short walkaround, I sign 3 docs, the car is gone. Very friendly too. Tesla offered me 6k less. No way.

Reactions: CaliX
please check charging screen to see if LFP batteries - would look like this

LFP batteries are only in Model 3 Standard. All LR/P cars are NCA. If they start selling the SR Y again maybe it will have LFP.

my SA was mistaken and mine is not LFP, but Tesla has said it plans to make a lot of its cars LFP in the future. A lot of moving pieces.
"A lot of its cars" = all SR cars (currently only M3 in US but they submitted 2022 MY SR to EPA). LRP doesn't have the energy density to be able to do LR in the same size. With the current design, you would lose range due to weight and smaller battery (physical size). Maybe 290-300 miles instead of 330. In China they do SR MY so that is also part of their "a lot of cars".

Reactions: Tesraki
Thank you all in this forum your posts help me a lot! 1/22 Build no AMD or Li Battery but the build quality is so good I don’t care.

Attachments

• 0B15BDBF-46E0-4DFE-8A37-8EDF409EF9B7.jpeg
    0B15BDBF-46E0-4DFE-8A37-8EDF409EF9B7.jpeg
    976 KB · Views: 76