Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am now on 2022.44.25.5. I recently returned from a ~1200 mile trip from Miami, Florida to Jekyll Island, Georgia with a few diversions along the way. I used FSD for the entire trip. On all restricted access highways the car behaved pretty much as I would have done. On minor roads the only times I intervened were to:
- increase clearance passing pedestrians and cycles (3 times);
-making complex left turns (four interventions);
-one with a 160 degree left, followed by a 90 degree right and another sharp left (humans have serious problems with this one),
-one unprotected left from a restricted access highway with sweeping curve in one direction, and a steep bridge access on the other, with cones on the turn
lane. FSD did this successfully twice, awkwardly but successfully with abrupt maneuvers to avoid a raised island after the turn. Once it failed this turn and I
took over.
-On two occasions FSD ailed to take the correct exit leaving Interstate access roads, so I took over.
There was heavy rain at times and on some days heavy fog also. FSD handled these conditions quite perfectly.
Nearly always FSD speeds changes tended to be slightly more abrupt than I typically am, but at no time was that inappropriate.

Overall this is vastly better than it has been before, enough so that I think some income recognition might have been appropriate for 4h quarter.

The nags are becoming an irritant now, since the performance is so good. It would be desirable, I think, to generate nags when the system recognizes increased probability of error rather than the present situation.

For the first time I begin to see realistic potential for true FSD in many situations. The entry to destinations and parking seems some time away.

If occasional manual lane changes count as interventions I had many more. I do not count those, since it was my preference, but in no way necessary.

...If occasional manual lane changes count as interventions I had many more. I do not count those, since it was my preference, but in no way necessary.
Since they likely happened on the AP Stack then the answer is no they don't count. You must be on the FSD Beta Stack for an intervention to count. ;) Most times you need to use forced lane change on the Beta Stack is because it is about to miss a turn or you can clearly see the lane is blocked up ahead and traffic is about to box you in. These are of course interventions.

Reactions: scottf200 and GSP
If we're gonna semantics it up we also need a term for when you do something not to prevent a mistake, but just because you don't want to annoy someone behind you.... ie FSDb would safely complete the maneuver entirely without help but you don't want to sit an extra 5-10 seconds at the stop sign for no reason so you tap the accelerator type stuff.

That's technically an intervention, but clearly (apart from preventing road rage) not a safety intervention.... versus when you have to tap the accelerator because it just stopped mid-turn in an intersection and you need to do that to not get hit by cross-traffic when the light changes.

That's technically an intervention, but clearly (apart from preventing road rage) not a safety intervention.... versus when you have to tap the accelerator because it just stopped mid-turn in an intersection and you need to do that to not get hit by cross-traffic when the light changes.

If one is a "safety intervention" I'd say the other would be something like a "convenience intervention."

Anybody else on 10.69.25.1 and NOT have the "Video Record" Button?
If you are referring to the one on the top of your screen for sending FSD issues, yes, Most everyone except a few select individuals lost the button recently. Tesla hinted that reporting is now automated. Likely they had too many reports to deal with. It will send a report when you take over generally. Annoying not to have the button anymore. :(

Since they likely happened on the AP Stack then the answer is no they don't count. You must be on the FSD Beta Stack for an intervention to count. ;) Most times you need to use forced lane change on the Beta Stack is because it is about to miss a turn or you can clearly see the lane is blocked up ahead and traffic is about to box you in. These are of course interventions.
As I made clear on my post thesevwere on FSD. I use AP often in local streets but do not report any changes I initiate on AP, nor would I ever refer to those as interventions.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Might it also be helpful to list interventions as being related to performing driving maneuvers such as turns, stopping, merging and acceleration as opposed to navigation errors such as lane selection?

Not really. In the end it comes down to whether it is usable. So anything you have to do should count. Otherwise you may as well drive yourself.

It doesn’t really matter when they happen. Tesla can take care of that (we’re not testing, we’re using).

Reactions: kabin
Curious, anybody here "stuck" on 10.69.25? As in you go to the Software settings screen and it doesn't find 2022.44.30.5 / FSD Beta 10.69.25.1 available? I wonder why Tesla hasn't pushed the current version if people are experiencing improvements, but it seems to be available if you pull for an update.

And just checking, release notes for 2022.44.25.5 still show Early Access Program? (Re-check today as it seems to be remotely hosted.)

After driving around on the latest beta for the last few days, I will say it is much improved. On normal streets it's handling pretty well. The more traffic, the worse it does, and the typical trouble spots are still trouble spots.

One thing that dawned on me yesterday while it was driving me around was, "this is what I expected the beta to be like when I first got it, in Oct of 2021."

It's taken just over a year for it to get to the point where I thought it would have been when the beta first opened up to normal people. Gives me hope for the future, but it's still a LONG ways from being ready for prime time.

Curious, anybody here "stuck" on 10.69.25? As in you go to the Software settings screen and it doesn't find 2022.44.30.5 / FSD Beta 10.69.25.1 available? I wonder why Tesla hasn't pushed the current version if people are experiencing improvements, but it seems to be available if you pull for an update.

And just checking, release notes for 2022.44.25.5 still show Early Access Program? (Re-check today as it seems to be a remotely updated page.)

Not only did this update not happen automatically for me, the Software page was stuck on "checking for update" when I manually checked.

Going into service mode and exiting seemed to clear the issue. Not 100% this is causation though.

Reactions: FSDtester#1

And just checking, release notes for 2022.44.25.5 still show Early Access Program? (Re-check today as it seems to be remotely hosted.)
Try rebooting your car while in range of WiFi. After it restarts - check the Software page.

My kid and I got it by going to the Software screen and the check made it start downloading.

However, > 50% (2.8k>2.5k) of people in the TeslaFI fleet still are on 10.69.25 so it seems like it is common.

w3e23Bu.jpg

Re: UPDATE pace below
agSfmiG.jpg

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve

My car is still on 2022.44.25.5. Doing a quick check on Teslascope, it looks like updates from that version to 22.44.30.5 are ongoing, at a relaxed pace. I thought perhaps they were pausing such updates in anticipation of a bigger January update (perhaps to v11), but it looks like we could still get 30.5 before that.

From the discussion, it's a little hard for me to tell what improvements or regressions to expect from the 30.5 update (10.69,3.1), when it occurs.

Ok. New owner of a 2023 LR Model S since early December but have been using FSD 2022.44.30.5 for several weeks in Houston traffic on work commutes and in a Katy subdivision. I'm amazed about what it can do. Most impressive thing I've experienced is it making an unprotected left turn where there was a pretty narrow median between lanes of traffic. The car moved into the median space and angled itself (got skinny) to avoid being in traffic on either side and then waited to get into traffic on the other side of the street.

Issues I've experienced:
  • Phantom braking is an issue and sometimes a big one if someone is following too close. Sometimes I can tell why it might have slowed down but other times it's a mystery and just annoying. There's one spot right as I turn into my subdivision where it slows down way too much.
  • Most dangerous thing I've experienced is an unprotected left turn where the car is in between a median with trees creating some obstruction. A couple of times now, the car has crept out way too far for comfort right as another car was coming. I don't know if it would have stopped but I wasn't going to find out. I feel like the car sees less than me in those situations, which is concerning. Maybe the object permanence work with solve for this.
  • Car seems to have trouble with turns at lights where there are multiple lanes possible to turn the same way. I expect at this point for the car not to respect its lane and drift in another car's lane. It hasn't happened where I thought I would hit a car, but it would definitely be impolite.
  • Have a right turn at a light that the car creeps forward looking for an opportunity to turn right on red. Good. However, a couple of times now it finds the best opportunity right as the cars opposite the intersection have a green for a left turn into the same lane. Once again, I intervene not to avoid a wreck but to be more polite a hurry forward out of the way.
  • When two turns are required back to back on city streets, I noticed the car won't anticipate the lane it needs to be in for the second turn and find itself with insufficient time to get into the right lane. If I let the car get me fully from point A to point B in Houston traffic I would waste at least 10 minutes on the way home because of missed turns or tardy lane changes.
  • Too close to pedestrians for my comfort at times so I usually intervene.
  • Gets into the wrong lane or a turning lane only often instead of a lane that continues straight.
  • Lane changes happen too late and turn signals are too late in my opinion. Turn signal should come on before slow down begins.
98% of my interventions are made to avoid embarrassment or limit frustration of other drivers. There are those few times where I have been concerned about my safety. In short, it's awesome, but still feels like there is a long way to go for me to not have to worry about safety or create massively frustrating situations for other drivers and fellow passengers.

Not really. In the end it comes down to whether it is usable. So anything you have to do should count. Otherwise you may as well drive yourself.

It doesn’t really matter when they happen. Tesla can take care of that (we’re not testing, we’re using).

Yep, at $15k there's no reason down-play anything short of a safe, comfortable, courteous, human-like ADAS driving experience including missing pot holes/curbs/trash cans, slowing for weather conditions, slowing for roadway bumps/dips, etc.

Ok. New owner of a 2023 LR Model S since early December but have been using FSD 2022.44.30.5 for several weeks in Houston traffic on work commutes and in a Katy subdivision. I'm amazed about what it can do. Most impressive thing I've experienced is it making an unprotected left turn where there was a pretty narrow median between lanes of traffic. The car moved into the median space and angled itself (got skinny) to avoid being in traffic on either side and then waited to get into traffic on the other side of the street.

Issues I've experienced:
  • Phantom braking is an issue and sometimes a big one if someone is following too close. Sometimes I can tell why it might have slowed down but other times it's a mystery and just annoying. There's one spot right as I turn into my subdivision where it slows down way too much.
  • Most dangerous thing I've experienced is an unprotected left turn where the car is in between a median with trees creating some obstruction. A couple of times now, the car has crept out way too far for comfort right as another car was coming. I don't know if it would have stopped but I wasn't going to find out. I feel like the car sees less than me in those situations, which is concerning. Maybe the object permanence work with solve for this.
  • Car seems to have trouble with turns at lights where there are multiple lanes possible to turn the same way. I expect at this point for the car not to respect its lane and drift in another car's lane. It hasn't happened where I thought I would hit a car, but it would definitely be impolite.
  • Have a right turn at a light that the car creeps forward looking for an opportunity to turn right on red. Good. However, a couple of times now it finds the best opportunity right as the cars opposite the intersection have a green for a left turn into the same lane. Once again, I intervene not to avoid a wreck but to be more polite a hurry forward out of the way.
  • When two turns are required back to back on city streets, I noticed the car won't anticipate the lane it needs to be in for the second turn and find itself with insufficient time to get into the right lane. If I let the car get me fully from point A to point B in Houston traffic I would waste at least 10 minutes on the way home because of missed turns or tardy lane changes.
  • Too close to pedestrians for my comfort at times so I usually intervene.
  • Gets into the wrong lane or a turning lane only often instead of a lane that continues straight.
  • Lane changes happen too late and turn signals are too late in my opinion. Turn signal should come on before slow down begins.
98% of my interventions are made to avoid embarrassment or limit frustration of other drivers. There are those few times where I have been concerned about my safety. In short, it's awesome, but still feels like there is a long way to go for me to not have to worry about safety or create massively frustrating situations for other drivers and fellow passengers.
Yep, long way to go from here. This morning FSDb did the 30ft crawl to the stop sign, broke hard, crawled again, and then at the last second unsafely pulled out in front of a quickly approaching vehicle. I had to stomp on the throttle and change lanes to avoid an accident. No issues with weather when this happened.

Something new. I'm noticing jerky small regen decelerations while traveling at the steady state set speed. Makes one wonder if anyone at TSLA really tests any of this stuff.

I have the same issue turning into our street. This is one of the reasons I don't believe zero intervention FSD will ever be achieved with current camera setup. I pretty much have to intervene every time there are oncoming cars, which I can only see because I tilt my head against the left window. This gives me a two foot advantage over the forward facing cameras.

The problem is our street used to have a single lane in each direction, with no center median, bike lanes, or pedestrian walk way. They then upgraded the road to include all three, using the same amount of space. As a result the road itself is very narrow, leaving very little margin of error. To make things worse they decided to plant both trees and bushes in the median, making it hard to see oncoming traffic.

Reactions: FSDsjw