Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, quick question - how do I put my order on hold..do I have to contact my SA or I can do it online....also what is the hold period and do I go back in the line when I remove the hold?
Contact Tesla or your SA, and they will most likely try to discourage you. I phoned them and they said they are not doing holds anymore. I'm not sure if its just for Canadians (not sure). Also I have read that Tesla is cancelling orders now (just search and you will see lots of threads on it), and sometimes not giving notice to those who put holds on. I think they are getting fed up (a part of me agrees with them) as it must be a logistical nightmare dealing with holds. If you ordered at current pricing, then maybe you will only be out your 250 deposit, but if you ordered prior to current pricing then you could be out more.

Someone had a few holds on their order and Tesla jacked their purchase price up 10K and said the car was not available anymore the way they configured it. Its in the contract that any changes result in a re-price so Tesla can do that. After all my research I would tread lightly with holds. I guess Tesla is saying don't order a car if you are not ready. I don't know any other manufacturers that put holds on factory orders??