Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know what chaps my ass? These 12 people not installing this update.
1671127790621.png

Didn't look like much if any improvements for Chuck's first run. Light rain but FSD seems to crumble when the windshield wipers run at high rate. Also the creep limit wall is bouncing in/out more now. Indecisive with one roundabout. And one UPL failure to pick a safe traffic opening. So based on one video, one month later, with a bug fix software update things seem to remain the same at best.

Last edited:
Didn't look like much if any improvements for Chuck's first run. Light rain but FSD seems to crumble when the windshield wipers run at high rate. Also the creep limit wall is bouncing in/out more now. And one UPL failure to pick a safe traffic opening. So one month later with a bug fix software update and things seem to remain the same at best.
We'll be lucky if things stay roughly the same and don't degrade more over time with additional complexity (e.g. adding highway logic). Wouldn't be surprised if we're approaching (or are already at) a local maximum with the current hardware

These 12 people not installing this update
View attachment 885372
Of the 12 installs of FSD Beta 10.69.3.3 today on TeslaFi so far, 7 have been from non-FSD-Beta software versions (2022.20.8/.9, 2022.28.300, 2022.36.6, 2022.40.4.1). So potentially these 12 people "Ready to Install" are also mostly new additions to FSD Beta, and they haven't even realized they've been added. Good news for those who were on "too new" 2022.40.4.1/.2 as they should also be added soon to FSD Beta without Safety Score or Autosteer requirements.

Of the 12 installs of FSD Beta 10.69.3.3 today on TeslaFi so far, 7 have been from non-FSD-Beta software versions (2022.20.8/.9, 2022.28.300, 2022.36.6, 2022.40.4.1). So potentially these 12 people "Ready to Install" are also mostly new additions to FSD Beta, and they haven't even realized they've been added. Good news for those who were on "too new" 2022.40.4.1/.2 as they should also be added soon to FSD Beta without Safety Score or Autosteer requirements.
Related TeslaFI screen:
5xDZPaU.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Of the 12 installs of FSD Beta 10.69.3.3 today on TeslaFi so far, 7 have been from non-FSD-Beta software versions (2022.20.8/.9, 2022.28.300, 2022.36.6, 2022.40.4.1).
The one of those that really caught my eye was 2022.28.300. That has the form of a factory build number, and is in fact the factory build delivered on my 3 that was built mid-October and reached my hands November 3. This is interesting because until now I have seen zero credible evidence of direct transition from a factory build to ANY FSDb build.

Could also be new vehicles in the testing fleet.

And by testing fleet, I mean the alpha dogs, employees. Not the beta shills, or Zulu losers that we are.

You should be used to it by now! Seriously, all along, part of being a beta tester is you get fewer and less frequent updates. hopefully that will change if they open up V11 to everyone but if you're not ok with that then you just need to opt out of FSD beta.
Why would being in beta mean less frequent updates? If we’re beta testing we need to be testing new versions frequently. Non-beta release are to be expected as infrequent.

Why would being in beta mean less frequent updates? If we’re beta testing we need to be testing new versions frequently. Non-beta release are to be expected as infrequent.
Yeah this is what we all thought would happen with the initial FSD beta request button ~14 months ago. And for a little while that was true; updates would come like every 2-4 weeks and it was great seeing FSD almost organically growing. But then about 1 month or so before the holiday update for 2021 things slowed down tremendously and we honestly started to get way way behind and some bugs that were remedied quickly we were stuck with (for me it was the sentry mode bug). It turned out that they only wanted us to be FSDbeta testers. I think a lot of us thought we would be beta testers for even the other sets of features Tesla rolled out but that ended up not being the case at all.

Shills are the true beta testers, and even they don’t get the latest non-beta features. Unfortunately because FSD and main software are in different branches, we’re not beta testing any NEW software features, only beta testing the Faux Self Driving on whatever stable main branch it’s baked into.

Shills are the true beta testers, and even they don’t get the latest non-beta features. Unfortunately because FSD and main software are in different branches, we’re not beta testing any NEW software features, only beta testing the Faux Self Driving on whatever stable main branch it’s baked into.
Honestly... Tesla doesn't really have external "testers" for the standard features that comes out. They do A/B releases which seems to be their pattern of software updates but in that way they almost don't even try to segregate versions that much nowadays. I think 2022 was a year that they took the "beta fleet" information and fed it into their neural networks and got great output out of it. But now they have the compute power built up with the Dojo computer and don't need our information quite as much so they don't care for the end-user to be testers quite as much. They signaled this change when they took away the report button. They want to merge everything and just release it after the internal testing is done. They usually come out with small bug fixes quickly anyway.

You can almost hear the frustration (?sadness) in Chuck Cook's voice in his latest Memorial Park video. Even he recognizes that he is in a special group of people that gets releases early for FSD but now we are looking at normal people getting all the crazy features (Zoom, Steam, MyQ, track mode, etc) and we are just stuck not knowing what is happening. Hopefully these branches go away soon and we just merge it up so we stay on the bleeding edge of all things our cars can do.

Please confirm for our safety that you don't have a phone and suction cup in the cockpit while you are flying us around at 35,000 ft 😀 !!
Confirmed.

However, we do have an iPad mounted on a suction cup holder (mounted to the side window) that we use to hold all of our aircraft and navigation manuals/charts. :D

We used to have to carry around about 40 lbs worth of manuals in what we called our "brain bag." This has been replaced by an iPad. Ain't technology wunnerful?