Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car & Driver: The Mach E is simply better than the Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL,
I said "a Ford brand QA logo", not "the logo" I guess, perhaps the concept of QA would have to precede a logo for this fictional activity.
Found On Road Dead
Fix Or Repair Daily
I've known folks with good experience with Fords although I've heard the other side of things too.
...totally antiquated sentimental opinions of what "Ford" or "GM" or "Dodge" et al USED to represent.

NONE of the above show ANY resemblance to the corporations of the 50s-60s-70s.

1. '98 EB Expedition. Not a single problem. Sold it at 60k only because it was huge.
  2. '13 Fusion Hybrid Titanium. Minor quibbles. They did some major warranty fixes that I wasn't bothered about. Traded it in '19 after 130k+ miles. Great car.
  3. '16 Explorer Platinum. No issues. Sold it after a year to get a '17 Tesla MX for wife. Great car but buying the S two months earlier tainted me!
Since '17, we have been a Tesla house ('17 MS75, '17MX75, '22MSP, '22MSY) and Mazda 3's (one each for our sons).

Reactions: tm1v2
nope, they did make an effort. perhaps belatedly, but said effort was actually made.

It seems they are now making an effort: Opening the North American Charging Standard (But the effort is only for the connector, not the communication standard that is used.)

And they say that network operators already have plans to add the NACS, i.e. Tesla, connector to their sites.

Last edited:
Reactions: tm1v2 and DrGriz
Looks like Ford may have missed a few payments:

I told you I like box seats Jim. Not happy I missed the game yesterday.

(I actually don't think CR lets ad dollars or any bribes directly influence their reliability metrics. It is fun to joke about though.)

I told you I like box seats Jim. Not happy I missed the game yesterday.

(I actually don't think CR lets ad dollars or any bribes directly influence their reliability metrics. It is fun to joke about though.)

I don't believe CR participates in the incestual circle-jerk that poses as "automotive journalism", but they are not nearly as unbiased as they think they are.

They refused to recommend the iPhone because it lost 1-2 bars of signal if you squeezed it between your hands, instead suggesting you buy a nice typewriter and send a letter to your mother once in awhile.

OK maybe not that last part, but damn those dudes are uptight.

• Funny
Reactions: vickh
I don't believe CR participates in the incestual circle-jerk that poses as "automotive journalism", but they are not nearly as unbiased as they think they are.

They refused to recommend the iPhone because it lost 1-2 bars of signal if you squeezed it between your hands, instead suggesting you buy a nice typewriter and send a letter to your mother once in awhile.

I was careful not to say CR is unbiased. People never really are, that's why double-blind studies are a thing.

A cell phone that loses 1-2 bars of signal just from holding it doesn't sound too great TBH, I might be on CR's side there! 😛

Reactions: 30seconds

That rating drop article drops the rating for MachE due to the HV battery issues among other things. Like, this stops you on the freeway. At the same time it drops the reliability for Toyota pickups for trim issues. It is clear that they weight the two similarly in their considerations. Holy poop.

That rating drop article drops the rating for MachE due to the HV battery issues among other things. Like, this stops you on the freeway. At the same time it drops the reliability for Toyota pickups for trim issues. It is clear that they weight the two similarly in their considerations. Holy poop.
@DrGriz Okay that part really annoys me too. Sure I'm interested to know about trim issues, but I would never call a vehicle "unreliable" because of typical trim issues. An "unreliable" vehicle is one that doesn't reliably get me where I'm going, or it only does so in excessive discomfort (e.g. unreliable climate control).

Other reliability metric surveys I've looked at had the same flaw, like TrueDelta. Their "days in the shop" metric is a good idea, but "I have a loaner while they carefully realign my trim" is a very different experience than "car left me stranded and now I'm stuck with an out-of-pocket rental."

Now to be fair, if my Model 3 was one where the bumper fell off in the rain, I would consider that trim issue to count against its reliability. ;)