Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First report of the year and first drive on 10.69.25.1. 30 miles, after dark, no need for wipers. Keeping to the right on unmarked back country roads is improved but not all the way there yet. Sometimes it would lose the plot and then would weave between well over the line and back to about where it should be a few times.
Still doesn’t signal before starting to brake—not safe.
Surprisingly smooth but quick slowing for turns.
This time it did take the 20° left turn off Route one, but it was alarmingly close to hitting the curb and reflector sign but from an outsider‘s perspective it was probably just fine.
The biggest problem I had with automatic headlights was that they do not stay on when they should while driving on back roads with no traffic and no street lights. I had to keep my finger on the light button on the yoke.
“press pedal to continue trip“ is still not true as the car needs to go into Park before it can proceed from a waypoint. This may not change since they don’t need to deal with manual waypoints in Robotaxi.
There were a few unexpected phantom braking moments but none that would toss loose items in the cabin although a couple that would irritate passengers.
Overall more lane keeping confidence but random braking and new driver behaviors continue.

Last edited:
I found it slightly amusing that I hit up the voice input and said "Report - the wipers SUCK!" and it responded by showing "Turning wipers down by 1" which, to the best of my observation, did absolutely nothing.

I tried it again and again and it refused to report back to the mothership that the wipers suck. I'm guessing they got way to many of those reports and their chosen solution was to disable that report instead of fixing the auto wipers.

Bug reports don't go to the mothership.

or anywhere. They never did.

They just set a bookmark locally on the car in the logs in case you open a service ticket for a related issue.... so "absolutely nothing" is what you'd accomplish even if it worked the first time.

So, I updated to the most recent software and it says I am now on FSD Beta, but I don’t notice anything new, like new visualizations. I checked under AutoPilot and it says opted in to FSD Beta and everything looks turned on. So, even though everything says FSD Beta, I must not be officially on it? Confusing.

40 or so miles on 30.5 this afternoon. In addition to the wipers running on a half sunny day with zero rain present, phantom braking is still there, lane keeping still sucks on certain roads. These last two updates have been awful. Phantom braking was almost completely gone for me back on 10.69.3, now it’s awful.

I guess turns do seem a bit better, but the slowing and creeping 25ft before a stop sign is stupid. The jury is still out, as I’ve only used this briefly today, I’ll see what my 100-200miles a day work week looks like.

Yea, no jail but I thought going by other post I read that the "Device" was (likely) always a serious/strike event.
You should be able to see your strike in the AP car menu. Example below is 1 of 3 strikes.

So, I updated to the most recent software and it says I am now on FSD Beta, but I don’t notice anything new, like new visualizations. I checked under AutoPilot and it says opted in to FSD Beta and everything looks turned on. So, even though everything says FSD Beta, I must not be officially on it? Confusing.
Weird ... as I recall I only had to enable the FSD (Beta) as the below graphic shows. The very bottom option is for the middle 1/3 or more or less the full IC.

TOqiEm8.jpg

And in an earlier tweet Whole Mars said anyone with 10k fsd miles should not have wheel nags anymore, Elon agreed.
So maybe not shills only for once
I wonder if that 10k threshold (1), is a hard number; and (2), will include highway AP driving up to this point. I feel like 10k city driving is a really high benchmark. My daily commute to work is less than 14 miles round trip, and most of my drives otherwise have passengers in the car (meaning, I don't use FSDb). As much as it's improved in the last year, it still miserably fails the wife test for me 🙂

And in an earlier tweet Whole Mars said anyone with 10k fsd miles should not have wheel nags anymore, Elon agreed.
That sounds like it’s just going to encourage more behavior similar to the original safety score, eg don’t disengage as much to avoid missing out on FSDb miles, etc.

Maybe instead of this, the beta needs to get more proficient and reliable 🤔

(More on topic) today I spent some miles on 10.69.25.1. No real difference from 69.25 or even 69.3.1. Same phantom braking for irrelevant pedestrians, lane changes away from non-existent obstructions, same sketchy blinker behavior and swings to the right before making left turns.

If this is the official “public” release, with the initial NoA release in mind, we have another few years of refinement before FSDb is as stress-free as basic AP IMO

Did you ever get the FSDBeta? I am still in the queue after 24 hours...wondering how long does it take to enable FSD Beta.

Note Elon did not say that they would do this.

He just agreed with the sentiment, and mentioned that a (possibly unrelated) update would be coming in January.

This is Elon Semantics 101.

That being said, they definitely seem to be using the attention monitoring and cabin camera to get close to being torque free (who cares about hands off - there’s literally nowhere for your hands but the wheel anyway!). Looking forward to more of that. Definitely they can tell from the camera if you most likely have hands on the wheel, even though they cannot see hands or the wheel.

(who cares about hands off - there’s literally nowhere for your hands but the wheel anyway!).

Sure there is... your phone.

Looking forward to more of that. Definitely they can tell from the camera if you most likely have hands on the wheel, even though they cannot see hands or the wheel.

FWIW this is not supported by my own testing. (On a closed course in Mexico of course)-- it can certainly tell if you're looking down at something for a prolonged period (like a phone) but haven't seen any evidence it has any idea where your hands are since it can't see them even when they're on the wheel... (and if it's dim/dark, or you have dark sunglasses, it can't see your eyes either since it's the wrong type of camera to be able to).

Note Elon did not say that they would do this.

He just agreed with the sentiment, and mentioned that a (possibly unrelated) update would be coming in January.

This is Elon Semantics 101.

That being said, they definitely seem to be using the attention monitoring and cabin camera to get close to being torque free (who cares about hands off - there’s literally nowhere for your hands but the wheel anyway!). Looking forward to more of that. Definitely they can tell from the camera if you most likely have hands on the wheel, even though they cannot see hands or the wheel.
There's no guarantee until it's rolled out. But, I can hope...

Did you ever get the FSDBeta? I am still in the queue after 24 hours...wondering how long does it take to enable FSD Beta.
Try a scroll wheel reboot. After I updated to 2022.44.30.5, I also had the button saying "you're in the queue". I then did a reboot, and now I have the FSD Beta on/off switch (off by default). I have never applied for the FSD Beta. It seems the state of the system just isn't displayed properly in the UI without the reboot.