Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no "reinstall OTA" option under the service menu on my car. It would be a nice thing to try.
Curious. So not on 2016s but it is on my 2017.

oZJblxy.jpg

With all the excitement, I ran out and checked my 2017 MS for new software, ... it says 2022.8.10.16 is still the current version, ... Not only do I not get FSD, I still don't have the recall update, ...

My wife's M3 has FSD 12.3.3, ... but she won't use it. She says it scares her. #SMH, ...

Reactions: dbldwn02
Mine updated. It's hugging the right line like a drunk. Our 2018 M3 is pretty decently centered. Will try a recalibration I guess.
I’ve tried calibrating my 2018 M3 about five times, never seems to help. I think that actually there is variance in the camera modules, and/or the positioning. AI/NN interpretation can’t be enough, all the time to factor for this constant difference between models. I’ll be interested to see if truly OBJECTIVELY the camera calibration brings them both in alignment.

• Helpful
Reactions: brkaus
With all the excitement, I ran out and checked my 2017 MS for new software, ... it says 2022.8.10.16 is still the current version, ... Not only do I not get FSD, I still don't have the recall update, ...
I thought that 2022.8.10.16 had FSDb V11.x... (At least for people that subscribe to it or have paid for it, no free trial of the old V11 versions.)

I assume you haven't upgraded to MCU2, which means it will likely be longer before Tesla gets FSD V12.x ready for MCU1 vehicles.

V12 is currently only on 2024.3.*. OTA updates can’t go backwards. You have to wait for FSD V12 to get to a 2024.8.* or higher number version.
I think you mis-read. He is on 2022.8.10.16, which is way older than 2024.3.x.

Reactions: Bigriver

My wife's M3 has FSD 12.3.3, ... but she won't use it. She says it scares her. #SMH, ...
We have it current on both cars now that our MCU2/HW3 12/2016 S was just updated to v12. But my wife agrees with yours and based on posts here I think lots of wives are too smart to turn over control of their two-ton vehicles to half-baked software. We men can’t resist any new technology, no matter how ready it is.

I have a 12/2016 MX with the HW3 and MCU2 upgrades. I have been on 2024.2.7 for the last 3-4 weeks. I was just offered to install the 2024.3.15 upgrade. I started the install and about a ½ hr later it gave me the dreaded "software update failed" error. I'm glad I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but this is the first failed upgrade I've ever had. Drats!
Same thing this am.

• Informative
Reactions: rajbsn

I had the same issue. My fw was a year old. I ended up messaging Tesla through the app and they pushed an update to my car yesterday, but it was still 2023 firmware not the new FSD one.