Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ahaha same 😔

1000 km (~200 km over last 7 days), 2018 M3D, 100 score...still waiting. :mad:
Exact same scenario... Very cranky. Fascinated to know why some of us aren't being moved to 8.2 instead of 4.5.20 despite meeting the critiria. Not happy when we have a) paid anywhere between 7k and 12k for FSR and b) have been driving like grannies for a month to get out 99/100% score

Reactions: Veedio and user20
Exact same scenario... Very cranky. Fascinated to know why some of us aren't being moved to 8.2 instead of 4.5.20 despite meeting the critiria. Not happy when we have a) paid anywhere between 7k and 12k for FSR and b) have been driving like grannies for a month to get out 99/100% score
Agreed. Some days it’s really difficult to stay positive toward Tesla. They really are clueless when it comes to keeping customers motivated and happy.

Got the 2022.8.2 😆 From software maintenance release's perspective, it is very unlikely one can install 2022.4.x on top of 2022.8.x. Anyways, I think im done with waiting for this round.
With you. Might as well opt out after 22.8 which makes the last month of driving like a granny to keep a 99 score a total waste of time. Tesla really doesn’t build good will with customers with crap like this.

If getting updated to 2022.8.2 means not getting FSD beta this round, it means passing the safety score or even achieving 100 was in no way sufficient for getting into the program, but Tesla didn't specify that. The existence of a scoring system implied some type of meritocracy, yet the actual selection process has now been shown to be either arbitrary or random or based on criteria which Tesla has not transparently disclosed. Owners who both paid for the FSD package and drove exactly in accordance with the criteria set out by the safety score are now finding themselves being excluded from FSD beta. Tesla has just wasted a month of the lives of perhaps thousands of Canadian customers who played by the rules but got nothing in the end. Why?

1648605032845.png

Anyone get the Beta and hate it? It drives like a child and needs too much intervention. Don't know what I was expecting, but not something that bad. A long, long way from Elon saying we would "be able to remove the steering wheel and pedals" from these cars.

The visualization is the only thing I like about it. Wish I hadn't spent that much on it when I bought the car.

Reactions: Peripatetic
Anyone get the Beta and hate it? It drives like a child and needs too much intervention. Don't know what I was expecting, but not something that bad. A long, long way from Elon saying we would "be able to remove the steering wheel and pedals" from these cars.

The visualization is the only thing I like about it. Wish I hadn't spent that much on it when I bought the car.
Quite frankly I don't ever see a possibility of being able to remove the steering wheel & pedals in our lifetime. AI can only do so much. I also don't see any possibility of AI being able to handle drive thrus in the near future. FSD is definitely doable in many situations but I'm sure it will take at least 5 years to mimic an average driver in most scenarios. FSD beta is totally unreliable without interventions at this point.

As I check for an update several times a day, waiting for my turn, I ponder what factors could make me not a chosen one. I have a 99 score, 2018 model 3. But this morning I poked through my settings and rediscovered that under data sharing/privacy I was not allowing Tesla to access clips from my cabin camera or autopilot cameras. Just good privacy hygiene I figured. I've enabled them now, but does anyone know if these settings are factors determining who gets it? I'd have figured I'd still get the choice and have to accept all the appropriate data sharing as part of beta.
I received the FSD Beta today and can tell you that it uploaded 8 clips to Tesla averaging 1.8GB each during the month of running the safety score. I noticed that they tended to upload on days when I went to an area that was off my regular routes. During the month I got dinged once for close following (slowpoke merged in front of me), but managed to work it off and ended up with a 100 score over 1200km in a 2019 Performance S (no cabin camera).

Reactions: M109Rider
I received the FSD Beta today and can tell you that it uploaded 8 clips to Tesla averaging 1.8GB each during the month of running the safety score. I noticed that they tended to upload on days when I went to an area that was off my regular routes. During the month I got dinged once for close following (slowpoke merged in front of me), but managed to work it off and ended up with a 100 score over 1200km in a 2019 Performance S (no cabin camera).
How do you check the data info?